Reporter: WH Press Secretary Gets Questions From Reporters Before Press Briefing...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Still think you have a free and independent Press? Think again.

A CBS reporter from Arizona reveals that President Obama's press secretary, Jay Carney, receives questions from the press in advance of his daily press briefing. In fact, she says, the reporters often receive the answers in advance of the briefing, too.

According to the reporter, Jay Carney told her this yesterday at the White House:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEexpBWwY-s]Local Reporter: Jay Carney is given Press Briefing Questions in Advance - YouTube[/ame]

"It was a very busy day. We started here shortly after 8 o'clock with a coffee with press secretary Jay Carney inside his office in the West Wing," says the reporter.

"And this was the off-the-record so we were able to ask him all about some of the preparation that he does on a regular basis for talking to the press in his daily press briefings. He showed us a very long list of items that he has to be well versed on every single day.

"And then he also mentioned that a lot of times, unless it's something breaking, the questions that the reporters actually ask -- the correspondents -- they are provided to him in advance. So then he knows what he's going to be answering and sometimes those correspondents and reporters also have those answers printed in front of them, because of course it helps when they're producing their reports for later on. So that was very interesting."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...uestions-reporters-press-briefing_785607.html
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Is this a new thing, or has this been going on for years?
That is the real question.

You have to ask?

That is actually very sad.

Dana Perrino has said on multiple occasions that she had no idea what she was going to be asked before addressing reporters.

And do you think for one second that the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM wouldn't FREAK OUT if they had to give prior notice to a Republican Press Sec?

Sad that you have to ask. But not really surprising because things like this never seem to make it into the 'Public Consciousness'

Wonder why that is........ :dunno:

Last edited:
Didn't Clinton also have this kind of agreement with the press? What makes Democrats so diffrent then republicans that the press gives them this courtesy?

Still think you have a free and independent Press?
No I do not:

establishments-inbreeds.jpg

They do it ALL the time. Every time. Every president does this.

That's how it works in all dictatorships

Every president in modern history has done the same thing at times.

Link?

No, they did not. Any reports of Bush WH staffers sitting down with reporters prior to a briefing? Of course not.
It came out about 6 months ago that the WH would not allow any unauthorized pictures of the president either. Every photo made had to be vetted through them first.
As Edge says, it is SOP for dictators.

Is this a new thing, or has this been going on for years?
That is the real question.

You have to ask?

That is actually very sad.

Dana Perrino has said on multiple occasions that she had no idea what she was going to be asked before addressing reporters.

And do you think for one second that the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM wouldn't FREAK OUT if they had to give prior notice to a Republican Press Sec?

Sad that you have to ask. But not really surprising because things like this never seem to make it into the 'Public Consciousness'

Wonder why that is........ :dunno:

Not really.
There is no question that not since Nixon have we seen a President that has veiled his Presidency in such secrecy. Even worse really, Obama just might be the least transparent President in our country's history. And I would also say that there is no question that they have actively sought to filter/control the media more than any other administration.
But...that doesn't mean that no other Press Secretary has done this...we don't know that for sure.
Although I would not be surprised if it is a first.

Considering how much this administration fucks up everything, it's no surprise Jay Carney would want to be given questions in advance. He needs any edge to prevent looking like an asshole.

Remember when the IRS and NSA scandals were breaking, how badly this moron was bumbling through press briefings?

I wonder if after Obama leaves office there will be a cascade of stories like this, and of people fessing up to how they betrayed their journalistic ideals in order to accommodate this administration.

I wonder if after Obama leaves office there will be a cascade of stories like this, and of people fessing up to how they betrayed their journalistic ideals in order to accommodate this administration.

I think a few will fess up. But not many. I read about a few of em bitchin about Queen Michelle Obama banning Media while traveling to China. What nerve ay? Taxpayers paying for another Vacation, yet she has the nerve to ban Media. So some in the Media are beginning to turn. They're becoming disillusioned. But most will continue being loyal Bootlickers. It's sad.

Last edited:
Maybe the lapdogs will begin to bite? Their Queen refuses to do interviews with em on her Taxpayer-funded vacation in China. Wow, imagine a Republican First Lady expressing such arrogance?

Forum List

Back