• Total voters
Lesh said:
In the words of Dean Wormer "stubbornly stupid is no way to go through life."
The Quote Is
"Fat, Drunk, And Stupid Is No Way To Go Through Life."

Is This An Example Of How Your Mind
Translates And Interprets Facts ??

If you don't think they mean payments

If they didn't say payments...then they ain't talking about.....wait for it....PAYMENTS
WITHOUT payments how does one INVEST in black businesses?
Tax cuts/ low interest loans etc. that benefit EVERYONE
For everyone? She is singling out black Americans who were, in her opinion, hurt by slavery. You need stop ignoring the racism implicit in Harris' remarks.

It was the host's suggestion and Kamala agreed, and doubled down on it with the NY Times.

She didn't"double down on it and she NEVER mentioned reparation PAYMENTS

STOP playing the race card. It's obvious you want to rile up the racists...again...being kind...

You can make reparations in ways other than direct payments.

If they didn't say payments...then they ain't talking about.....wait for it....PAYMENTS
For everyone? She is singling out black Americans who were, in her opinion, hurt by slavery. You need stop ignoring the racism implicit in Harris' remarks.
There is no implicit racism in Harris' remarks.

Which are a FORM of payments retard.

That would go to ANYONE.

What they are NOT...are checks written to black folks as reparations.

And again. This is not a policy that Harris has proposed...or is promoting. She answered a general question in a general way.

YOU folks want to make this some huge racial issue.

Why would that be?

It was the host's suggestion and Kamala agreed, and doubled down on it with the NY Times.

STOP playing the race card. It's obvious you want to rile up the racists...again...being kind...

Would the Obamas receive reparations? How about Michael Jordan?

OK. What would they be? Would they only benefit black folks?

Has Harris supported them?

Would the Obamas receive reparations? How about Michael Jordan?
I am not advocating for reparations. I don't think they would.

There is up and down this thread though

Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Reparations for Slavery: Symbolism over Substance | National Review
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

This is what reparations could actually look like in America

Reparations for Slavery Reading - Constitutional Rights Foundation

Rep. John Conyers hopes Americans are finally ready to talk about reparations
No one has seriously proposed it

That would go to ANYONE.

And again. This is not a policy that Harris has proposed...or is promoting. She answered a general question in a general way.

Why would that be?

That would go to ANYONE.

anyone?

no criteria?

Klan members would benefit?

People arriving after the end of the Civil War would benefit?

Tehon said:
Again:
Show An Instance Where The Reparations Crowd
Offered Any Alternative To Monetary Payments

There is up and down this thread though
They SPECIFICALLY said they were FOR reparations that is NOT something for EVERYONE and would not take the form of a benefit for EVERYONE you liar.

She is talking about investing in the black community. She said that explicitly. If it is done because the black community has been wronged then that would be a reparation.

Tehon said:
Again:
Show An Instance Where The Reparations Crowd
Offered Any Alternative To Monetary Payments
A quote from post #127.

“I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities.”

Last week, on the popular radio show “The Breakfast Club,” Senator Kamala Harris of California agreed with a host’s suggestion that government reparations for black Americans were necessary to address the legacies of slavery and discrimination. Ms. Harris later affirmed that support in a statement to The New York Times.

“We have to be honest that people in this country do not start from the same place or have access to the same opportunities,” she said. “I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities.”

Every election cycle we have some democrats trotting out the "free money" promise to supporters via "reparations". Any type of "reparations" have zero chance of becoming Law. The 2020 elections cycle is heating up and Kamala and Warren both support reparations.
Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren reportedly say they support reparations for black Americans affected by slavery

I believe Blacks today do suffer from the lingering effects of slavery and Jim Crow. The are the only group that was stripped of their language, culture, and family structure in America. I have no problem with giving those that need it, a helping hand. If reparations means cash, I'm against it. If it means ensuring schools in poor neighborhoods have the resources to provide a good education, count me in. If it means some level of health care for every citizen, count me in. If it means providing jobs for those that struggle to find and keep jobs, count me in.

I believe Blacks today do suffer from the lingering effects of slavery and Jim Crow. The are the only group that was stripped of their language, culture, and family structure in America. I have no problem with giving those that need it, a helping hand. If reparations means cash, I'm against it. If it means ensuring schools in poor neighborhoods have the resources to provide a good education, count me in. If it means some level of health care for every citizen, count me in. If it means providing jobs for those that struggle to find and keep jobs, count me in.
That has been happening. The rules have been changed to accomadate the complaints.

That would go to ANYONE.

Why would that be?

That would go to ANYONE.

anyone?

no criteria?

Klan members would benefit?

People arriving after the end of the Civil War would benefit?
Not based on skin color...but rather economics.

Trying to be dishonestly "cute"?

She is talking about investing in the black community. She said that explicitly. If it is done because the black community has been wronged then that would be a reparation.
WHat she did NOT say was that it would be exclusive to black communities

Forum List

Back