Repeal & Replace the ACA? Trump tells the GOP, "forget it" !

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Never mind the "promise" that Trump made to his cult members that he had a HC plan to cover EVERYBODY (and be better and cheaper than the ACA).....Now, the focus has changed.....Trump squarely blames the GOP-led congress in trying to shift the blame away from his empty promise on this issue.

How would you interpret the following tweets by Trump?

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Republicans, sorry, but I've been hearing about Repeal & Replace for 7 years, didn't happen! Even worse, the Senate Filibuster Rule will....

6:41 AM - Sep 8, 2017

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

...never allow the Republicans to pass even great legislation. 8 Dems control - will rarely get 60 (vs. 51) votes. It is a Repub Death Wish!

Repeal & Replace the ACA? Trump tells the GOP, "forget it" !

Of course, Trump never said anything like that. But consider the source: The headline was written by a typical board leftist fanatic.

Trump merely said that the way the Senate is operating nowadays, they'll never pass it (which is true). He's kicking the Senate's pants and trying to get them to change their ways, so useful things can finally get passed.

Leftists are horrified that it might actually work, so they are crafting hordes of lies to try to pretend Trump is doing something else instead.

Never mind the "promise" that Trump made to his cult members that he had a HC plan to cover EVERYBODY (and be better and cheaper than the ACA).....Now, the focus has changed.....Trump squarely blames the GOP-led congress in trying to shift the blame away from his empty promise on this issue.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Republicans, sorry, but I've been hearing about Repeal & Replace for 7 years, didn't happen! Even worse, the Senate Filibuster Rule will....

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

...never allow the Republicans to pass even great legislation. 8 Dems control - will rarely get 60 (vs. 51) votes. It is a Repub Death Wish!
I am a Trump supporter and I consider this to be a CHESS MOVE. I actually did not want Obamacare repealed or replaced, but I played games with you snowflakes all this time. Haha, checkmate!
Long live Obamacare! (and Trump too).

• Banned
Ever notice that when something is a success, it's all Trump's doing, but when something fails, it's always someone else's fault.

Trump promised cheaper better health care for all on day one. When pressed for details, he had none but he had a plan "Believe me!". There were other things he promised "on Day 1" as well. A lot of other things.

During the transition phase, he could have come up a plan, but he didn't. He left it to Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to come up with plans. That's not leadership. Maybe he thought "They've been planning to do this for 6 years. They must have something in mind". They didn't.

So the guy who promised he had a plan, the BEST plan ever, you'll see, now blames Ryan and McConnell for not getting the job done.

And he wonders why people don't respect him.

Of course, Trump never said anything like that. But consider the source: The headline was written by a typical board leftist fanatic.

Trump Says He Never Promised to Quickly Repeal Obamacare. Here’s a Bunch of Times He Promised Exactly That.

Trump Says He Never Promised to Quickly Repeal Obamacare. Here’s a Bunch of Times He Promised Exactly That.
Obama promised obamacare would save a person $2500 a year. That lie cost people thousands.

• Banned
So the guy who promised he had a plan, the BEST plan ever, you'll see, now blames Ryan and McConnell for not getting the job done.

The CULT-mentality of Trump worshipers will NOT allow any criticism of the orange clown....The entire charade would fall apart if they did.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I am not a tweet interpreter, why don't you do it for me

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Follow
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

You want the ACA, so I'm not sure what your problem is.

Obama promised obamacare would save a person $2500 a year. That lie cost people thousands.

SOOOoooo, you ARE admitting that Trump (and Obama) LIED, isn't that so?.....LOL

[QUOTE="Bassman007, post: 18113636, member: 55675"]I am not a tweet interpreter[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're NOT much of anything......LOL

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the filibuster rules ends September 30th(?) and that is what Trump is referring to. That if the Repubs are going to get anything done it has to be before that or it isn't going to happen.

Not really a problem....Just looking for ONE honest right winger to OPENLY admit that Trump flip flops like a fresh caught flounder.......But, on here, you folks are all Trump cult members.

Not really a problem....Just looking for ONE honest right winger to OPENLY admit that Trump flip flops like a fresh caught flounder.......But, on here, you folks are all Trump cult members.

Of course, they lied. Did you actually believe they would repeal ObamaCare? I never did.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the filibuster rules ends September 30th(?) and that is what Trump is referring to. That if the Repubs are going to get anything done it has to be before that or it isn't going to happen.

Well, yes AND no....Trump is well aware that a simple REPEAL bill will never get through....even among just republicans.....and that a REPLACE bill in 3 weeks is a fantasy.

Well, yes AND no....Trump is well aware that a simple REPEAL bill will never get through....even among just republicans.....and that a REPLACE bill in 3 weeks is a fantasy.

Did you also see that insurance companies are asking that the government guarantee TWO years worth of payments in order for them to opt to stay in markets?

Of course, they lied. Did you actually believe they would repeal ObamaCare? I never did.

One observation, however......

Obama's "lie" STILL got 20 million additional people insured....mostly people who never had isuch insurance before.

Whereas, Trump's"lie" was just demagoguery to gain votes..

Did you also see that insurance companies are asking that the government guarantee TWO years worth of payments in order for them to opt to stay in markets?

yes, I did......and I would interpret THAT as pure extortion.....

The simple threat of allowing folks to sign up for Medicare at age 55, would send these greedy insurance companies into a panic.

One observation, however......

Obama's "lie" STILL got 20 million additional people insured....mostly people who never had isuch insurance before.

Whereas, Trump's"lie" was just demagoguery to gain votes..

However, Trump has once again this year scaled back advertising for Obamacare enrollment.

However, Trump has once again this year scaled back advertising for Obamacare enrollment.

True......My guess is that the threat of repealing the ACA would drive millions ofmore uninsured folks to sign up.....So, for Trump, it is best to NOT advertise enrollment.

Forum List

Back