Republicans are clueless when it comes to fixing the economy

umhmmm, how many time are they going post this..?
and as we see the Dear Leader is even worse at it...

thread fail

And yet you can't explain why it's wrong.

I don't need to explain anything.... I'M LIVING AND SUFFERING through it....

how about, pay $3.00 for a gallon of gas for SIX YEARS now, food prices, I can barely afford hamburger forget steak..taxes raised, less job opportunities...and I could on but why bother...
but you can keep making excuse for him like a good useful tool subject for a party by blaming everyone else, ho hum the usual

Gas prices are the same as they were during Bush's second term, that is until the bottom dropped out of the economy. Now they are back to where they would have been had the economy not gone bust. Remember $4.00 gasoline under Bush? I do.

As for food, if you can't afford steak, get a better job. Go back to school and get a better education so you can get a better job. Or do all those conservative talking points go out the window for you and only pertain to "lazy liberals"? LMAO!!! You are a hypocrite.

I don't need to explain anything.... I'M LIVING AND SUFFERING through it....
but you can keep making excuse for him like a good useful tool subject for a party by blaming everyone else, ho hum the usual

I'm not saying Obama fixed the economy. I'm saying he could have had republicans not fucked everything up. However what he did do is prevent the economy from collapsing from the 2008 crisis.

IM laughing........:D

So when this next bubble bursts in the next couple of years, let me get this straight? Its the fault of the Republicans?

s0n.......you have the political IQ of a small soap dish. A handful of far left internet assholes might push that shit but it wont resonate anywhere else.

Obama has the economy so screwed up that if anyone tries to put it right it will collapse around them. The market is rigged to implode right now. If anyone starts cutting spending the unemployed that got on Social Security will be starving unless they rejoin the job market. Then unemployment goes through the roof. And media will say it's not Obama's fault, it's those racist, 1%-loving Republicans.

I don't know that this Administration is "hostile" to business, Mac...I see it more as they don't understand business. There are fewer business people in the Obama White House than probably any Administration in history...hence their very real problem with the Private Sector. They haven't done well creating jobs in the Private Sector because they aren't Private Sector "people". They are Public Sector folks.

That's a fair point, but I think it's both a dislike for private business and a general ignorance of the dynamics of running a business. And I don't think they want to understand.

Look at the posts on this board. Their opinions are terribly simplistic and shallow, they approach everything with static analysis rather than dynamic analysis, and they constantly make assumptions that a child would make. Businesses of all sizes perceive the hostility from the left, how else do you explain the legislation they create and the statements they make?

And of course, there's their adoration of the federal bureaucracy as the alternative to private business.

It is ignorance or hatred? I suspect it's all of the above.

Oh, trust me...I think there is some hatred involved but it's BECAUSE so many of the Obama Administration don't come from a background in business. Most of them are academics and sadly in academic circles, businesses that make a profit are seen as evil enterprises that somehow "prey" on the American people. For forty years now college campuses have preached the gospel that private enterprise is "greedy" and that the answer to that greed is more power being held by government.

I don't know that this Administration is "hostile" to business, Mac...I see it more as they don't understand business. There are fewer business people in the Obama White House than probably any Administration in history...hence their very real problem with the Private Sector. They haven't done well creating jobs in the Private Sector because they aren't Private Sector "people". They are Public Sector folks.
They don't understand business, because by-and-large none of them have ever run a business OR have ever held a private sector job in their lives.

It's easy to understand. Astute observation.

It is easy to understand. If your background is in academics then odds are you buy into the notion that capitalism is a failed system. If your background is in business then odds are you see capitalism as the mechanism to create wealth and jobs.

How do you argue with the low information left that makes (and believes?) crazy cliches like "stimulating the supply side means dick if you don't stimulate the demand side". The statement is frankly ignorant and crazy on several levels. The demand side is always there. If you hinder the supply side WTF do you think will happen to the demand side? Short answer: a realistic 20% unemployment hidden by left wing propaganda.

This notion that "demand" is what stimulates the economy and you can create jobs by extending unemployment is laughable. Anticipation of profit is what entices investment of capital and anything you do to lessen that anticipated profit (by taxing it or by raising costs so businesses aren't profitable) will drive investment capital out of job creating businesses. Raise taxes and you kill job creation because you lower profits. It's common sense...

The demand side is always there.

Yes...tell that to Blackberry and the overwhelmingly number of small to medium sized businesses that barely squeak by or simply go under on a yearly basis.
It's time to drop the facade that every company is in the Fortune 1000.

Demand always IS there but demand by itself is worthless unless you also have an anticipation of profit to induce investment of capital to provide goods or services to meet that demand.

As an example...there would be great demand if GM started selling Corvettes for $20,000. Buyers would be lined up around the block and Chevy would be selling them as fast as they could make them! But because there isn't a profit to be made...that wouldn't take place. Corvettes sell for $60,000 plus because that's the price where Chevy makes a profit.

