Republican Politicians Banned From Labor Day Parade In Wisconsin

I would be OK with it IF the unions were paying the bill. Since they are getting government support, the government gets to decide who gets to be there. Get it?

You are correct Ernie, we had this same problem with a KKK group in Georgia. If there is government funding involved, no group can be excluded. The Supreme Court Decision was based on a private group paying the tab. Now if it is indeed a private event, anyone can be excluded. The New York St. Patty's Day Parade is sponsored by a private group, it appears the one in Wisconsin is not.

Our parade was cancelled, two local community groups have sponsored it since, thus being able to limit participation.

Where the heck is the ACLU on this?? Shouldn't they be defending the GOPs right to participate???

From the OP:

The Marathon County Central Labor Council, which sponsors the parade, includes some 30 local unions.

Yet, it is not just private funding:

mayor of Wausau reportedly is threatening to withhold city funding for the parade as long as the GOP boycott remains in place,

What does it matter that he bought a Masserati? DO you have an issue withthe employees of Maserrati? DO you want them to go out of business?

Because what he did to us was WRONG and it also turned out, illegal. Did I get my back pay? No, I did not. His illegal actions allowed him an income to buy such a lavish car. THAT'S why I mentioned it. You know, it's really easy to tell people "don't like it, go get another job!", but in this environment with 5 people clawing for each job that will only pay about $10 an hour anyway, that's not usually an option for most. Many feel like they're stuck or trapped.

Last edited:
Much like Santorum and the "Gay Jihad" against him... You fuckers think that you aren't accountable for your actions... You continually go on tirade after tirade how labor isn't important and are inconsequential, Wisconsin goes and puts the hammer down on Labor in their State... then you have the fucking GALL to be offended when you aren't invited to a LABOR Day parade?

People need to be invited to a public event? Who knew? When did that law come in?

Interesting take you have (and I mean you as an individual - not some hysterical generic "you fuckers") on the whole freedom thing.

Yeah. I know... stripping worker's bargaining rights away is completely about "freedom". I guess freedom is only for the wealthy.... which is SOP Conservatism 101.

Their presence is simply going to spoil the facking event so its best that they stay away.

I now understand your motivation for joining the Army.... it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with defending the Constitution.

Idiot.

Use your brain and have some common sense, if most of the people are going to boo and jeer them why should they show up? they can hold their own event, who's stopping them?

yeah... really... why would they even WANT to show up? They hate labor and the working class anyway.

The decline in the standard of living?

Yes. Wages are stagnant and in many cases in decline. Cost of living is going up tenfold. How could that not cause a decline in the standard of living?

What does it matter that he bought a Masserati? DO you have an issue withthe employees of Maserrati? DO you want them to go out of business?

Because what he did to us was WRONG and it also turned out, illegal. Did I get my back pay? No, I did not. His illegal actions allowed him an income to buy such a lavish car. THAT'S why I mentioned it. You know, it's really easy to tell people "don't like it, go get another job!", but in this environment with 5 people clawing for each job that will only pay about $10 an hour anyway, that's not usually an option for most. Many feel like they're stuck or trapped.

if you are an exempt employee earning a salary, you do not get paid for overtime.
And as for 5 per 1 job...that is RIGHT NOW.....not the norm...I am talking about the norm...RIGHT NOW ONLY A FOOL WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT A JOB...

I had an employee years ago...he was sure he can do better...he was sure he could make more money if he left my company...

And you know something....so was I...I was sure he could as well...and I knew one thing....if he stayed with me, he would likely lose his job becuase he was starting to get anb attitude...

SO what did I do? Me, the evil greedy business owner that owns three INfinitis?

I sat him down and wrote him a business plan and lent him the money to start up and compete with me.

So you see, there is nothing wrong with wanting to do better.,...And having to leave to do so...

Final word....

Lets just say I was an exec of a 100 person company.

I made 500K a year after all expenses....

But now I want to be "fair" and start paying my people more money.

Where does the money come from?

Me...right?

OK...so lets say I give eveyone a 1000 increase......100 empoloyees...

Now I am only making 400K

But that 1000 increase....for the 40K receptionist is peanuts.....so I really shoudl give her more like a 2K increase

times 100 employees....200K

Now I am making only 300K.

Is 300K enough to cover the headaches, time away from family, law suits, collecting money from clients, anxiety...worrying about 100 employees?

lol...and all I did was give a mere 8% increase to my employees....and I am STILL not deemed as a fair empoloyer.

Yes. Wages are stagnant and in many cases in decline. Cost of living is going up tenfold. How could that not cause a decline in the standard of living?

lol.

Now you are off the deep end.

Cost of living is going up but so have the "needs" of the people.

Cable costs 200 a month....so dont get cable....there is a savings of 2400 a year.
I can go on....but it is not worth it.

You claim to know all, but all you do is reguirgitate talking points.

lol.

Cable costs 200 a month....so dont get cable....there is a savings of 2400 a year.

OK... Don't take this personally jarhead... but...

