Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

That has nothing to do with Iran. Which sanctions against Iran did China or Russia not abide by?

Why don't you google it and find out for yourself? There is a LOT of information. I'm tired of providing you with information that you just ignore.

You seem to be in denial and clueless.
No worries. I figured you were full of shit anyways.

The information is readily available on google. Sorry if you don't know how to find information on your own.
the burden of proof lies on those making the claim.

Why bother if they ignore it?

Maybe you want to learn. Here you go.

Let me google that for you
I have no interest in whatever argument or issues you have with each other, nor do I have any worthwhile opinion in it. no need to give me anything.

Why don't you google it and find out for yourself? There is a LOT of information. I'm tired of providing you with information that you just ignore.

You seem to be in denial and clueless.

The information is readily available on google. Sorry if you don't know how to find information on your own.

I have no interest in whatever argument or issues you have with each other, nor do I have any worthwhile opinion in it. no need to give me anything.

Well then why did you involve yourself?

devil's advocate. making a side comment, etc.

Oh, devil's advocate, huh? :lol: Okay . . .

Why is this such a common occurrence on these forums? A laugh at someone's post with no real content added to the discussion. What's the point in you even posting?

Why is this such a common occurrence on these forums? A laugh at someone's post with no real content added to the discussion. What's the point in you even posting?

I have added to the discussion. Don't know what you're talking about. I was just acknowledging your off topic comment and unwillingness to participate in the discussion.

I have added to the discussion. Don't know what you're talking about. I was just acknowledging your off topic comment and unwillingness to participate in the discussion.
What have you added to the discussion? A shit post. Spam. Literally nothing. Playing devils advocate is not an unwillingness to participate in the discussion, I am unwilling to participate in whatever past feuds you seem to have with each other. As if a smiley and 'Okay..' isn't off-topic lmfao

Playing devils advocate is not an unwillingness to participate in the discussion, I am unwilling to participate in whatever past feuds you seem to have with each other. As if a smiley and 'Okay..' isn't off-topic lmfao

I'm not having a "feud." Don't know what your issue is. If you want to participate, then you can look at google. It proves what I said that China stands in the way of sanctions. NOW, do you have something to add?

sanctions kill innocent people who have no say Chris, while the gvt officials bask in luxury....and continue to pursue their nuke goals.

Sanctions were a success in Iraq, eh?

Saddam and his fuel for food scam just made him richer...
Sanctions don't work when the players cheat the system. Russia, China, and others trade with these countries we have sanctions against making our sanctions worthless. That leaves us with no alternative but war.

Yes, I do think it is STILL the better, and smarter OPTION.

No it is not. Tougher sanctions are the smarter option. When the people have to choose between food and nuclear energy, they will choose food.
The flaw in that logic is that it's not a choice the people get to make.

Sanctions don't work.

Despite the full force of sanctions, Iran was still enriching Uranium.
Then we need to blow them up.

Obama says we do not have the military means to "blow them up".

I saw it on CNN, and Wuff don't allow no lies.
We have the MOAB, which can level a capital city into a parking lot.

sanctions kill innocent people who have no say Chris, while the gvt officials bask in luxury....and continue to pursue their nuke goals.

Sanctions don't work when the players cheat the system. Russia, China, and others trade with these countries we have sanctions against making our sanctions worthless. That leaves us with no alternative but war.

I agree with your first sentence, but not the second. I think we could impose very tough sanctions and that we have leverage against China or whomever who violates those agreements.

War should always be the absolute LAST alternative, IMO.

Can we just return to the forum discussion? Which is Chris making up bullshit and then expecting others to hunt for answers with her Google search ... which actually proved you wrong. In case you forgot already, I asked you how did Russia and China interfere with sanctions which allowed Iran to begin enriching Uranium .... and you took me to a link about how China went against the sanctions after Iran had already begun enriching Uranium.

Yes, I do think it is STILL the better, and smarter OPTION.

No it is not. Tougher sanctions are the smarter option. When the people have to choose between food and nuclear energy, they will choose food.
The flaw in that logic is that it's not a choice the people get to make.

Sanctions don't work.

Despite the full force of sanctions, Iran was still enriching Uranium.
Then we need to blow them up.

Obama says we do not have the military means to "blow them up".

I saw it on CNN, and Wuff don't allow no lies.
We have the MOAB, which can level a capital city into a parking lot.
Hence, why Iran is desperately seeking a MOAB of their own. :ack-1:

Can we just return to the forum discussion? Which is Chris making up bullshit and then expecting others to hunt for answers with her Google search ... which actually proved you wrong. In case you forgot already, I asked you how did Russia and China interfere with sanctions which allowed Iran to begin enriching Uranium .... and you took me to a link about how China went against the sanctions after Iran had already begun enriching Uranium.

