Republican legislator slams Muhammad Ali

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).

Good for you. You'd give up your life so rich people can get richer. I'm not sure what to think of that, certainly isn't positive.

Well, I thought I might get drafted once, and I'm not sure what I would have done, I certainly wouldn't have gone.
Good. We didn't want people with your attitude. It would have gotten you fragged. True story.

And I didn't want to die for a rich person, so we're all happy, oh, except the people who did die so a rich person could be hundreds of millions of dollars better off. How much did each life in Iraq earn Dick Cheney do you think?

Good for you. You'd give up your life so rich people can get richer. I'm not sure what to think of that, certainly isn't positive.

Well, I thought I might get drafted once, and I'm not sure what I would have done, I certainly wouldn't have gone.
Knowing you wouldn't serve your country isn't something to be proud of. You should be ashamed.

Actually, I would serve my country. I wouldn't serve those using my country, and its military, for their own purposes.

When Halliburton was in charge of the White House, the US armed forces weren't serving the USA. They were serving President Halliburton.

You mean "That's not fighting for my principles......" no, Ali didn't fight for your principles.
Ali didn't fight for anyone or anything, actually. He stayed home. He shirked his duty as an American, an act that he should have been ashamed of for his entire life.

Democrats made Cheney sell off every bit of Halliburton stock before he could even get on the ticket. I remember it well because not long after the sale, Halliburton's stock to a deep nosedive. The democrats were so furious at giving Cheney so much money, they actually tried to stick insider trading to the transaction. Cheney laughed all the way to the bank. But, he no longer had any financial interest in Halliburton.

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).
Interestingly, there was a thread on here recently on John Wayne, and all the RWrs praising him to the hilt for being a 'true American hero.' He dodged the military: he didn't fight for his country or serve his country. This during WWII. Not a conscientious objector, just didn't go. Stayed home.

How is he different from Ali? Oh yeah, he's white.
wayne was exempt at the time because of his age,mid 30's and was classified 3A.....and when he wanted to go was reclassified 1A, he was then threatened with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract with Republic Pictures.....instead they had him tour bases in the South Pacific for a few years....he also applied for the OSS ( Office Of Strategic Services ) which was that days CIA and was accepted....but the acceptance letter went to his estranged wifes home and she never told him about it....thats the story i got....if you have anything different lets hear it...
Wayne skipped the war because of a lawsuit? Do you really think the movie company would have sued him because he wanted to fight for his country? VERY DOUBTFUL. Very. Ali put his career at risk for his conscientious objector status. Lost a great deal of money because of it, far more than Wayne would have lost in a lawsuit. Ali fought for his principles. Wayne had no principles.
he had no principals but yet got his classification changed and applied for the OSS?....which he believed rejected him....and yes Republic would have sued him because waynes movies made millions back then AND he was 35 and as far as many were concerned to old to go.....so they felt he wasnt a 25 year old guy who should go ......and i read that not too many people back then,who all knew about Wayne trying to get in,held anything against him .....hey im just telling you the story i read..
Principles, principles....didn't you go to school?

The principal is your pal. I'll never forget that one. It's like learning the alphabet and your times table.

Last edited:
Ali stood up for what he thought was right and paid a heavy price for it

History has shown Ali was right in his assessment of Vietnam
No, you believe that he was right in his assessment, I believe he shirked his duty as an American. If he didn't want to serve his country when he was called on, he could have moved somewhere else.

Ali stood up for what he thought was right and paid a heavy price for it

History has shown Ali was right in his assessment of Vietnam
No, you believe that he was right in his assessment, I believe he shirked his duty as an American. If he didn't want to serve his country when he was called on, he could have moved somewhere else.

Ali was spot on in his assessment of Vietnam....it was not our war to fight

Those who sent boys to Vietnam were the real traitors

The moment we got involved, it became our problem, and the moment he was called, it was his duty to serve.

The moment we got involved, it became our problem, and the moment he was called, it was his duty to serve.

The US Supreme court unanimously disagreed. The draft board was obligated to consider his objections. Even if he wasn't a Christian

Interestingly, there was a thread on here recently on John Wayne, and all the RWrs praising him to the hilt for being a 'true American hero.' He dodged the military: he didn't fight for his country or serve his country. This during WWII. Not a conscientious objector, just didn't go. Stayed home.

wayne was exempt at the time because of his age,mid 30's and was classified 3A.....and when he wanted to go was reclassified 1A, he was then threatened with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract with Republic Pictures.....instead they had him tour bases in the South Pacific for a few years....he also applied for the OSS ( Office Of Strategic Services ) which was that days CIA and was accepted....but the acceptance letter went to his estranged wifes home and she never told him about it....thats the story i got....if you have anything different lets hear it...
Wayne skipped the war because of a lawsuit? Do you really think the movie company would have sued him because he wanted to fight for his country? VERY DOUBTFUL. Very. Ali put his career at risk for his conscientious objector status. Lost a great deal of money because of it, far more than Wayne would have lost in a lawsuit. Ali fought for his principles. Wayne had no principles.

Clark Gable was 41 and Jimmy Stewart was 34 when they joined up

Both flew combat missions
hey im just telling you the stuff i read about john.....take it up with the biographer....

he had no principals but yet got his classification changed and applied for the OSS?....which he believed rejected him....and yes Republic would have sued him because waynes movies made millions back then AND he was 35 and as far as many were concerned to old to go.....so they felt he wasnt a 25 year old guy who should go ......and i read that not too many people back then,who all knew about Wayne trying to get in,held anything against him .....hey im just telling you the story i read..
Principles, principles....didn't you go to school?

The principal is your pal. I'll never forget that one. It's like learning the alphabet and your times table.
no principal was my pal....

"Tennessee Republican" is practically a synonym for "shitty human being".

http://deadspin.com/whatever-you-sa...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Yep, the truth hurts. I and hundreds of thousand people in the military at the time concur with that Republican legislator.
Since when does anyone with a working brain cell give a rats fuck about republicans and how they think or feel about minorities in this country? If you morons do anything going forward in life, understand, the only people in this country that listens to you fuck heads, give a fuck about you fuck heads are hillbilly racist white fuck heads with lice balls dancing in their rugs, weaves and brains!!! Thanks to Trump, your credit rating is now at 0, your the laughing stock of the planet, all of you

As a white guy, what would I feel privileged to exactly?
Not being stopped for driving or running while black, not being called 'thugs' or 'animals' by your police force with the attendant practises that go with that behaviour, not having informal culling out processes carried out when you apply for health insurance, for example.

Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

Pretty much all the time it seems, don't it? Look, if you're confident, you take the bet. If you're not so sure, don't take the bet. There is no shame in not thinking this small fraction of a man is any match for HRC and the most impressive resume to seek the Presidency in 28 years. Trump and his supporters are pathetic losers who want the world to stay as it was in the 1950's because they are scared of change.

Take the bet, don't take the bet...it's your call of course.

But please stop with the charade that Trump has any chance. If he did...you wouldn't have have such a hard time manning up.

Not falling for it.

Forum List

Back