🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Report details how GOP lost young voters

So, GOP congressmen don't use the public school system and Democrats don't give a shit about their children :lol:

You people are insane

:cuckoo:

No chuckle head. Once people get out in the real world and get a little life experience they become Republicans.

I started out as a Republican and became a Democrat. So did many other posters on this board

Fortunately it goes the other way more often.
Usually when it happens your way?? It's because you failed and now you want the gov to step in and take care of you with the money from those who didnt.

How many senators or congressmen were elected right out of college?
And the few who are smart enough to see the truth were taught by parents who actually give a shit about their children and dont use the school system as a nanny.

So, GOP congressmen don't use the public school system and Democrats don't give a shit about their children :lol:

You people are insane

:cuckoo:

No chuckle head. Once people get out in the real world and get a little life experience they become Republicans.

Chuckle. What a silly comment. They become all sorts of things.

Paul probably appeals to youth as much as anyone in the GOP, but without numbers that does not mean anything.

Democrat Campaign: Vote Democrat, we give food stamps, unemployment and SS disability benefits

Moderate Republican Campaign: Vote Republican, we give you food stamps, unemployment and SS disability benefits, and only slightly less than the Democrats

Tea Party Conservative: Vote Conservative, we'll get government off your back and out of your way so you get a great job and are left alone

The GOP has a real problem with messaging... they've allowed the far left to brand them as the party of old, white, racist & homophobic men.. which if course isn't what the right is about at all.

They wimp out in the face of virulent, nasty attacks from the whackaloon brigade instead of calling them out for the liars and frankly, in some instances, racist assholes that the far left can be.

^ Perfect!

Sarah Palin urged Juan McCain to go after that radical scumbag Obama, instead McCain then Romney ran 2 of the worst campaigns in human history. Maybe Soros paid them each $50MM to fuck up?

I started out as a Republican and became a Democrat. So did many other posters on this board

Usually when it happens your way?? It's because you failed and now you want the gov to step in and take care of you with the money from those who didnt.

Your condescending reply demonstrates why so many are disgusted with the GOP

First, define significant. And what is the percentage of youth followers that Paul has out of the whole?

Yet, if that article is any indication, they don't take into account the one Republican with a significant youth following, Ron Paul.

Significant meaning that Ron Paul won the youth vote in most of the Republican primaries and caucuses in 2012, if not all of them. As for the overall percentage, couldn't tell you.

First, define significant. And what is the percentage of youth followers that Paul has out of the whole?

Yet, if that article is any indication, they don't take into account the one Republican with a significant youth following, Ron Paul.

To be fair, Rand Paul, like his father, appeals to many young voters who embrace Libertarian ideals

Demographically: Young, White, Christian and Male

This, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with the Republican Party. In effect, they are saying, "If you are not one of us, then you are a failure and a leach on society". I will give them a hint. Calling people failures and leeches is NOT a sucessful stratagy for recruiting new party supporters. DUHHHH!!

I'm not entirely sure they can.

Let's say the GOP actually get sane on Gay Marriage, Abortion, and Guns? That they stop villifying immigrants and such?

Then what would they have to run on?

That you should be happy slaving away for the 1%ers, working harder for less money, hoping they don't ship your job to China?

The GOP should marginalize the crazies. But they also have to get back on the side of working people.

The rich are going to be just fine, really.

Republicans have been convincing poor people to vote against their own interests for decades. I'd guess the social issues are what has hurt them more recently.

Kind of like Democrats have been convincing black people to vote against their own interest for decades.

The republican base better known as the white christian party is infested with biblthumpers from jesusland, they are a regional party

This, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with the Republican Party. In effect, they are saying, "If you are not one of us, then you are a failure and a leach on society". I will give them a hint. Calling people failures and leeches is NOT a sucessful stratagy for recruiting new party supporters. DUHHHH!!

If your idea of sound policy is punishing success and rewarding failure,I want nothing to do with you.
If your idea of a transparent government is using the IRS against your enemies,I want nothing to do with you.
I could do this all day.....

If you're the type of person who doesnt have a problem with this,why would I want you to become a Republican?

DUHHHH and DERP!!!:cuckoo:

If your idea of sound policy is punishing success and rewarding failure,I want nothing to do with you.
If your idea of a transparent government is using the IRS against your enemies,I want nothing to do with you.

If you're the type of person who doesnt have a problem with this,why would I want you to become a Republican?

...and, with this demonstration of solutions offered by the Republican party, I rest my case.....

If you buy into the idea that government knows better how to live your life than you do, then yes, there's something horribly wrong with you

...and, with this demonstration of solutions offered by the Republican party, I rest my case.....

You dimwits want to know what drives away honest voters of all ages?
Using the IRS and the DOJ to attack Americans.
Spin that.....

:clap2:

You dimwits want to know what drives away honest voters of all ages?
Using the IRS and the DOJ to attack Americans.
Spin that.....

de·flec·tion (d-flkshn)
n.
1. The act of deflecting or the condition of being deflected.

Democrat Campaign: Vote Democrat, we give food stamps, unemployment and SS disability benefits

Moderate Republican Campaign: Vote Republican, we give you food stamps, unemployment and SS disability benefits, and only slightly less than the Democrats

Tea Party Conservative: Vote Conservative, we'll get government off your back and out of your way so you get a great job and are left alone

What a fucking pantload. The tea party can't explain HOW they will do any of that - they just say they are going to do it. That's exactly what President Romney said.

College Republicans have figured out what's wrong with the GOP - The Week

They come across as hostile hateful scolds. The rhetoric employed by many Republicans has turned off many younger voters, who want solutions to problems, not the blame game and excuses. Hateful rhetoric and a dismissive is what younger voters associate the GOP with.

The GOP's disconnect with younger voters goes far beyond the idea of whether same-sex couples should be able to marry. These same younger voters have also grown up in a world where race and ethnicity has become an ever increasing blur, which seems to mean that the idea of opposing policies that grant equality to people of other races seem like self-evident reality to them, just as the idea of equality for gays and lesbians seems self-evident to them. Both of these are areas where the GOP is far behind the curve, and that's a huge reason why they aren't being taken seriously by younger voters

The young GOP activists said swing voters who responded to two surveys lambasted the party as "closed-minded, racist, rigid, [and] old-fashioned." They warned that Republican leaders have to change their policies on everything from gay marriage to the economy to improve the "dismal present situation." Latino voters, angered by hardline immigration positions and other policies, "tend to think the GOP couldn’t care less about them," the report said, and people across the board are turned off by "outrageous statements made by errant Republican voices."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back