Repealing the second amendment...

Japan is a police state.......they can search you anytime, anyplace, for any reason and if you are arrested you are going to be convicted.....
Yes. So if you don't want to live in a police state like Japan, you tards better come up with a superior idea. Fast.

Plan A: Repeal the Second Amendment

Plan B: Duuuhhhh....look! A squirrel!

The United States has the highest gun ownership rate in the world. And we have one of the highest homicides rates.

Guns per 100 residents in the US: 101

Guns per 100 resident in Japan: 0.6

Estimated number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Japan is a police state.......they can search you anytime, anyplace, for any reason and if you are arrested you are going to be convicted.....
Yes. So if you don't want to live in a police state like Japan, you tards better come up with a superior idea. Fast.

Plan A: Repeal the Second Amendment

Plan B: Duuuhhhh....look! A squirrel!

We have the superior idea...

1) Vote democrats out of office, since they keep letting violent criminals, both foreign and domestic, out of jail.

2) Pass sentencing laws that send violent criminals, and gun criminals to jail for 30 years to life in prison.

3) Send violent criminals caught with illegal guns to prison for 30 years to life.

And that is how we lower our gun murder rate and our gun crime rate.

Say, what happens in Japan if a person is convicted of murder?

Pictured for the first time: Japan opens the doors to its death chambers | Daily Mail Online

Bet they hate black people to.

They are one of the most racist countries in the world.....and they don't even hide it. They have 123 people on death row right now....

They hang them........

No. of death row inmates in Japan stands at 123

The number of death row inmates in Japan stood at 123 as of Dec 31, continuing to surpass the threshold of 100 since 2007, Justice Ministry officials said.

In 2017, four convicts on death row were executed and four others died of illness, while two people were newly added to the list of such inmates after death sentences against them were finalized.

Of the four who were executed, three were still waiting to hear about their requests for retrials. Of the three, one was aged 19 at the time of the crime.

The hangings of inmates seeking retrials were the first since December 1999, while that of an inmate who committed a crime as a minor was the first since August 1997, both drawing flak from the Japan Federation of Bar Associations and groups opposed to the death penalty.
------

However, a majority of the Japanese public supports the death penalty. A 2014 government survey showed that 80.3 percent of Japanese people aged 20 or older favored capital punishment, down from a record 85.6 percent in the previous survey in 2009.

The second amendment is as archaic as the third
Neither is relevant to todays society

Given that we have long since given up on the need for a well regulated militia, there is no need to maintain a second amendment to stock it with arms

Gun rights should be established at the state level....they know what is best for their security

Given that we have long since given up on the need for a well regulated militia, there is no need to maintain a second amendment to stock it with arms

Gun rights should be established at the state level....they know what is best for their security

1,500,000 Americans use their guns to stop violent rapists, robbers and killers every single year...according to bill clinton......they would say you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about.....as do all these other studies...

I just averaged the studies at the bottom......I took only studies that exluded military and police gun use.....notice, theses studies which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 41 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

As long as you mean that the citizens of the whole state then I can agree. That’s pretty much how it is now.

How about both and we do our best to make our world safer
Let’s start by making firearm purchases easier for law abiding people. It takes around five minutes to run a background check, it should be llike a Visa card instantaneous.
Also like many other purchases a person should be able to purchase firearms absolutely anonymously.
Haha. So you want to make background checks quicker and also make purchases anonymous? I can’t believe nobody listens to your genius!

Maybe next we can build that wall and also open the border! :cuckoo:
There is no reason why background checks can’t take only a few seconds, The FBI already Does not keep records of firearm purchases why should anyone else?
Few seconds would be great if the right system is in place. Bring it on. If Purchase records would help with criminal investigations then I’d be for those as well
Criminals don’t purchase firearms, so no need for that...
Really? You don’t think any gun that has been used in a crime had been purchased at a store? Really? Wow you are clueless. Try looking back at the last few mass shootings we’ve had in this country.

Let’s start by making firearm purchases easier for law abiding people. It takes around five minutes to run a background check, it should be llike a Visa card instantaneous.
Also like many other purchases a person should be able to purchase firearms absolutely anonymously.
Haha. So you want to make background checks quicker and also make purchases anonymous? I can’t believe nobody listens to your genius!

There is no reason why background checks can’t take only a few seconds, The FBI already Does not keep records of firearm purchases why should anyone else?
Few seconds would be great if the right system is in place. Bring it on. If Purchase records would help with criminal investigations then I’d be for those as well
Really? You don’t think any gun that has been used in a crime had been purchased at a store? Really? Wow you are clueless. Try looking back at the last few mass shootings we’ve had in this country.

Those were purchased through our background check system....almost every mass public shooter passed current, federal background checks, and because they passed those, they would pass any universal background check as well....

Criminals use straw buyers or steal the guns.

1,500,000 Americans use their guns to stop violent rapists, robbers and killers every single year...according to bill clinton......they would say you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about.....as do all these other studies...

I just averaged the studies at the bottom......I took only studies that exluded military and police gun use.....notice, theses studies which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 41 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Who needs a second amendment?
We have no need for militias....we have a standing army

Let states decide what type of gun rights they need

No I think my point makes perfect sense. Criminals and crimes are always going to exist. Question is do we want to make it harder for them to access firepower or not? I’d rather a criminal have a pistol over a machine gun. I’d rather a criminal have a knife over a pistol. I’d rather a criminal have to seek out these weapons on the black market instead of be able to easily purchase at a store. #commonsense

The way you achieve what you want....long prison sentences for gun criminals...anything else is just stupid....

Japan’s gun control laws so strict the Yakuza turn to toy pistols

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison.

If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
I’m fine for striked punishment for gun crimes. I think we already have pretty strict punishment. Your argument still doesn’t address the point that making access harder for criminals will reduce violence and that is the purpose of gun control laws. I agree that some
Laws may be counter productive and hurt law abiding citizens. I’m fine with reforming those. But I also recognize that some laws very likely have saved lives

You aren't proposing anything that will make it harder for criminals. All it does is create legal traps for law abiding gun owners...as the New York SAFE act does with recertification deadlines that criminals don't comply with but law abiding gun owners will lose their gun Rights forever if they miss the deadline.

The only way to save lives is to lock up violent criminals.....as I have posted over and over from various cities, the thing driving their gun murder rates are revolving door policies for violent gun offenders....
I haven’t proposed anything in this discussion. I’m speaking to general principles. For example the fact that autos have been heavily regulated and are not easily accessible have reduced access which lessens the likelihood of them being used in violent acts which in turn reduces the amount of violence as a result. It’s not a hard concept to understand. As for other laws that do make access unnecessarily expensive or cumbersome then I’m all for reviewing and reforming those. There needs to be give and take from both sides
First of all, this should not even be part of the discussion driving an automobile is not a right.
Firearm ownership is. End of story

Criminal control not gun control
Your bot is malfunctioning. Auto = Automatic weapons.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The Americans who use their guns to save their own lives from rapists, robbers and killers....

As long as you mean that the citizens of the whole state then I can agree. That’s pretty much how it is now.

Absolutely

If a state wants to look like Somalia....let them
If they want to be like Japan....let them

Don’t really matter. So it’s known, I own three guns that were never on a store shelf and they are 1000% compliant with all state and federal laws.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The Americans who use their guns to save their own lives from rapists, robbers and killers....

Sure they do

hqdefault.jpg

Absolutely

If a state wants to look like Somalia....let them
If they want to be like Japan....let them

Blue cities look like somolia...and they are run by democrats.

The states that are like Japan.....are controlled by republicans and they have the most relaxed gun laws.

Forum List

Back