Republican Pac Uses Senate Shooting for political gain commercial in Georgia Run

A bridge too far or appropriate?

is it factual?

That is a matter of interpretation. I have not heard nor seen a single person celebrate the shooting so from my limited perspective I would have to say no, it is not accurate.

well there was something this morning about dems and scalise not being able to defend himself.

One thing I'd point out was that not one dem condemned Kathy Griffin or the Shakespeare assassination play in the park,

I heard many many dems speak out against Griffin... The Shakespeare play isn't an anti-trump play, it is a modern political interpretation of Julius Caesar which they've used Obama as the main subject. It also doesn't glorify that assassination of the leader but rather sends the opposite message. Educate yourself before you simply react to things or parrot spun news reports.

sure it does, it is trump and to not condemn the enactment of an assassination of a sitting president by members of congress is despicable.

youtube doesn't load at work... so no idea.

I posted about this yesterday --- basically they're saying Jon Osoff represents baseball snipers and if you vote for him that's what you get.

Again, like the babyman poster, climbing on the backs of victims so they can score their own POINTS.

in other words, it's delusional rightwingnut BS.

should have figured given the o/p...

thanks

The fact that I posted it has no baring on the content of the ad. I thought it was worthy of discussion and made no judgment on the content.
Your emotional judgment is noted.

This is a disgusting ad. Republicans must really be worried about the House seat to use this garbage.

People have to get used to the new normal for conservatives, there is no bottom of the barrel. They say and do anything to win. They fed like hyenas on the bodies of the four dead at Ben Gassy for four years, no one should be surprised they now sip the blood of the gunshot wounds of their own political people.

Even Dracula looks at conservatives today and says "holly shit, I don't want anything to do with those ghouls".

I didn't see a single one of 'em post a single word about how Steve Scalise was doing. They left it to me to do that.

Yeah that's it they don't care how he's doing, all he's worth to them is to be used as mud to throw at someone.

It's feral.

is it factual?

That is a matter of interpretation. I have not heard nor seen a single person celebrate the shooting so from my limited perspective I would have to say no, it is not accurate.

well there was something this morning about dems and scalise not being able to defend himself.

One thing I'd point out was that not one dem condemned Kathy Griffin or the Shakespeare assassination play in the park,

I heard many many dems speak out against Griffin... The Shakespeare play isn't an anti-trump play, it is a modern political interpretation of Julius Caesar which they've used Obama as the main subject. It also doesn't glorify that assassination of the leader but rather sends the opposite message. Educate yourself before you simply react to things or parrot spun news reports.

sure it does, it is trump and to not condemn the enactment of an assassination of a sitting president by members of congress is despicable.

It is a shakespearian play that has been performed for centuries... same story line. No special changes were made to target Trump. They did the same thing years ago with Obama as the leader. The underlying message is not promoting the overthrow and assassination but rather warning against it.

What do you not understand?

This is a disgusting ad. Republicans must really be worried about the House seat to use this garbage.

As noted yesterday I think this easily tops the push-poll question "would you be less likely to vote for John McCain if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This one sets a new bar. It took a while because they had to dig a trench to get it that low.

What a farce. I did not see any posts by you denouncing the exact same crap that happens after almost every single major shooting when the left uses it to score points. This is different because...

Really, Dark nailed it on the head:
Strange, didn't a Democrat PAC run a few ads against Mitt Romney about his murdering people? I think it was a workers wife or something like that?

That seemed pretty low to me, using a man's tragedy for political gain. I think I've seen some Sandy Hook political ads about how Republicans want to make our schools less safe. That seemed pretty low to Me. We could all probably go on and on and on...

The question boils down to this. Until the heated rhetoric and hatred stop, this all ends up being fair game and no one side is lower than the other for using the tactic.

Honestly, I'd like to see all the big names on the Democrat side come out with a major campaign telling the snowflakes to reign it in and knock it off. Until that happens, more and more of this is going to happen.

