🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Replace and Repeal Obamacare

I wonder, those who supported Trump because they hate big federal government favoring states rights will think when Trump/Pence & the Republicans decide that States have no rights in determining which insurances can sell into their state & what the policies need to cover.

U.S. Constitution
Article I, Section 8
"To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes"

The so-called "Commerce Clause", Part of the original purpose of which was to delegate the authority to the Federal Government to eliminate trade barriers between the States, i.e. in this case, knock down internal state barriers to selling insurance ACROSS STATE LINES.

It's actually an exercise of the clause that aligns with the original intent.
States have set regulations on products sold into their states in the past. Like California auto emission standards. Like gasoline taxes, like sales taxes, etc

Your argument is crap.
Ummm.... Auto Emissions standards isn't a trade barrier since it doesn't inhibit any competitor from selling automobiles in California that comply with the standards and such standards reflect the wishes of the state inhabitants regarding environmental protections, however, the byzantine rules that are imposed in many states to protect in state insurance carriers from interstate competition ARE clearly intentional and exclusionary barriers to cross state commerce and the U.S. Constitution gives the Federal Government the authority to nullify them since it's easy to demonstrate consumers are injured by such barriers and that selected companies receive unfair market advantage from them.

Go Read Federalist #42.

:popcorn:

First order of business out of the gate!

Pence says ObamaCare repeal will be 'first thing out of the gate'

"It’ll be the first thing out of the gate," Pence told Fox News' Sean Hannity on "Hannity." "The President-elect’s made it very clear. He wants the Congress when they convene in early January to take up the task of repealing and replacing ObamaCare first."

Pence called the nomination of Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., to be secretary of health and human services, "very exciting and [it] should be a source of great encouragement to millions of Americans who know we’ve got to repeal ObamaCare, but we’ve [also] got to replace it with real solutions."

"We don’t want any American to be anxious about a transition," Pence said, "it will be an orderly transition ... but we’ll be working toward a solution that’s grounded in the principles of free market economics and respect for the doctor-patient relationship."

Pence also said that Trump would restate the case for his agenda to the American people in a series of events beginning Thursday.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I bet Pelosi and obummer have soiled themselves.

The ACA did not change the doctor-patient relationship. That is Republican bullshit. The exchanges are where people can join a larger group to choose a policy that they but from PRIVATE insurance companies rto coverage from PRIVATE doctors in PRIVATE institutions. That IS free market.

Pence is a lying wacko & a danger as VP.

:cuckoo:

All I want for them to do is axe the mandate and the tax penalties for non compliance, that is just so communist.

How do you propose to get insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions?
It is all connected

Explain! Me? I was talking about the madantes to citizens followed by punishment. What are you talking about? You can regulate insurance companies without mandating that people purchase the product.

Look Willow....

Republicans wanted this problem and now it is all theirs. They stood on the sidelines and mocked Obamacare for seven years and now they have the responsibility of coming up with something better. It is not as easy as they claim it is

1. Provide affordable coverage for 30 million people
2. Ensure that pre-existing conditions are covered and do it without a mandate

You just can't pass a law that says insurance companies must cover pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies would go broke. You have to either expand the insurance pool with young people or raise the prices dramatically

I would like to see which the Republicans choose

Your first error. " provide affordable coverage for 30 million people." Why 30 million? The country has 350 million.

Your second error. Insurance companies are going broke now, probably because of pre existing conditions, and obama care is unaffordable.

In other words democrats failed big time. Let's see what the Republicans do.

Repeal is great. Replace not so much so.
Obamacare - the ACA Liberals imposed on America - DESTROYED the existing health care system. If you repeal the ACA there is no longer anything left.

The real reason Obama's LIE about liking and keeping your plan was so heinous is because he already KNEW that the ACA mandated conditions that EVERY Insurance plan in America HAD to have, which NO plan had all of them. That means he KNEW every single plan in the US was going to be negated, that the Insurance companies were going to have to scrap all their old policies and create new ones. Those still exist. The old system / plans no longer exist.

Without offering something to replace the ACA with, simply repealing it will leave Americans un-insured - with nothing.

OK...now Republicans get to fix it

When do we see their plan?
They have had seven years

Obamacare - the ACA Liberals imposed on America - DESTROYED the existing health care system. If you repeal the ACA there is no longer anything left.

The real reason Obama's LIE about liking and keeping your plan was so heinous is because he already KNEW that the ACA mandated conditions that EVERY Insurance plan in America HAD to have, which NO plan had all of them. That means he KNEW every single plan in the US was going to be negated, that the Insurance companies were going to have to scrap all their old policies and create new ones. Those still exist. The old system / plans no longer exist.

Without offering something to replace the ACA with, simply repealing it will leave Americans un-insured - with nothing.

I want it repealed but I don't want it replaced by another stupid government interference in the free market. Even if the new program is better than the old one.

The government simply should not be in the business of regulating any health care. That should be between the patient, doctor and the insurance company. A government bureaucrat should not have any say in the matter.

All I want for them to do is axe the mandate and the tax penalties for non compliance, that is just so communist.

It is all connected

Explain! Me? I was talking about the madantes to citizens followed by punishment. What are you talking about? You can regulate insurance companies without mandating that people purchase the product.

Look Willow....

Republicans wanted this problem and now it is all theirs. They stood on the sidelines and mocked Obamacare for seven years and now they have the responsibility of coming up with something better. It is not as easy as they claim it is

You just can't pass a law that says insurance companies must cover pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies would go broke. You have to either expand the insurance pool with young people or raise the prices dramatically

Your first error. " provide affordable coverage for 30 million people." Why 30 million? The country has 350 million.

