Republican mantra....Poor people do not suffer enough

Looks like a dream come true for Conservatives

Republicans' cruel intentions

When it comes to compassion, the only question the GOP argues about is precisely how little of it they want to display. With complete control of the federal government, Republicans are being as cruel as they want to be.
Drug testing is something conservatives like Ryan love — not for those getting certain benefits, like, say, the mortgage interest deduction or the tax break for retirement savings. Just the benefits that people down on their luck need

Because you won't truly know how much you've failed until you've been forced to undergo some humiliation along with all your other troubles.

They hate the Affordable Care Act for many reasons, but one of their chief complaints is that it is far too generous to the working poor.

In addition, Ryan is keen to impose work requirements on Medicaid, too, despite the fact that the idea of poor people living high off the hog on their fancy health insurance and not bothering to look for work now that they can go to the doctor is preposterous.

How much do you give to charities? That's where you help your fellow man, not through government programs.

Bullshit

Individual donations to charity is a drop in the bucket. We the People provide housing, health insurance, food, education to tens of millions
Individual charities cannot handle it

DO YOU DONATE TO CHARITIES?
More

I help old ladies to cross the street. I rescue kittens from trees.

Looks like a dream come true for Conservatives

Republicans' cruel intentions

When it comes to compassion, the only question the GOP argues about is precisely how little of it they want to display. With complete control of the federal government, Republicans are being as cruel as they want to be.
Drug testing is something conservatives like Ryan love — not for those getting certain benefits, like, say, the mortgage interest deduction or the tax break for retirement savings. Just the benefits that people down on their luck need

Because you won't truly know how much you've failed until you've been forced to undergo some humiliation along with all your other troubles.

They hate the Affordable Care Act for many reasons, but one of their chief complaints is that it is far too generous to the working poor.

In addition, Ryan is keen to impose work requirements on Medicaid, too, despite the fact that the idea of poor people living high off the hog on their fancy health insurance and not bothering to look for work now that they can go to the doctor is preposterous.

How much do you give to charities? That's where you help your fellow man, not through government programs.

Bullshit

Individual donations to charity is a drop in the bucket. We the People provide housing, health insurance, food, education to tens of millions
Individual charities cannot handle it

More

I help old ladies to cross the street. I rescue kittens from trees.

where in the constitution does it say the government is responsible for providing food, clothing and shelter for the citizens? I'll give you a hint, NO WHERE!!!!

When angry lefties resort to cheap cliches that were tired fifty years ago you can tell they are out of ideas. The funny thing is that democrats think this cheap propaganda actually works. No wonder democrats have lost over 2,000 elections and most of the state governments and the majority in both houses of congress and the Presidency. Soon they will sink into oblivion still thinking that cheap cliches are the way to win elections.

More I help old ladies to cross the street. I rescue kittens from trees.
Ever notice how snarky and defensive wrongwinger gets whenever anyone challenges him on his charitable donations? His sarcastic response speaks volumes every time.

It is true

There is more than just making cash donations. I am a beloved member of my community. Helping children who have skinned their knees. Returning lost library books. Giving up my seat on a bus

Ever notice how snarky and defensive wrongwinger gets whenever anyone challenges him on his charitable donations? His sarcastic response speaks volumes every time.

Yeah, he hasn't a charitable bone in his body, unless it's on the government's dime.

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

No paved roads, rum used as anesthetic and no American settlement west of the Mississippi..
what??? The original Constitution requires rum used as an anesthetic????? No paved roads???????

See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?
The point, missed by you with spectacular Conservative consistency, is without context, the strict adherence to the constitution must rely on conditions in 1789. The founding fathers, with all their genius for compromise, wrote the constitution in an era where the concepts of electricity, corporations, and even the State of Oregon were incomprehensible.

We would be saddled with a state incapable of working effectively if proceeding geniuses had not interpreted the constitution as the flexible, adaptable document it truly is.

Yeah, he hasn't a charitable bone in his body, unless it's on the government's dime.

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

Hear what? What about me? Do I give up my seat? Rescue cats? What?

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

Show us the money

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

Show us the money

I do all the things you say you do, volunteer at my kids schools, give between $2000 - 5000 annually to various charities (goodwill, salvation army, etc) and $500 a year to Catholic charities.

I believe in giving a hand up, not hand outs. Most of the people you see on the side of the road are bums, they are looking for handouts. Offer the ones with signs that say, "will work for food" a job, and they decline.

Now how about, you? Show us the money.

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

Show us the money

I do all the things you say you do, volunteer at my kids schools, give between $2000 - 5000 annually to various charities (goodwill, salvation army, etc) and $500 a year to Catholic charities.

I believe in giving a hand up, not hand outs. Most of the people you see on the side of the road are bums, they are looking for handouts. Offer the ones with signs that say, "will work for food" a job, and they decline.

That's it?

I give $5001 to charity and $501 to the Human Fund
I saw a guy on the side of the road with a "will work for food" sign and he paved my driveway for a cheeseburger

humanfund-blue-icon.png

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

Show us the money

That's it?

I saw a guy on the side of the road with a "will work for food" sign and he paved my driveway for a cheeseburger

humanfund-blue-icon.png
yeah, right!

How bout you LTC?

Lets hear

Show us the money

That's it?

humanfund-blue-icon.png
yeah, right!

Damn......Can't sneak one by you
I can see how you made O-5

We would be saddled with a state incapable of working effectively if proceeding geniuses had not interpreted the constitution as the flexible, adaptable document it truly is.
as a liberal you can't possibly have the IQ to understand the issue conceptually. So why not give the best single example of where this flexibility and adaptability was required.

as a liberal you can't possibly have the IQ to understand the issue conceptually. So why not give the best single example of where this flexibility and adaptability was required.
Westward expansition for one. The Louisiana Purchase was extra-constitutional. The continental railroad had massive support from the federal government, and that support went to private companies.

The coal strike during Theodore Roosevelt's administration was settled by an extra-constitutional threat. The Social Security Act of 1934 established a modicum of security for the elderly. The Medicare Act of 1967 brought healthcare to the poor.

All these things and many more helped ensure domestic tranquility, helped perfect the union, and increased the general welfare of the nation.

As for your little attempt at wit which fell out of your fingertips as an ad hominem slur. Let me ask; is this low brow behavior a prerequisite to adopt a Comservative philosophy? I am witty and therefore overqualified to be a low brow Conservative.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back