What? Only wealthy people deserve Cable? I guess if it keeps up the way it's been going... only wealthy people will deserve to heat their homes in the winter too.

Here's a heart warming story about how our friends on the left are eager to practice what they preach about peace, love & brotherhood!
WASHINGTON -- A group of Wisconsin union officials has voted to ban Republican politicians from a local Labor Day parade, underscoring how partisan the state has become in the wake of this year's clashes over collective bargaining rights.

The Marathon County Central Labor Council, which sponsors the parade, includes some 30 local unions.

Council President Randy Radtke said in a statement on the group's website that politicians are only welcome at the festivities if they have demonstrated support for workers' rights.

link

I hope their GOP Congressmen and the Governor show up. I'd love to see them try to keep citizens away from a public event. The law suits will be fun to watch, and God forbid it gets violent.

No kidding, where do these unions think they live, Soviet Russia??

this is a spotlight on the true mind set the left !!it is just a small example of the oppression the hypocritical left would like to impose on a national level to people that disagree with their ideology !!

While I disagree with the union's decisions, Yidnar, I do realize that you are describing yourself above as well.

I now understand your motivation for joining the Army.... it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with defending the Constitution.

Idiot.

Use your brain and have some common sense, if most of the people are going to boo and jeer them why should they show up? they can hold their own event, who's stopping them?

yeah... really... why would they even WANT to show up? They hate labor and the working class anyway.

Hey, there are going to be a lot of votes there that day... what does any politician want when he goes out in public, name recognition and votes. If they shake hands and kiss a few babies they can smooth a lot of this over.

Immie

CaféAuLait;4073311 said:
You are correct Ernie, we had this same problem with a KKK group in Georgia. If there is government funding involved, no group can be excluded. The Supreme Court Decision was based on a private group paying the tab. Now if it is indeed a private event, anyone can be excluded. The New York St. Patty's Day Parade is sponsored by a private group, it appears the one in Wisconsin is not.

Our parade was cancelled, two local community groups have sponsored it since, thus being able to limit participation.

Where the heck is the ACLU on this?? Shouldn't they be defending the GOPs right to participate???

From the OP:

mayor of Wausau reportedly is threatening to withhold city funding for the parade as long as the GOP boycott remains in place,

True...

The City is a co-sponsor of the Labor Day parade event, because we provided the payment for the insurance premium for the event, and we agreed to erect a stage and provide city services at no cost to the Marathon County Central Labor Council.

The banning of a political party from participation at any event co-sponsored by the City is against public policy and not in the best interest of all the citizens of the City of Wausau. And therefore, we encourage the event organizer to invite all interested parties, or reimburse the city for other costs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux-raObdqbU]Wausau Mayor: Labor Day Organizers Should Include Republicans - YouTube[/ame]

h/t...

Wausau mayor to unions: Pay up if you ban Republicans from Labor Day parade « Hot Air

lol.

OK... Don't take this personally jarhead... but...

What? Only wealthy people deserve Cable? I guess if it keeps up the way it's been going... only wealthy people will deserve to heat their homes in the winter too.
So, cable is required to help one survive?

Seriously, do you ever think before you post....'cause that's about the dumbest comparison one could make.:cuckoo:

In the shoes of the unions, I'd pull all my own funding and have one wingding of a party in the park.

The city can bear the full cost of the parade.

CaféAuLait;4073311 said:
From the OP:

True...

The City is a co-sponsor of the Labor Day parade event, because we provided the payment for the insurance premium for the event, and we agreed to erect a stage and provide city services at no cost to the Marathon County Central Labor Council.

The banning of a political party from participation at any event co-sponsored by the City is against public policy and not in the best interest of all the citizens of the City of Wausau. And therefore, we encourage the event organizer to invite all interested parties, or reimburse the city for other costs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux-raObdqbU]Wausau Mayor: Labor Day Organizers Should Include Republicans - YouTube[/ame]

h/t...

Wausau mayor to unions: Pay up if you ban Republicans from Labor Day parade « Hot Air

And a great big ol' :fu: to the unions!

Here's a heart warming story about how our friends on the left are eager to practice what they preach about peace, love & brotherhood!
WASHINGTON -- A group of Wisconsin union officials has voted to ban Republican politicians from a local Labor Day parade, underscoring how partisan the state has become in the wake of this year's clashes over collective bargaining rights.

Council President Randy Radtke said in a statement on the group's website that politicians are only welcome at the festivities if they have demonstrated support for workers' rights.

link

Seems reasonable to me. Jews don't invite Nazis to break bread after the Yom Kippur fast; blacks and catholics don't invite the KKK to supper, and Yankee and Red Sox fans don't picnic together on Independence Day.

In the shoes of the unions, I'd pull all my own funding and have one wingding of a party in the park.

The city can bear the full cost of the parade.
That's fine....The Repub's can still go to the park also. It's public, and the Unions will have to pay a fee for the use, thereby supplementing the cost of the parade.........I like the idea.....Only the unions pay, and the Repub's can still show up to both!

BdBoop!.....Who knew she would be coming up with ideas on behalf of those honorable repulicans?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back