Republican Congressman Urges U. S. Generals To Resign In Protest Of Obama

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-DOUG-LAMBORN-large300.jpg

As U.S.-led airstrikes continue Friday near the Syrian border with Iraq, it's hard to imagine what would make the situation worse than the military suddenly losing all its generals.

But that is exactly what Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) told a group of voters he wants to see happen, the Colorado Independent reported.

"A lot of us are talking to the generals behind the scenes, saying, 'Hey, if you disagree with the policy that the White House has given you, let's have a resignation,'" Lamborn said Tuesday, adding that if generals resigned en masse in protest of President Barack Obama's Middle East policy, they would "go out in a blaze of glory."

Since Obama launched military operations against the Islamic State in mid-September, several reports have suggested that he may have a less than perfect relationship with his generals. Several high-ranking military officers and Pentagon officials have publicly voiced their disagreement with Obama's airstrikes-only approach in Syria. Former defense secretary Robert Gates said, "There will be boots on the ground if there's to be any hope of success."

Lamborn, who sits on the House Armed Services Committee, has been an outspoken critic of Obama's military actions and his foreign policy as a whole. "After watching President Obama's rudderless foreign policy for the past five years, I have lost confidence in the president's ability to lead," Lamborn said in a statement earlier this month.

But military generals are unlikely to heed Lamborn's call to resign. When Gen. David Petraeus, then the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, openly criticized the administration's policies there, the White House reacted strongly, and some suggested Petraeus should resign. Petraeus decided against it, saying a resignation would hurt American interests. "Our troopers don't get to quit, and I don't think commanders should contemplate that, again, as any kind of idle action," Petraeus said.

More: GOP Congressman Urges U.S. Generals To Resign In Protest Of Obama s Foreign Policy

I am somewhat speechless after reading this article. Personally, I think Lamborn should be removed from office. Is he really reflecting the feelings of his constituents in Colorado?

"A lot of us are talking to the generals behind the scenes, saying, 'Hey, if you disagree with the policy that the White House has given you, let's have a resignation,'" Lamborn said Tuesday, adding that if generals resigned en masse in protest of President Barack Obama's Middle East policy, they would "go out in a blaze of glory."

Is Colorado really that batshit crazy? Just imagine if all U.S. generals did resign. This is treasonous - whether it legally qualifies as treason or not.

Last edited:
War waged by Bush...bad. By Obama? Why, you're a traitor if you dare question our dear leader!

Your hypocrisy and sheer ignorance is well know and once again, noted for the record.

Historically, does anyone remember a member of Congress ever asking for all military generals to resign in protest of a president?

Dear God, will these crazy Republicans EVER STOP trying to hurt our Nation, ever????? That's NOT ALL Republicans, but some of them are just despicable.

My father and husband served under both Republican Presidents and Democratic Presidents and never, ever, would they dream of doing what this treasonous Representative is calling for....

sheesh, talk about killing our Nation from within...it's spelled R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N, as in that jerk off in the op....imo.

Is Colorado really that fucking crazy? Just imagine if all U.S. generals did resign. This is treasonous - whether it legally qualifies as treason or not.
Colorado is purple....More red than blue though.
I think this guy is off his rocker.
These Generals swore to an Oath to protect and defend the United States and it's people from all enemies foreign and domestic.
To resign in protest is to show the Office of POTUS the utmost in disrespect.
The military brass may have a problem with Obama's policies, but all respect for the Office of POTUS MUST be maintained.

Luckily for us our generals understand what patriotism really means. This representative is nothing more than the slimy underbelly of the wingnut fringe.

Dear God, will these crazy Republicans EVER STOP trying to hurt our Nation, ever????? That's NOT ALL Republicans, but some of them are just despicable.

My father and husband served under both Republican Presidents and Democratic Presidents and never, ever, would they dream of doing what this treasonous Representative is calling for....

sheesh, talk about killing our Nation from within...it's spelled R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N, as in that jerk off in the op....imo.
See what you get when a black president is elected?

Rep Lamborn should douse himself with gasoline and light up in protest of Obama. That'll show him.
That is just as bad as the suggestion made by the Congressman.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
I realize that to you libs, that is a foreign concept
The response should bi in the singular and not plural articulation for proper identification..
It is illogical to assume that one represents all..it is a fallacy and not a true expression of mathematical logic..

Forum List

Back