Reported: Trump To Declare COVID-19 A Stafford Act National Emergency

Breaking: Trump to declare COVID-19 a Stafford Act national emergency

President Donald Trump plans to declare a national emergency on Friday over the coronavirus outbreak, invoking the Stafford Act to open the door to more federal aid for states and municipalities, according to two people familiar with the matter. …

An emergency declaration would allow a state to request a 75% federal cost-share for expenses that include emergency workers, medical tests, medical supplies, vaccinations, security for medical facilities, and more, according to a letter Democrats sent the president earlier this week.

Only a few emergency declarations for public health threats have been made since the 1960s, and only two have targeted disease outbreaks, when President Bill Clinton in 2000 declared emergencies in New York and New Jersey in response to the West Nile Virus.

If people wanted the big guns, they are about to get them. This will probably hurt the markets even more, so good idea to do it on a Friday and let the weekend act as a firebreak.
That was 960 US deaths sooner than Obama did in 2009 with his declaration for H1N1. So I guess Trump will be criticized for doing too much, too soon.

So, how is the federal money going to be used? Our mentally ill child president , while regurgitating the terrible speech written by his little Nazi, forgot to mention anything about health and infrastructure concerns and plans. This is not surprising, as neither man possesses the basic human trait of empathy.

So, how will the money be used?
Did you bite the heads off of little MAGA hat wearing chickens before or after you posted that?

President Donald Trump plans to declare a national emergency on Friday over the coronavirus outbreak, invoking the Stafford Act to open the door to more federal aid for states and municipalities, according to two people familiar with the matter. …

An emergency declaration would allow a state to request a 75% federal cost-share for expenses that include emergency workers, medical tests, medical supplies, vaccinations, security for medical facilities, and more, according to a letter Democrats sent the president earlier this week.

Only a few emergency declarations for public health threats have been made since the 1960s, and only two have targeted disease outbreaks, when President Bill Clinton in 2000 declared emergencies in New York and New Jersey in response to the West Nile Virus.

If people wanted the big guns, they are about to get them. This will probably hurt the markets even more, so good idea to do it on a Friday and let the weekend act as a firebreak.
That was 960 US deaths sooner than Obama did in 2009 with his declaration for H1N1. So I guess Trump will be criticized for doing too much, too soon.
everyone knows that the timeline of the current pandemic can be accurately compared to the H1N1 pandemic of 2009-10.
no one has the ability to look up the documented facts of the H1N1 pandemic.

ergo: Trump is once again TRIGGERING THE LIBS. therefore WINNING.

Only in the mind of TDS addled morons did he completely "bleeped up" his address Wednesday.
Uh, no. His speech was a disaster and was widely panned by all but the most die-hard Trump supporters.

Panned by everyone in your wibble TDS circle jerk.
Wrong. Step outside the bubble and look around. It was a disaster.

The only person in a bubble is you, you poseur bougie TDS twat waddle.

"hey I hate Trump, Hey his speech sucks, hey anyone who doesn't group think like me is deluding themselves, fuh fuh fuh"

FOAD.

I certainly hope you understand that MOST of us believe that it is the deranged trump supporters who suffer from TDS and engage in "group think"

try to think;

WE are ALL DIFFERENT!

while you trump supporters all agree on every single lunacy trump spouts....

WE are DIFFERENT GROUPS!

you embody "group think"

Well.."most of you" lost. And still dont understand why. Keep dancing on graves baby-killer. And lose again.

The MSM manufactured this one and Trump had no choice but to comply.
Right, because he only cares about Donald Trump. One of his handlers begged him to stop being a moron and appealed to his ego by letting him know that he was fucking up badly and it could cost him in November. So he read his little teleprompter speech written by his little Nazi pet. Oops! That was a disaster, too. So now Trump is forced to listen to experts.
because he only cares about Donald Trump
Repetition does not work on a lot of people, I am one of them. Trump is doing an outstanding job.

Right, because he only cares about Donald Trump. One of his handlers begged him to stop being a moron and appealed to his ego by letting him know that he was fucking up badly and it could cost him in November. So he read his little teleprompter speech written by his little Nazi pet. Oops! That was a disaster, too. So now Trump is forced to listen to experts.
Repetition does not work on a lot of people, I am one of them. Trump is doing an outstanding job.
^hilariously unaware

You are boring me you leftist tool..
Yes, with all my "accurate data" and "conclusions of career experts", I'm sure I am. That is because you live in some freakish cultist Fantasyland where the mentally ill child president is the top expert on all things, and you will defend his idiotic behavior long after he has backpedalled on it.

Here is another fact for you, so you will probably not recognize or remember it:

Roughly 20% of South Koreans who tested positive for covid-19 required hospitalization. It is expected that about 20% to 25% of Americans will be infected.

Now, put down the picture of trump's balls for a minute and pay attention:

If the number is HALF that, and only 10% of those require hospitalization...what do you think is going to happen when 5 million people require hospitalization over a short period?

Not good. The best tactic against that is to slow the spread and test extensively

Again, these are facts.
Your experts at WHO are not reporting what YOU argue is the most accurate source for the number. South Korea. Explain how they are 480 percent higher then them? You may leave his facts out of your quotes but I read his posts too.

Obama never called a National emergency.

He did after 1,000 were dead.

And yet a whole lot of people are just dealing with it on their own..
And a lot of people can't. What is your point? You don't have one.

This virus kills the elderly for the most part
So? Again, it's not just about death count, but also about overwhelming our healthcare infrastructure. You can tap dance around the elephant in the room all day, but it will still be there.
Do you want to say, that our healthcare infrastructure can guarantee etheral life for everyone?

He did after 1,000 were dead.
Read the link it says the last time was Clinton.

And that changes nothing about my position on the mortality rate.
Which, if you were honest, would be: "I don't know". But, somehow, you know 3% is wrong. Okay, do I hear 2%?

1%? Call it right now. What will it be?
The death rate in South Korea is NOT 3 percent. Why are you ignoring the source YOU CLAIM is the most accurate?

Do you want to say, that our healthcare infrastructure can guarantee etheral life for everyone?
No...?
That's why any "healthcare infrastructure" is "overwhelmed" by the definition. It's not a matter of a "decisive victory". It's not a matter of survival. It's a matter of our comfort only.
CoVid-19 can kill 1-3% of our population (likely it will kill much less) . Russians can kill 10-70% of our population.
What threat is more important?

Last edited:
And that changes nothing about my position on the mortality rate.
Which, if you were honest, would be: "I don't know". But, somehow, you know 3% is wrong. Okay, do I hear 2%?

1%? Call it right now. What will it be?
0.7% or less for those not reporting in South Korea....................who have the BEST STATISTICAL EVIDENCE SO FAR.......

The others are only doing the Stats off the data they have..........and not enough are being tested for ACCURACY..........So their Numbers are INFLATED.......

Why da fuck do you want them to push for higher dang numbers............HYPE.......RATINGS.........It's like Hurricane season................And HEARING THIS IS THE WORST HURRICANE IN THE HISTORY OF MAN..........Everytime......

Then they check the Ratings...........hmmmm..........Breaking news.........YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Good Grief..........what a bunch of losers.

^hilariously unaware
This is hilarious.

Could I please have a link where you are getting this information, since the CDC reports that he first declared a public health emergency when there were 20 cases and no deaths?
Obama’s acting director of health and human services declared H1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009. That was when the United States had only 20 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no deaths.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding request for H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.
PolitiFact - Donald Trump wrong saying Barack Obama did nothing about swine flu

Forum List

Back