Your second error. Insurance companies are going broke now, probably because of pre existing conditions, and obama care is unaffordable.

I absolutely agree with you

Republicans turn to fix it.
I can't see what they come up with

It is 30 million who do not have a healthplan without Obamacare. Those are the ones Republicans need to cover immediately. The rest of us? I can't wait to see my lower premiums after Republicans fix everything

Yes, and an asshole with a pen and a phone!

Price is also a Doctor and he has been studying the ACA since the Dems forced it on the American people.

He was very much against that POS and he has been planning for its removal and replacement.

Will be interesting to see what he's come up with but you can bet your bank account that POS will be gone and something better will be in place.

I certainly hope so. I would like nothing better than to see Republicans come up with a better plan at less cost

Now, all Price has to do is explain:

How will you cover 30 million people that will lose their health insurance?
How will you get insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions without a mandate?

Republicans have been bitching about Obamacare for seven years. Lets see them cover that

Not only Reps have been bitching about that POS.

The only one's who liked it are those the rest of us are paying for.

You sound like you hope they fail. Typical.

It is all connected

Rsise the rates of people who buy health care
Duh

Leave the rest of us alone

Just what I expected. A price increase for everyone

Couldn't be any higher than I'm paying now. My benefits have gone up 60% in the last two years because of that POS.

It is all connected

Look Willow....

It is 30 million who do not have a healthplan without Obamacare. Those are the ones Republicans need to cover immediately. The rest of us? I can't wait to see my lower premiums after Republicans fix everything
It isn't just your premiums , it's the deductibles too, that make Obamacare unaffordable.

I am not a Republican so I don't have to answer for what they do.

My suggestion would be for all government heath care regulations to be abolished and let the free market determine the rates and policies. Free market economics is always more responsive to the needs of the customer than government interference.

The Republicans don't have the courage to do what is right and get the government out of the business of controlling health care. However, Trump's program will be a million times better than this disastrous Obamacare but it it will not good enough.

It is all connected

Duh

Like i care..take better care of yourself

Price is also a Doctor and he has been studying the ACA since the Dems forced it on the American people.

He was very much against that POS and he has been planning for its removal and replacement.

Will be interesting to see what he's come up with but you can bet your bank account that POS will be gone and something better will be in place.

I certainly hope so. I would like nothing better than to see Republicans come up with a better plan at less cost

Now, all Price has to do is explain:

How will you cover 30 million people that will lose their health insurance?
How will you get insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions without a mandate?

Republicans have been bitching about Obamacare for seven years. Lets see them cover that

Not only Reps have been bitching about that POS.

The only one's who liked it are those the rest of us are paying for.

You sound like you hope they fail. Typical.

I suspect the thirty million he is referring to are the ones with the freebie health care that the rest of us are mandated aka forced to pay out our asses for. Of course they are happy as clams.

It is all connected

Look Willow....

I, for one, hope they dump it right back into the private sector where it belongs. The Govt. has no business in health care.

It is all connected

Look Willow....

It isn't just your premiums , it's the deductibles too, that make Obamacare unaffordable.

Obozo care is not even health insurance unless you get hit by a bus..other then that its useless

It is all connected

Duh

Like prices haven't been going up for everyone because of the ACA.

Mine have gone up by 60% because of that POS. The only winners are those the rest of us are FORCED to pay for. Catch a fuckin clue.

"Republicans wanted this problem and now it is all theirs."

1. NO, Republicans did NOT want this problem, Snowflake.

This 'clusterf*@k' is still the problem of ALL THE LIBERALS & OBAMA who rammed this POS into law against the majority of Americans and the GOP who opposed it.

This NIGHTMARE was IMPOSED on the American people, and, like a flaming bag of poop left on someone's doorstep and their doorbell is wrong, the Liberals have left a bag of flaming shit on the GOP's doorstep while seeking to completely absolve themselves of the F* UP THEY created.

Oh NO, Snowflake, no matter what happens, this is still the LIBERALS' Problem.

2. The discussion above is EXACTLY what Liberals want - it's their F* UP, but they are trying to position themselves to lay all the blame on the GOP's laps. Every little thing that goes wrong, every thing people don't like about what is to come, Liberals will try to blame the GOP when the GOP was left holding the Liberals' / Obama's SHIT SANDWHICH to try to fix.

No matter what happens from here on out, all of this is still on the Liberals who put this country in this position!

"Republicans wanted this problem and now it is all theirs."

1. NO, Republicans did NOT want this problem, Snowflake.

This 'clustefark' is still the problem of ALL THE LIBERALS & OBAMA who rammed this POS into law against the opposition of the majority of Americans and the GOP who opposed it.

This NIGHTMARE was IMPOSED on the American people, and , like a flaming bag of poop left on someone's doorstep and their doorbell is wrong, the Liberals have left a bag of flaming shit on the GOP's doorstep while seeking to completely absolve themselves of the F* UP THEY created.

Oh NO, Snowflake, no matter what happens, this is still the LIBERALS' Problem.

2. The discussion above is EXACTLY what Liberals want - it's their F* UP, but they are trying to position themselves to lay all the blame on the GOP's laps. Every little thing that goes wrong, every thing people don't like about what is to come, Liberals will try to blame the GOP when the GOP was left holding the Liberals' / Obama's SHIT SANDWHICH.

No matter what happens from here on out, all of this is still on the Liberals who put this country in this position!

Great post and spot on.

The Dems passed this POS all on their own knowing it was going to cost us out the ass.

They passed it anyway even thought the phone lines to DC were burning up with people telling their reps not to vote it in.

I hope they dump it right back into the private sector where it belongs. Open up the markets. Let insurance companies compete. Competition brings prices down.

Rightwinger can kiss my ass.

Forum List

Back