🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Report details how GOP lost young voters

The GOP has become a joke. It really is like a clown circus. The current GOP makes Nixon seem like a reasonable guy.

Aside from Watergate and coming across as kinda unlikable, Nixon wasn't a terrible President. Comparing him to the current GOP would be unfair to Nixon.

I totally agree. I voted for Nixon - twice. Nixon had many good qualities, but he just became too paranoid for his own good.

Anyone remember the Nixon/Kennedy health care negotiations?

Kennedy Saw Health-Care Reform Fail in the '70s - Washington Post

The GOP has become a joke. It really is like a clown circus. The current GOP makes Nixon seem like a reasonable guy.

Aside from Watergate and coming across as kinda unlikable, Nixon wasn't a terrible President. Comparing him to the current GOP would be unfair to Nixon.

I'm not old enough to remember Nixon, but you do have a point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Environmental_Protection_Agency

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The order establishing the EPA was ratified by committee hearings in the House and Senate.

Could you imagine if Obama did something like that? EPA by executive order? Holy shit, they'd be calling for his execution.

If the report doesn't conclude that the reason for young voters leaving the GOP is because of indoctrination the report will be a democrat fake.

If the report doesn't conclude that the reason for young voters leaving the GOP is because of indoctrination the report will be a democrat fake.

jd3rrw9su52godha.jpg

The rise of the Tea Party and all their collective baggage is the reason the GOP is floundering. Sneeringly divisive positions on the social issues, blindness to wage disparity and the craziness of the Tea Party partisans (defending yourself from charges of witchcraft e.g.) are the basis of the GOP's utter failure to reach voters who are not angry white southern born agains. That level of lunacy runs deep but not wide.

The report seems to say that young people are not willing to believe the indoctrination proffered by the Conservative branch of the party. If you want to seek out a conspiratorial scapegoat, look no further than the level of indoctrination laid out by the Conservative wing of the GOP.

In every instance, from global warming to health care to the social issues, young people aren't buying what the Tea Party types are selling. Which is not surprising as those positions are the ones most passionately held by the least informed members of the GOP. Out of touch and woefully intolerant, how can the Conservatives sell their message to folks who are their polar opposite?

The left must understand how colleges and universities indoctrinate young minds with liberal revolutionary thinking. It's nothing new, look at the SDS terrorists who were encouraged by colleges. The sad truth is that every single major republican speaker has been a victim of assault on college campus at one time or another. Colleges used to be centers for independent thinking but thanks to about four decades of unrelenting left wing propaganda we have a generation of lock-step politically correct zombies without a independent thought in their heads.

The left must understand how colleges and universities indoctrinate young minds with liberal revolutionary thinking. It's nothing new, look at the SDS terrorists who were encouraged by colleges. The sad truth is that every single major republican speaker has been a victim of assault on college campus at one time or another. Colleges used to be centers for independent thinking but thanks to about four decades of unrelenting left wing propaganda we have a generation of lock-step politically correct zombies without a independent thought in their heads.
Never has scapegoating proved to be the responsible path to problem solving, unless you hold Conservative views. Then you can blame immigrants, women, gays, Blacks, the poor, the dreaded world of academia and 'junk science', and ultimately the Jews. Precedent shows this over and over.

Last edited:
They can do better with young people. But they'll have to evolve. It's time to dump the old Neocons and go with real Conservatives like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. Once that evolution takes place, more young people will naturally gravitate towards the Party.

Young people especially, really do embrace the cause of Freedom & Liberty. Ron Paul's following has shown that. They've had enough of both Nanny/Police State Progressives and Neocons. They crave something new and different. If the GOP were wise, it would embrace the cause of Freedom & Liberty and welcome in Millions of new young voters. But we'll see what happens i guess.

Yet, if that article is any indication, they don't take into account the one Republican with a significant youth following, Ron Paul.

It appears they did: "Big reason for the image problem: The “outrageous statements made by errant Republican voices.”

Now, I'm I'm not saying Ron Paul is a male Michelle Bachmann or Sarah Palin (I would say his son is) but much of what Ron Paul suggests isn't practicle in terms of policy and reaching out to the broad voter population.

I think someone needs to study the Nixon Administration a little more closely.

As everyone knows, all the darkies are on food stamps, jabbering away on Obamaphones while smoking crack.

Mexicans are all here illegally, stealing hubcaps and jobs from real Americans. And all those illegal Mexicans have been voting for Obama at least twice in every election, by the millions.

Homos want to force us all to marry our underaged sisters and would be humping dogs in the street if we let them.

And don't even get me started on the ragheads.

If they would just vote Republican, we could make them all good people!

Last edited:
Yet, if that article is any indication, they don't take into account the one Republican with a significant youth following, Ron Paul.

It appears they did: "Big reason for the image problem: The “outrageous statements made by errant Republican voices.”

Now, I'm I'm not saying Ron Paul is a male Michelle Bachmann or Sarah Palin (I would say his son is) but much of what Ron Paul suggests isn't practicle in terms of policy and reaching out to the broad voter population.

"Outrageous statements" is referring to people like Todd Akin, not Ron Paul. Nothing Ron Paul said could be taken as "outrageous." You may disagree with it, of course, but to suggest that it's outrageous is nonsense.

Perception of the party’s economic stance: “We’ve become the party that will pat you on your back when you make it, but won’t offer you a hand to help you get there.”

Big reason for the image problem: The “outrageous statements made by errant Republican voices.”

In a nutshell

"Outrageous statements" is referring to people like Todd Akin, not Ron Paul. Nothing Ron Paul said could be taken as "outrageous." You may disagree with it, of course, but to suggest that it's outrageous is nonsense.

calling for a repeal of the Civil Rights Act is pretty outrageous and not really conducive to obtaining the black vote.

Frankly, the best way to teach young people right from wrong is to let them suffer the consequences of their choices. They will too when they have to start dragging big bucks out of their pockets to pay for obamacare. Makes me roflmao.

Todays youth have grown up in a world where they can talk to almost anyone in any nation, just by pushing a few buttons on their cell phones, or going on the internet. They know what kind of healthcare other nations have, and, as my generation starts pushing up daisyes, they will demand and get a singlepayer universal health care system. They are not going to be pushed as easy by silly lies as people like you, Willow.

As everyone knows, all the darkies are on food stamps, jabbering away on Obamaphones while smoking crack.

Mexicans are all here illegally, stealing hubcaps and jobs from real Americans. And all those illegal Mexicans have been voting for Obama at least twice in every election, by the millions.

Homos want to force us all to marry our underaged sisters and would be humping dogs in the street if we let them.

And don't even get me started on the ragheads.

If they would just vote Republican, we could make them all good people!

LOL. Hardly the attitude of most conservatives that I know, but all to representative of the 'Conservatives' on this board.

Young people truly crave and embrace the cause of individual Freedom & Liberty. Most would like to see Big Brother retreat from their lives. The GOP can tap into that. But they'll have to let go of the past. The corrupt old-guard Republicans have to go.

Forum List

Back