Republicans Are Again Sprinting Toward An Economic Cliff...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG the sky is falling and it’s Trumps fault!!!

Umm yeah pretty much. Look around.

I am looking around. I see increasing prosperity, consumer confidence, booming business, and crying Democrats. Life is fucking fantastic.

The words you're looking for are: "Thanks, Obama".

Thank you Donald Trump!

The stock market: All-time high.
Job openings: All-time high. Unemployment rate: Lowest in 11 years!
Consumer confidence: 17-year high. New home sales: 10-year high.
New home average price: All-time high. Federal manufacturing: 24-year high. That is the Trump economy."

MAGA!

Trump had nothing to do with any of that.

Showing your partisan stupidity. He has everything to do with it.

...just like they did in 1929. Well, anyway as a Depression Era historian draws a very convincing parallel.

"I’m a Depression historian. The GOP tax bill is straight out of 1929.

“There are two ideas of government,” William Jennings Bryan declared in his 1896 “Cross of Gold” speech. “There are those who believe that if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests upon them.”

That was more than three decades before the collapse of the economy in 1929. The crash followed a decade of Republican control of the federal government during which trickle-down policies, including massive tax cuts for the rich, produced the greatest concentration of income in the accounts of the richest 0.01 percent at any time between World War I and 2007 (when trickle-down economics, tax cuts for the hyper-rich, and deregulation again resulted in another economic collapse).

Yet the plain fact that the trickle-down approach has never worked leaves Republicans unfazed. The GOP has been singing from the Market-is-God hymnal for well over a century, telling us that deregulation, tax cuts for the rich, and the concentration of ever more wealth in the bloated accounts of the richest people will result in prosperity for the rest of us. The party is now trying to pass a scam that throws a few crumbs to the middle class (temporarily — millions of middle-class Americans will soon see a tax hike if the bill is enacted) while heaping benefits on the super-rich, multiplying the national debt and endangering the American economy."

MORE:
~~ Perspective | I’m a Depression historian. The GOP tax bill is straight out of 1929. ~~
ALL of Americas economic downfalls have been because of republican policies.

...just like they did in 1929. Well, anyway as a Depression Era historian draws a very convincing parallel.

"I’m a Depression historian. The GOP tax bill is straight out of 1929.

“There are two ideas of government,” William Jennings Bryan declared in his 1896 “Cross of Gold” speech. “There are those who believe that if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests upon them.”

That was more than three decades before the collapse of the economy in 1929. The crash followed a decade of Republican control of the federal government during which trickle-down policies, including massive tax cuts for the rich, produced the greatest concentration of income in the accounts of the richest 0.01 percent at any time between World War I and 2007 (when trickle-down economics, tax cuts for the hyper-rich, and deregulation again resulted in another economic collapse).

Yet the plain fact that the trickle-down approach has never worked leaves Republicans unfazed. The GOP has been singing from the Market-is-God hymnal for well over a century, telling us that deregulation, tax cuts for the rich, and the concentration of ever more wealth in the bloated accounts of the richest people will result in prosperity for the rest of us. The party is now trying to pass a scam that throws a few crumbs to the middle class (temporarily — millions of middle-class Americans will soon see a tax hike if the bill is enacted) while heaping benefits on the super-rich, multiplying the national debt and endangering the American economy."

MORE:
~~ Perspective | I’m a Depression historian. The GOP tax bill is straight out of 1929. ~~
New analysis says the Senate GOP tax bill will add $1 trillion to the deficit.
Well done losers.
I have a strong feeling that our annual deficits are going to grow significantly over the next decade without doubt. Hold on to your hat in Q3 & Q4 FY 2018 as we dive into another recession . All this hot air about how fucking great the the exchanges are doing and reflects the true state of the economy is nothing more than sycophantic cheering in collective ignorance of how the world actually turns!

Unless there are 49 or fewer GOP Senate votes for the pending budget bill cast, we'll have a softer landing and stop further dismantling of our economy. Otherwise, we're well and truly fucked because Round 2 to get the funds to pay for the Orange economic fiasco will be nothing more than a dismantling of what is left to shut down to pay off the wealthy power brokers!

And I hoped I'd be long gone before the inevitable collapse of the USA happened.

I was about to hit Post Reply when this notice from WAPO popped up which bears directly on this exchange...time to read it now:
~~Senate Republicans consider a future tax increase in their tax bill after report shows current measure drives up deficit by $1 trillion ~~

I am looking around. I see increasing prosperity, consumer confidence, booming business, and crying Democrats. Life is fucking fantastic.

Good boy. You're making your masters proud. I'm sure any day now you'll be enjoying the scraps from their table.

And look! Another crying democrat!

Love it.

Look another hypocritical republican.

You're right, I know that's redundant.

The words you're looking for are: "Thanks, Obama".

Thank you Donald Trump!

The stock market: All-time high.
Job openings: All-time high. Unemployment rate: Lowest in 11 years!
Consumer confidence: 17-year high. New home sales: 10-year high.
New home average price: All-time high. Federal manufacturing: 24-year high. That is the Trump economy."

MAGA!

And which of Trumps policies caused any of that? Specifically.

When you respond and say "all of them" we'll all know that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Aaaaaaand go!

Yet the plain fact that the trickle-down approach has never worked leaves Republicans unfazed.

Depends on what you mean by the term "works".
If you're in the one percent, or you're a CEO of a huge bank (ahhh but I repeat myself LOL) or one of those Wall Street "Masters of the Universe", it works just fine and dandy!
Depressions like the big one in 1929 were engineered at least in part, and the result, like all those that preceded it, is always the same. Asset values tumble into the toilet, big banks and the one percent vacuum up all the assets at fire sale prices and then resell them again to another generation of fops who willingly believe that upward mobility consists of snatching crumbs from the plates of the ultra rich while sacrificing so that they will receive larger and larger meals.

If you look at it the right way, it's almost as if we working stiffs are a "crop" and depressions and other similarly named crashes are the HARVEST. Then they plant the same bullshit seeds, another crop is raised, blossoms into full fruit and they harvest again.

So for these crooks, trickle down works beautifully, and now that they have purchased not only their own media outlets but even an entire government to support and protect their bullshit yarn, their future "harvests" are all but 100% assured and guaranteed for the foreseeable future.

Forum List

Back