Repeal And Replace Paul Ryan

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Seems the biggest stumbling block in the repeal of the ACA is House Speaker Paul Ryan himself.

Some are saying he sabotaged the rollout of the new health care plan by putting unacceptable provisions in it that make it impossible to vote for. Some say he doesn't know what he's doing. I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

GettyImages-503902824.jpg

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan finally introduced his proposed replacement for ObamaCare late Monday. It did not go well.

Democrats were predictably appalled that the GOP proposal, called the American Health Care Act, would essentially take away health care from millions of people, many of them poor, in order to pay for upper-class tax cuts. Moderate Sen. Bob Casey (D-Penn.) summed up the feelings of the Democratic caucus when he declared that the bill's savage cuts to Medicaid were a "disgrace to our nation" and that "I will fight it with everything I have."

But there was never a chance that Democrats would support any major Republican changes to the Affordable Care Act. So what's really interesting is the amount of opposition that the bill has instantly generated among conservatives.

If Democrats see taking away poor people's health care to pay for things like tax breaks for health insurance CEOs as cruel, the American right sees it as not cruel enough. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) asserted that the bill was "dead on arrival." The far-right Freedom Caucus in the House was no more enthusiastic. Conservative health policy wonks attacked the bill. And major conservative think tanks like the Heritage Foundation, the Club For Growth, FreedomWorks, and the CATO Institute immediately came out swinging against "RINOCare."​

Seems the biggest stumbling block in the repeal of the ACA is House Speaker Paul Ryan himself.

Some are saying he sabotaged the rollout of the new health care plan by putting unacceptable provisions in it that make it impossible to vote for. Some say he doesn't know what he's doing. I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan finally introduced his proposed replacement for ObamaCare late Monday. It did not go well.

Democrats were predictably appalled that the GOP proposal, called the American Health Care Act, would essentially take away health care from millions of people, many of them poor, in order to pay for upper-class tax cuts. Moderate Sen. Bob Casey (D-Penn.) summed up the feelings of the Democratic caucus when he declared that the bill's savage cuts to Medicaid were a "disgrace to our nation" and that "I will fight it with everything I have."

But there was never a chance that Democrats would support any major Republican changes to the Affordable Care Act. So what's really interesting is the amount of opposition that the bill has instantly generated among conservatives.

If Democrats see taking away poor people's health care to pay for things like tax breaks for health insurance CEOs as cruel, the American right sees it as not cruel enough. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) asserted that the bill was "dead on arrival." The far-right Freedom Caucus in the House was no more enthusiastic. Conservative health policy wonks attacked the bill. And major conservative think tanks like the Heritage Foundation, the Club For Growth, FreedomWorks, and the CATO Institute immediately came out swinging against "RINOCare."​
Ryan is a piece of crap. Only cares about status quo on the Hill. His bill will fail and Obamacare will implode on it's own. Dems will pay a heavy price in 2018 & 2020.

Ryan is a piece of crap. Only cares about status quo on the Hill. His bill will fail and Obamacare will implode on it's own. Dems will pay a heavy price in 2018 & 2020.
Ryan needs to stop lying and tell the truth. The ACA is unrepairable. So stop talking like you're trying to do just that.

Folks, you’re missing the point on this Obamacare replacement

Ryan needs to stop lying and tell the truth. The ACA is unrepairable. So stop talking like you're trying to do just that.

Folks, you’re missing the point on this Obamacare replacement
Agreed. Just walk away from it, let it collapse, let Barry and the Dems own it. Another nail in the Obama legacy coffin.

Trump is set to meet with House conservatives to convince them to pass Ryancare. Who will be the one Rep to finally tell Donald 'no way, baby'

Trump is set to meet with House conservatives to convince them to pass Ryancare. Who will be the one Rep to finally tell Donald 'no way, baby'
Trump is trying to stay positive. He'll get this worked out before the Dems can use it against us.

Must be nice to leave such a God-awful mess behind and then spend the next 4-8 years just bitching and complaining.

Senator Barrasso: "this is a monumental shift away from obamacare and towards freedom"

Forum List

Back