This notion that "demand" is what stimulates the economy and you can create jobs by extending unemployment is laughable. Anticipation of profit is what entices investment of capital and anything you do to lessen that anticipated profit (by taxing it or by raising costs so businesses aren't profitable) will drive investment capital out of job creating businesses. Raise taxes and you kill job creation because you lower profits. It's common sense...

How are you people so dense to not understand why demand would stimulate the economy? It just baffles me. Demand is the entire point of a free market system. Without it, businesses would not make money. Investment is important but it is only as good as the demand that counters it. Right now spending is down. Wages are low. Higher wages means more money being spent.

UI puts money in the pockets of people who would otherwise not be spending money. They spend it IMMEDIATELY on basic essentials like food, shelter, and clothes. That stimulates the economy.

Last edited:

How are you people so dense to not understand why demand would stimulate the economy? It just baffles me. Demand is the entire point of a free market system. Without it, businesses would not make money. Investment is important but it is only as good as the demand that counters it. Right now spending is down. Wages are low. Higher wages means more money being spent.

UI puts money in the pockets of people who would otherwise not be spending money. They spend it IMMEDIATELY on basic essentials like food, shelter, and clothes. That stimulates the economy.

It truly is amazing how cons do not understand this simple concept. And no, it does not mean that we should pay workers at McDonald's $100 per hour. That is the stupid type of response we get when trying to discuss the problem with trying to keep wages as low as possible for the sake of companies making a profit.

Yup.

Just another example of how they have zero understanding of the dynamics of business.

In the REAL world, a business doesn't say, "holy crap, they're pounding down the doors, we'd better DO something!" -- they have to anticipate, act in advance and make capital investment decisions early. Those are among the RISKS a business must take constantly. Because of the current hostile and uncertain environment, a business is less willing to take those risks. Obviously.

Running a business well is as much art as it is science.

But gosh, we can't blame this administration, how would IT know about stuff like that? If it's not in a textbook, it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

It truly is amazing how cons do not understand this simple concept. And no, it does not mean that we should pay workers at McDonald's $100 per hour. That is the stupid type of response we get when trying to discuss the problem with trying to keep wages as low as possible for the sake of companies making a profit.

Do you know why a corporation exists?

The reason a corporation exists is to maximize shareholder value.

It is not to employ people or put food on their table or make them feel good about themselves.

And you accuse others of not understanding simple concepts.

It is not to employ people or put food on their table or make them feel good about themselves.

Well by that logic we should just lower the minimum wage to $2.00/h. Would that make you feel better about this warped shareholder philosophy?

Productivity has increased 2 fold in the lower classes since the 30s yet wages have ony increased 8% thus behind on inflation. Meanwhile 95% of the income gains have gone to the top 5% of earners. Why do you people defend that un-American crap?

Last edited:

We'll by that logic we should just lower the minimum wage to $2.00/h. Would that make you feel better about this warped shareholder philosophy?

Productivity has increased 2 fold in the lower classes since the 30s yet wages have ony increased 8% thus behind on inflation. Meanwhile 95% of the income gains have gone to the top 5% of earners. Why do you people defend that un-American crap?

You obviously don't know what I support.

And you clearly don't understand business economics.

We'll by that logic we should just lower the minimum wage to $2.00/h. Would that make you feel better about this warped shareholder philosophy?

How do I not know business economics? Explain.

Billy, that's been debunked. That doesnt work. It isn't true. ANd yet you repeat it like it's gospel. What does this say about you?

How do I not know business economics? Explain.

Because you've spent your life in mom's basement? Based on your posts you don't have a clue. You think there is a multiplier that makes government handouts magically grow. You think food stamps drive demand. You think you get more people working by handing out incentives to stay unemployed.
Any of these things would not survive 2 minutes accurate reflection. And yet you repeat them in thread after thread.

Billy, that's been debunked. That doesnt work. It isn't true. ANd yet you repeat it like it's gospel. What does this say about you?

Well if it didn't work, then how do you explain the CBO report that confirms the stimulus supports 2.9 million jobs today? Explain WHY the CBO report is wrong.

You cons think you understand economics so much but shockingly you are clueless. To dismiss the very idea of demand in the supply/demand model is just moronic.

Last edited:

Well if it didn't work, then how do you explain the CBO report that confirms the stimulus supports 2.9 million jobs today? Explain WHY the CBO report is wrong.

Because the CBO report assumed cause and effect.
But you never get around to answering the obvious question: we have spent more on UE and food stamps than ever before. Yet the recovery has been the worst on record. Your theory would suggest we should have had strong job growth. But we didnt. So how do you explain that?

You cons think you understand economics so much but shockingly you are clueless. To dismiss the very idea of demand in the supply/demand model is just moronic.

there are about one MILLION fewer Americans working now than at the height of the "Bush" recession; or at any point in the Bush years

billy; you're a JOKE

Forum List

Back