Report : Administration lied about Bergdahl swap

the Democrats' eight-page rebuttal, called the report "unbalanced" and "partisan."

No shit
Obama breaking the law is unbalanced and partisan?

Which law was broken? I'll need the actual law, not just the ramblings of right wing nuts.

I think that is clear and not in dispute. They by law were to notify Congress 30 days prior, they did not.

The applicable section says he can't use funds allocated for 2013 for the transfer of prisoners unless he notifies congress 30 days in advance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the transfer you are upset about happened in 2015, right?
Text of H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 (Passed Congress/Enrolled Bill version) - GovTrack.us
Section 1028

GOP reports are notoriously untruthful.
You're a notorious liar.

I have been known to be wrong, and I gladly change my position when presented with credible evidence that disproves my beliefs, but I never lie.

Yet another lie.
So when are you going to admit the guns used in San Bernardino were illegal?

As soon as a credible source says they were illegal. Someone actually involved in the investigation.

NO SHIT!

The group that had Bergdahl wanted MONEY, and they got PAID!

Obama has been trying to empty out GITMO, but the Taliban 5 were too big to simply release. They used Bergdahl as an EXCUSE. They lied about the 5 being part of the deal so they could release them.

We have known this almost immediately. The group that held Bo doesn't like the Taliban, does not work with the Taliban, and had no interest their release. The US gave them enough funding to continue their ops for almost an entire year.

It's about time Americans woke the F* up!

the Democrats' eight-page rebuttal, called the report "unbalanced" and "partisan."

No shit

Which law was broken? I'll need the actual law, not just the ramblings of right wing nuts.
Text of H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 (Passed Congress/Enrolled Bill version) - GovTrack.us
Section 1028

(1)

In general

Except as provided in paragraph (2) and subsection (d), the Secretary of Defense may not use any amounts authorized to be appropriated or otherwise available to the Department of Defense for fiscal year 2013 to transfer any individual detained at Guantanamo to the custody or control of the individual's country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity unless the Secretary submits to Congress the certification described in subsection (b) not later than 30 days before the transfer of the individual.

Did he use 2013 funds? Funds allocated specifically for that year are the subject of this section.
It was may 2014 what do you think?

You're a notorious liar.

I have been known to be wrong, and I gladly change my position when presented with credible evidence that disproves my beliefs, but I never lie.

Yet another lie.

As soon as a credible source says they were illegal. Someone actually involved in the investigation.
Straw purchases are illegal.

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

Look it up. They are charging the guy that gave them the guns illegally.

No shit

Section 1028

(1)

In general

Except as provided in paragraph (2) and subsection (d), the Secretary of Defense may not use any amounts authorized to be appropriated or otherwise available to the Department of Defense for fiscal year 2013 to transfer any individual detained at Guantanamo to the custody or control of the individual's country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity unless the Secretary submits to Congress the certification described in subsection (b) not later than 30 days before the transfer of the individual.

Did he use 2013 funds? Funds allocated specifically for that year are the subject of this section.
It was may 2014 what do you think?
that's fiscal 2013....

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

Edit!
NEVER MIND, twas wrong on statement below!

i thought i heard on the news this morning they were not being charged?

Last edited:
You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

i thought i heard on the news this morning they were not being charged?
He hasn't been charged yet.

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

Anybody is perfectly legal to sell or give a gun to whomever they want with no requirement for any sort of background check or any other record keeping. Exactly what makes this time a straw purchase?

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

I hadn't heard that. LINK?

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

What a fucken liar.....
I dub thee....BullShit

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

Anybody is perfectly legal to sell or give a gun to whomever they want with no requirement for any sort of background check or any other record keeping. Exactly what makes this time a straw purchase?
The shooter wanted to keep it off his record, therefore he was using somebody else. Let us know when the FBI calls you for more helpful tidbits.

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

Here's a source i'm sure you'll like BullShit.
How The San Bernardino Killers Exploited A Loophole To Legally Obtain Assault-Style Rifles In California

Now you can show how honest you are and admit you were wrong.

Welcome to the Obama 'fundamentally changed' America.

After 9/11/12 Obama and Hillary threw a film maker under the proverbial bus and declared they would be arresting / prosecuting him for exercising his Constitutional Right to Free Speech.

Last week AG Loretta Lynch declared she would prosecute anyone for exercising their Constitutional Right to Freedom of Speech.

This week Obama's 'Brown Shirts' are going after someone, after the fact, for legal gun purchases that were used by someone else in a terrorist attack. If they can prove he KNEW what they were going to do before he bought them the guns then they have a legit case. If he had no clue it SHOULDN'T be prosecutable......

It LOOKS like the Obama administration is going after the 'film maker' again....

Yet another lie.

The shooter wanted to keep it off his record, therefore he was using somebody else. Let us know when the FBI calls you for more helpful tidbits.

You got a link to the FBI or any other involved source saying the guns were illegal? I haven't seen that yet, and obviously nobody has produced one yet that I know of.

You're a notorious liar.

Yet another lie.

Here's a source i'm sure you'll like BullShit.
How The San Bernardino Killers Exploited A Loophole To Legally Obtain Assault-Style Rifles In California

Now you can show how honest you are and admit you were wrong.

Admit I'm wrong? Your link said a loophole made them legal. How does that make me wrong?

Forum List

Back