🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Report details how GOP lost young voters

No chuckle head. Once people get out in the real world and get a little life experience they become Republicans.

Chuckle. What a silly comment. They become all sorts of things.

I figured it was nicer then dumb fuck......

My comment was directed to you: you are wrong. Folks become all sorts of political animals as they grow up, and intelligence has very little to do with it. Your comment was silly.

The College Republican National Committee on Monday will make public a detailed report — the result of extensive polling and focus groups — dissecting what went wrong for Republicans with young voters in the 2012 elections and how the party can improve its showing with that key demographic in the future.

In the report, the young Republican activists acknowledge their party has suffered significant damage in recent years. A sampling of the critique on:

Gay marriage: “On the ‘open-minded’ issue … [w]e will face serious difficulty so long as the issue of gay marriage remains on the table.”

Hispanics: “Latino voters … tend to think the GOP couldn’t care less about them.”

Perception of the party’s economic stance: “We’ve become the party that will pat you on your back when you make it, but won’t offer you a hand to help you get there.”

Big reason for the image problem: The “outrageous statements made by errant Republican voices.”

Words that up-for-grabs voters associate with the GOP: “The responses were brutal: closed-minded, racist, rigid, old-fashioned.”

“[The] Republican Party has won the youth vote before and can absolutely win it again,” the report says, pointing to presidents Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush who were competitive with that demographic. “But this will not occur without significant work to repair the damage done to the Republican brand among this age group over the last decade.”

The report is based largely on two national surveys of 800 registered voters each, ages 18-29, and six focus groups of young people, including Hispanics, Asian-Americans, single women, economically struggling men and aspiring entrepreneurs in Ohio, Florida and California who had voted for President Barack Obama — he cleaned up with 60 percent of the youth vote — but were considered “winnable” for the GOP.

Read more: Report details how GOP lost young voters - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Until the GOP shuts up Limbaugh, Hannity,Beck etc.........they will continue to feel the backlash. Those hatemongers have raised more money for Dems than you know.

Black youth unemployment is 50%, and you think they still support Democrats?

Why?

Maybe the GOP should quit propping up old geezers like McCain, who've spent so much time in power that they've completely lost the concept of representing the people.

Only way to get anywhere with young voters: Young candidates

I heard Mike Gallagher once tell a young Republican that he was a jerk because the kid called in and asked him to please stop talking about Palin as if she represented Republicans like him. Gallagher hung up on the kid and was so angry at him for calling Palin an idiot.

Maybe the GOP should quit propping up old geezers like McCain, who've spent so much time in power that they've completely lost the concept of representing the people.

A younger candidate who is not reactionary.

Why?
Because the Republicans will continue to support tax breaks for companies outsourcing or removing jobs to Asia and Latin America, Republicans will cut off any and all aid to impoverished families so they too will be taught the lesson of the benefits of smaller government. Republicans will continue to repress civil rights among minorities, women, gays and immigrants.

If the Republicans actually supported job opportunities, let's see it! My Republican congressman won't even buy from vendors in his own district. Nice!

Why?
Because the Republicans will continue to support tax breaks for companies outsourcing or removing jobs to Asia and Latin America, Republicans will cut off any and all aid to impoverished families so they too will be taught the lesson of the benefits of smaller government. Republicans will continue to repress civil rights among minorities, women, gays and immigrants.

Your back must be sore from shovelling all that bullshit.

Why?

If the Republicans actually supported job opportunities, let's see it! My Republican congressman won't even buy from vendors in his own district. Nice!

Dems think unemployment stimulates the econony

Why?

Your back must be sore from shovelling all that bullshit.
Isn't what I wrote precisely what the Conservative wing of the GOP has to offer? Repress rights (marriage equality, affirmative action, abortion) Tax breaks to outsource? Government subsidy cuts?

Why?

No. Higher wages stimulate the economy. Pay equity stimulates the economy. Spending on infrastructure and education stimulates the economy. More money in more hands instead of the most money in the fewest hands stimulates the economy.

As Kevin Kennedy pointed out earlier, Ron Paul had a lot of young supporters, and he was the oldest candidate running last election cycle. The GOP's problem isn't the age of the candidates they run, but the messages they preach.

Republicans have been convincing poor people to vote against their own interests for decades. I'd guess the social issues are what has hurt them more recently.

Kind of like Democrats have been convincing black people to vote against their own interest for decades.

The republican base better known as the white christian party is infested with biblthumpers from jesusland, they are a regional party

This the time when people like you need to be told to stop being such an ass... Jesusland? Really?

How would you feel if we labeled the Dems as the party infested with faithless heathens from Satanland?

Could you be any more intolerant?

...and, with this demonstration of solutions offered by the Republican party, I rest my case.....

You dimwits want to know what drives away honest voters of all ages?
Using the IRS and the DOJ to attack Americans.
Spin that.....

de·flec·tion (d-flkshn)
n.
1. The act of deflecting or the condition of being deflected.

Now what exactly am I deflecting from? I mean really,the dems are in shambles and you clowns want to talk about failing parties?
You want to try and say that kids coming out of college liberal is something new.
Here's some news for you skippy.....thats been going on for over fifty years.

Now if you want to talk deflection....how about this thread trying to steer the conversation away from the criminal and chief his cronies and their misdeeds.

Thats like being jealous of the neighbors new Mercedes while your house is burning down.
You people are certifiable. And I'm not even joking.

Why?

Because republicans have nothing to offer that will make their situation better

Well it looks like doing nothing wold be preferable to what obammy is doing.
And when you consider that obama offers nothing but abuse of power .......
You libs might want to tread carefully. You're starting to look like the enemy.
When you condone criminal attacks as a means of winning elections your liable to get all these crazy conservative gun owners all riled up. Bad things could happen.

No. Higher wages stimulate the economy. Pay equity stimulates the economy. Spending on infrastructure and education stimulates the economy. More money in more hands instead of the most money in the fewest hands stimulates the economy.

Another failure in economy 101.

Why?

Because republicans have nothing to offer that will make their situation better

Well it looks like doing nothing wold be preferable to what obammy is doing.
And when you consider that obama offers nothing but abuse of power .......
You libs might want to tread carefully. You're starting to look like the enemy.
When you condone criminal attacks as a means of winning elections your liable to get all these crazy conservative gun owners all riled up. Bad things could happen.

Why are you preaching to me?

Convince young Americans and blacks that nothing is the GOPs best solution. See how many come to vote for you

Forum List

Back