And this was utterly ignored. It is because it is incontinent to the partisan rhetoric.

What a farce. I did not see any posts by you denouncing the exact same crap that happens after almost every single major shooting when the left uses it to score points.

Ever seen one that uses the flaming Composition Fallacy this one did?

I'd like to see it.

What a farce. I did not see any posts by you denouncing the exact same crap that happens after almost every single major shooting when the left uses it to score points. This is different because...

Strange, didn't a Democrat PAC run a few ads against Mitt Romney about his murdering people? I think it was a workers wife or something like that?

That seemed pretty low to me, using a man's tragedy for political gain. I think I've seen some Sandy Hook political ads about how Republicans want to make our schools less safe. That seemed pretty low to Me. We could all probably go on and on and on...

The question boils down to this. Until the heated rhetoric and hatred stop, this all ends up being fair game and no one side is lower than the other for using the tactic.

Honestly, I'd like to see all the big names on the Democrat side come out with a major campaign telling the snowflakes to reign it in and knock it off. Until that happens, more and more of this is going to happen.

And this was utterly ignored. It is because it is incontinent to the partisan rhetoric.
Are you really trying to make the point that "if the Left does it then its OK for us do it"? Integrity and personal responsibility is now out the door?

Personally I really hate it when the partisan rhetoric becomes incontinent, SO much changing of diapers and mopping of floors involved. :p

How Low can you get, Damn..

Hypocrites use violence to condemn violence

"Now the unhinged left is endorsing and applauding shooting Republicans. When will it stop?" the ad states. "It won't if Jon Ossoff wins on Tuesday, because the same unhinged leftists cheering last week's shooting are all backing Jon Ossoff. And if he wins, they win."

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before. Rahm Emanuel
Read more at: Rahm Emanuel Quotes

:2up:

Taking the democrats words to heart! Don't want your violent actions used against you then don't be violent!

Let's call it what it really is.. A mental health crisis which continues to be cut by the republicans..

Liberalism is a mental illness with no known cure. :)

Personally I really hate it when the partisan rhetoric becomes incontinent, SO much changing of diapers and mopping of floors involved. :p

:rofl: I know, right? Just think what the housekeeping staff at the Ritz Carlton Moscow had to go through.

Well yes, these political people use tragedies for political gain, which is not ok I agree ...
I seem to recall getting slammed for hating on Cheney, and the same people were horrible to Obama and are now wanting respect and kindness for Trump.. crazy how that happens.
Look around you. This is a place for slamming the other side. You'll find very little with regard to the discussion of right and wrong.

The right had an outrage whenever they perceived the left to politicize something.

Posters on here applauded Greg Gianforte. Trump made his infamous Fifth Avenue remarks and used a gun gesture.

The right can get off their high horse, if you ask me.

Are you really trying to make the point that "if the Left does it then its OK for us do it"? Integrity and personal responsibility is now out the door?
I think that he is making the point that no one is willing to put themselves at a political disadvantage any longer by adhering to a morality that is utterly ignored by the other side. I couch the reply this way because when the tables shift, as they always do, then it will be the same people justifying it when their side does it. One side will NOT stop doing it until both sides start criticizing themselves for its happening.

It is no longer a "two wrongs make a right' sentiment.

The right had an outrage whenever they perceived the left to politicize something.

Posters on here applauded Greg Gianforte. Trump made his infamous Fifth Avenue remarks and used a gun gesture.

The right can get off their high horse, if you ask me.
You can get off of yours as well.

youtube doesn't load at work... so no idea.

I posted about this yesterday --- basically they're saying Jon Osoff represents baseball snipers and if you vote for him that's what you get.

Again, like the babyman poster, climbing on the backs of victims so they can score their own POINTS.

I will remember this angle for the next time someone on the right shoots and kills an abortionist and any of you leftardz try to use that shooting for political gain or to further YOUR agenda.

Forum List

Back