Reported: Trump To Declare COVID-19 A Stafford Act National Emergency

Breaking: Trump to declare COVID-19 a Stafford Act national emergency

President Donald Trump plans to declare a national emergency on Friday over the coronavirus outbreak, invoking the Stafford Act to open the door to more federal aid for states and municipalities, according to two people familiar with the matter. …

An emergency declaration would allow a state to request a 75% federal cost-share for expenses that include emergency workers, medical tests, medical supplies, vaccinations, security for medical facilities, and more, according to a letter Democrats sent the president earlier this week.

Only a few emergency declarations for public health threats have been made since the 1960s, and only two have targeted disease outbreaks, when President Bill Clinton in 2000 declared emergencies in New York and New Jersey in response to the West Nile Virus.

If people wanted the big guns, they are about to get them. This will probably hurt the markets even more, so good idea to do it on a Friday and let the weekend act as a firebreak.
That was 960 US deaths sooner than Obama did in 2009 with his declaration for H1N1. So I guess Trump will be criticized for doing too much, too soon.
Could I please have a link where you are getting this information, since the CDC reports that he first declared a public health emergency when there were 20 cases and no deaths?
Obama’s acting director of health and human services declared H1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009. That was when the United States had only 20 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no deaths.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding request for H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.
PolitiFact - Donald Trump wrong saying Barack Obama did nothing about swine flu
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I put the data up there in the last few pages.

The death rate in South Korea is NOT 3 percent.
I didn't say it was.

Now, stop being a sissy and call it, professor. What will it be?
I don't know BUT here you are on one hand argue South Korea is most accurate while on the other castigation some on for pointing out that the US Number is NO WHERE near the South Korean one.

I didn't say it was.

mortality rate equals................Z
number of deaths equals.........X
number of people getting virus.............Y

Z = X/Y

Z < X/Y from the WHO........which is at 3.4% and is 480% of the actual numbers of South Korea.

Have a nice day

I didn't say it was.

I don't know BUT here you are on one hand argue South Korea is most accurate while on the other castigation some on for pointing out that the US Number is NO WHERE near the South Korean one.
Given they don't know the actual numbers getting the virus they CAN ONLY GUESS the TRUE RATE...........And in many circumstances .......like the WHO they use ONLY REPORTED CASES for the data............NOBODY KNOWS the real numbers there...........

If you look at the Swine Flu........They say BETWEEN 150,000 to 550,000 died from it.........Because they DON'T REALLY KNOW.

IT IS A GUESS AT BEST........

Best data on the planet right now is South Korea..........So I'd say the WHO data BS.

I don't know BUT here you are on one hand argue South Korea is most accurate
False. I am getting tired of correcting your misrepresentations. This is like arguing with a room full of kindergartners.
I'm supposed to go......WHO IS GOD.........They are MY STATIST GOD.............got news for you bro........they have been wrong before on numbers and decisions..

They are Fucking too dang high on those numbers...........That is my opinion.........and I'll take REAL STATISTICS with actual test data ............OVER THEIR GUESSES..........which INFLATE THE MORTALITY RATE.

they have been wrong before on numbers and decisions..
How fucking stupid. You aren't basing your decision on the success rate of scientists, or you would agree with them. Get that childish lie out of here, you fraud.
Baloney........Other scientist are questioning their numbers.............PERIOD......Some say they agree and others say they don't.........

If you can't confirm the actual numbers of people getting the virus they you have the BEST GUESS.........

I'll take the best data versus theirs............Statistics is MATH...........AND THE BEST DATA WINS......for more accurate HYPOTHESIS on the Final Numbers.......and that is SCIENCE BRO.......

S. Korea and those tracking and testing better than others is better data.............

2009 swine flu outbreak was 15 times deadlier: study

Baloney........Other scientist are questioning their numbers...........
Liar. You never a single thing saying that, based on research. Go peddle your idiot lies somewhere else. You clearly know less than nothing about any of this.
Liar..........LOL

This place and these threads are to give an Opinion on issues........I have given mine and you can stand that I QUESTION YOUR DADDY GOVERNMENT.........

I question the data from WHO.............I don't think they have an accurate account of the number of people REALLY GETTING IT........Many will not go to the Doc and just tough it out.........MANY......And those aren't counted............Not to mention the worldwide shortage of test kits...............So there is NO WAY IN HELL they Really KNOW how many really got it.

It's a guess...........and I think they have it WAY TOO HIGH. And you don't like it.......

I DON'T CARE.

I'll go with the country that has BETTER STATISTICS.

This place and these threads are to give an Opinion on issues..
Saying there is any significant pushback from scientists is not an opinion. It is a statement of fact, and it was a lie. You're like a child.

We can do this all day long......................They don't know the exact numbers..........on the other thread it's 7% and only 1% are tested.....................WE don't HAVE A CLUE HOW MANY REALLY GOT IT.

I got news for you..............me and my wife got sick in 2009 and had all the symptoms of Swine Flu........we self treated ourselves...and after a few days were better just like the normal Flu........I'd bet you we had the H1N1 and survived it like many at work did.............some did have it at work......IMAGINE THAT.

Coronavirus_Tips_CNN.jpg

We can do this all day long...
Oh, no doubt. If there is anything that is a fact, it's that you will vomit a steady stream of stupid all day long on any topic.

But in the end, you're just an uneducated right wing slob who is fighting battles to protect dear leader's ego, long after he has admitted he lost.

We can do this all day long...
Oh, no doubt. If there is anything that is a fact, it's that you will vomit a steady stream of stupid all day long on any topic.

But in the end, you're just an uneducated right wing slob who is fighting battles to protect dear leader's ego, long after he has admitted he lost.
Oh Baloney........Your TDS is doing this next video and so is the Freaking Media.

We didn't do this with Obama..............We are only doing it now to compare your crappy ass daily attacks on this virus.........

We will survive the Crisis........Only question will WE SURVIVE YOU.............Your side has a Damned Hard on for crashing our economy right now.............shows .............and is PATHETIC.........

My OPINION STANDS......I don't care if you like it or not.

Someone post a link to those delivering FreeDumb and DemoNcracy who have positive or are under restriction,,,,HMMMMMMMMMMMMM ?

Forum List

Back