🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Report: Islamic state sieges threatening to eliminate aramaic, the language of jesus

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
A few years ago there was an article about the Assyrians in Los Angeles taking classes to learn Aramaic so thankfully this ancient language will not die out. In addition, there are other Assyrians who left the Middle East to live in other places in the world, and they will also help to see that this language is kept alive. I wouldn't be surprised if you went to many of the Assyrian Churches in the U.S., you will find there are some parishioners who can speak this old language.

REPORT: ISLAMIC STATE SIEGES THREATENING TO ELIMINATE ARAMAIC, THE LANGUAGE OF JESUS

by FRANCES MARTEL 15 Aug 2014

The siege of northern Iraq against the nation's ethnic and religious minorities by jihadist terror group Islamic State threatens to significantly alter the composition of the nation and write yet another chapter on genocide in human history. The threat is also a cultural one, however, as Islamic State terrorists kill hundreds of the last remaining speakers of Aramaic.

The Islamic State's onslaught against minorities in Iraq escalated to unprecedented levels upon its seizure of Mosul, the second-largest city in the nation. There, they cleansed the city of its Christians, demanding the jiziya or "infidel's tax," their departure, or their lives.The Christians left, marking the first time since shortly after the life of Jesus that Mosul is devoid of Christian residents.

Continue reading at:

Report: Islamic State Sieges Threatening to Eliminate Aramaic, the Language of Jesus

>>by the sixth to third century BCE most people in the Levant and Mesopotamia generally spoke Aramaic <<
Literacy in Roman Palestine
By Catherine Hezser

They'll have to burn every Talmud in existence.
Not that I would put that past them.

A few years ago there was an article about the Assyrians in Los Angeles taking classes to learn Aramaic so thankfully this ancient language will not die out. In addition, there are other Assyrians who left the Middle East to live in other places in the world, and they will also help to see that this language is kept alive. I wouldn't be surprised if you went to many of the Assyrian Churches in the U.S., you will find there are some parishioners who can speak this old language.

REPORT: ISLAMIC STATE SIEGES THREATENING TO ELIMINATE ARAMAIC, THE LANGUAGE OF JESUS

by FRANCES MARTEL 15 Aug 2014

The siege of northern Iraq against the nation's ethnic and religious minorities by jihadist terror group Islamic State threatens to significantly alter the composition of the nation and write yet another chapter on genocide in human history. The threat is also a cultural one, however, as Islamic State terrorists kill hundreds of the last remaining speakers of Aramaic.

The Islamic State's onslaught against minorities in Iraq escalated to unprecedented levels upon its seizure of Mosul, the second-largest city in the nation. There, they cleansed the city of its Christians, demanding the jiziya or "infidel's tax," their departure, or their lives.The Christians left, marking the first time since shortly after the life of Jesus that Mosul is devoid of Christian residents.

Continue reading at:

Report: Islamic State Sieges Threatening to Eliminate Aramaic, the Language of Jesus
Looks like they're doing a good job emulating Mohammad. Their playbook is the Koran.

According to the Pope, Jesus spoke Latin...

like people in the middle east today, they speak more than one language.
Jesus might have spoke some latin but his first language would have been Aramaic
There is zero proof that Jesus spoke Aramaic. .. :cool:

IF you believe Yeshu lived amongst the Pharasees you MUST accept that he spoke Aramaic.
The vernacular of the Jews at the time was Aramaic.

like people in the middle east today, they speak more than one language.
Jesus might have spoke some latin but his first language would have been Aramaic

IF you believe Yeshu lived amongst the Pharasees you MUST accept that he spoke Aramaic.
So the Torah was originally written in Aramaic not Hebrew?? .. :cool:

You CAN'T be that stupid.
You DO know what "vernacular" means?
Just as English is the vernacular of Jews in the US?

As you ARE that stupid...
The Torah is in Hebrew.
The Prophets are in Hebrew with a verse or two in Aramaic.
The Writings are in Hebrew with a verse or two in Aramaic.
The Mishnah is in Rabbinical Hebrew.
The Talmud is in Aramaic.
Most Poskum are in Aramaic.

The Torah is in Hebrew.
There is no reason to be rude and call me names.

I just ask an honest question. .. :cool:

The Torah is in Hebrew.

You want to exterminate every Jew on earth and I'M being rude? :lol:

The Torah is in Hebrew.

You want to exterminate every Jew on earth and I'M being rude?
Quit lying.......I have never said that. .. :cool:

Forum List

Back