Republicans are avoiding the abortion issue as pregnancies from rape are high in Red States

At the Republican convention, the abortion issue was not talked about, and they are avoiding talking about the issue all together because this year alone (2024), this has happened:

Nearly 65,000 pregnancies from rape have occurred in states with abortion bans, study estimates

Last night at the Democratic convention, this topic was discussed in a way that was powerful and it is going to resonate with all the American women.

LOL what a load of crap. A “study” done by Planned Parenthood where they just pull some number out of their ass.

I am not going to discuss this issue of it not being a Federal issue. All I will say is that the disunity that is presently found in the U.S. is at the root of all problems. We are no longer talking to the other side and until we do that again, nothing will make sense or get fixed.

Actually forcing people to live like you want them to throughout the country is the cause of the disunity.

From making Alabama allow abortions to the 3rd trimester, to NYC dictating gun laws to the rest of the State, and going even to Denver Residents re-introducing wolves into rural Colorado that they never have to deal with, giving up on Federalism and home rule is what's fucking this country over.

Wrong again.

It should Be a constitutionally protected right as it was for fifty years.

But A corrupt president, a corrupt senate leader and a corrupt court ruined that.

So now we need legislation.

If you want it constitutionally protected at the federal level, get enough support for an amendment.

Roe was as bad as Plessey and Chevron, and all three are now gone.

It is not me that is important, it is the issue that is important as it will affect the election in November. If you want to ignore the issue, it is your right. Then again, do not complain when the Republicans lose in November.

States will decide and it's not the issue you think it is. People are trying to survive in this awful economy, that'll be first and foremost

Actually forcing people to live like you want them to throughout the country is the cause of the disunity.
From the guy trying to force women to give birth.

You just can't make this shit up. Every time you think you have the trumpers oegged, they go even lower and dumber.

You mean to say that women's rights should be decided by the States? Are we the UNITED States of America or 52 different individual countries/nations?

Yes. And it's not a "right".

And you are also ignoring men who can become pregnant, you bigot.

From the guy trying to force women to give birth.

You just can't make this shit up. Every time you think you have the trumpers oegged, they go even lower and dumber.

I support a 10-15 week limit on birth control abortions, with exceptions for the life other mother afterwards, so that line of accusation doesn't work on me, poseur.

Abortion is a STATE issue not a Federal one dumbass.

Democrats can lie about it, but the truth is the truth.

Wrong. Abortion is a HEALTH CARE ISSUE, and a human RIGHT.

No politician should ever have a say in women's health care.

WOMEN ARE DYING, and you're saying that women have no "right to life"??????

From making Alabama allow abortions to the 3rd trimester, to NYC dictating gun laws to the rest of the State, and going even to Denver Residents re-introducing wolves into rural Colorado that they never have to deal with, giving up on Federalism and home rule is what's fucking this country over.
Do I need to remind you that this country is run based on the Constitution and the Constitution means that we are a nation where the majority rules. If you want to be an American, you need to accept that fact. If you don't want to accept it, you can always go to live here:

Islandnation.jpg

Wrong. Abortion is a HEALTH CARE ISSUE, and a human RIGHT.

No politician should ever have a say in women's health care.

WOMEN ARE DYING, and you're saying that women have no "right to life"??????

Only when the life of the mother is involved. for fetal death it's not an abortion, and a miscarriage is not an abortion.

Any other situations abortion is simply ex post facto birth control.

Why didn’t Dems do all this when they had a super majority in Congress back in the Hussein Era? Oh because they are grifters.

Because Roe wasn't in danger then. People with NO health care at all were in danger.

And Obama never had a "super majority" for more than a few days.

Forum List

Back