Look at my google link. There are MANY articles to choose from. China and others interfere with sanctions and, of course, that makes them pretty much ineffective. IF we could get them to cooperate, then sanctions would be much more effective. Do you deny this?

Here's a good one . . .

Getting China to Sanction Iran Foreign Affairs

Excerpt:

For more than three decades, the United States has tried to persuade the international community to counter the threat posed by Iran's Islamic regime. The results have often been underwhelming, with even Washington's closest allies resisting tough measures against Iran because of strategic considerations and commercial interests.

Recently, however, that landscape has changed. Last June, the United Nations Security Council penalized Tehran for failing to suspend its uranium-enrichment program by adopting strict new sanctions, including an arms embargo and tough restrictions on Iranian banks and the Revolutionary Guard Corps. Resolution 1929 also paved the way for individual states to adopt even more stringent penalties. Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, South Korea, and the European Union implemented unprecedented curbs on investment in Iran. The U.S. Congress passed new sanctions against any company selling gasoline to Iran or investing in Iran's refining capacity. Collectively, these measures have squeezed Iran's economy.

Yet one uncertainty still looms large: China's commitment to such policies. Driven by economic interests, as well as sympathy for Iran's grievances, China is the only major player still active in the Iranian oil patch. Whereas firms from most other countries have retreated due to international pressure and Iran's unfavorable business climate, China and its companies adhere only to the letter of Resolution 1929, which contains no explicit restrictions on energy investment or trade. China has thus emerged as the linchpin of the international sanctions regime against Iran and, by extension, of the effort to forestall Iran from acquiring a nuclear capability.

Look at my google link. There are MANY articles to choose from. China and others interfere with sanctions and, of course, that makes them pretty much ineffective. IF we could get them to cooperate, then sanctions would be much more effective. Do you deny this?
Which is exactly the reason why chasing someone's Google searches is a waste of time. How many articles do you expect others to hunt through when you're inacapable of making a point? If you can prove your assertion, do so. So far, all you've done is corroborate my position.

And please explain to me why it is in America's best interest to send our children, father's brother's and sisters etc to DIE in this War of yours that you deem as necessary?

And what is the end result that you see happening in this war of mere choice of yours? Will the entire middle east magically become a land of milk and honey, with world peace and love abound after this war of yours?

Or will this lead to the continuation of perpetual war?

Which is exactly the reason why chasing someone's Google searches is a waste of time. How many articles do you expect others to hunt through when you're inacapable of making a point? If you can prove your assertion, do so. So far, all you've done is corroborate my position.

You see? Now I just posted you a link. You refuse to acknowledge it, so why should I bother? You are obviously not capable of figuring things out on your own. That's your problem if you just want to abide by whatever your government decides, right or wrong, because of your own partisanship.

If you were to search, you could find PLENTY of information about how other countries have not cooperated with our sanctions. This, in turn, makes them ineffective. There are things we can use to our advantage to persuade them to join in on tough sanctions. MONEY talks. :D

Here's a good one . . .

Getting China to Sanction Iran Foreign Affairs

Excerpt:

For more than three decades, the United States has tried to persuade the international community to counter the threat posed by Iran's Islamic regime. The results have often been underwhelming, with even Washington's closest allies resisting tough measures against Iran because of strategic considerations and commercial interests.

Recently, however, that landscape has changed. Last June, the United Nations Security Council penalized Tehran for failing to suspend its uranium-enrichment program by adopting strict new sanctions, including an arms embargo and tough restrictions on Iranian banks and the Revolutionary Guard Corps. Resolution 1929 also paved the way for individual states to adopt even more stringent penalties. Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, South Korea, and the European Union implemented unprecedented curbs on investment in Iran. The U.S. Congress passed new sanctions against any company selling gasoline to Iran or investing in Iran's refining capacity. Collectively, these measures have squeezed Iran's economy.

Yet one uncertainty still looms large: China's commitment to such policies. Driven by economic interests, as well as sympathy for Iran's grievances, China is the only major player still active in the Iranian oil patch. Whereas firms from most other countries have retreated due to international pressure and Iran's unfavorable business climate, China and its companies adhere only to the letter of Resolution 1929, which contains no explicit restrictions on energy investment or trade. China has thus emerged as the linchpin of the international sanctions regime against Iran and, by extension, of the effort to forestall Iran from acquiring a nuclear capability.
Again, proving my point. When was UN resolution adopted? When did Iran start enriching Uranium?

You see? Now I just posted you a link. You refuse to acknowledge it, so why should I bother? You are obviously not capable of figuring things out on your own. That's your problem if you just want to abide by whatever your government decides, right or wrong, because of your own partisanship.

If you were to search, you could find PLENTY of information about how other countries have not cooperated with our sanctions. This, in turn, makes them ineffective. There are things we can use to our advantage to persuade them to join in on tough sanctions. MONEY talks. :D
Wrong again. I actually addressed it.

Forum List

Back