Republicans baffled by Katie Britt’s State of the Union response: ‘One of our biggest disasters’

In this context the story as it was done to make Biden look bad, not to help stop sex slavery.

If sex slavery was her focus there is no reason to make up the story.
Is it though? If the sex slavery is happening and has gotten worse due to the easing of restrictions on the border is it the story that's making Biden look bad?

I have to admit, she came across as an unbelievable, insincere drama queen. I find it hard to believe though that it was all her fault. Surely those in power knew what she was going to say and how she was going to say it. It was a huge error in judgement to have her do this and let it get all the way to happening.
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

She was given an opportunity on the national stage. She stumbled. Jindal and Rubio survived. She will too.

1710032402007.png

Is it though? If the sex slavery is happening and has gotten worse due to the easing of restrictions on the border is it the story that's making Biden look bad?

Then that is what she should have said instead of making up a lie.

All lying does is more the spotlight to her and not what she pretends claims to be against

Leave it to repunks to freaking epically blow it in Britt's response. Sheesh. Talking about the agony of defeat. Just barely behind a juiced up sundowner senile wicked old child sniffing pervert of a lying president.

It is surprising that Katie Britt is supposedly on Trump's short list for VP.

Girdusky assures us that the list consists of three names that will surprise nearly everyone, with the possible exception of LaCivita. Among the three are newly minted Alabama Senator Katie Britt, another newbie in Ohio Senator J.D. Vance, and the same old Senator Marco Rubio of Florida.

It is surprising that Katie Britt is supposedly on Trump's short list for VP.

Girdusky assures us that the list consists of three names that will surprise nearly everyone, with the possible exception of LaCivita. Among the three are newly minted Alabama Senator Katie Britt, another newbie in Ohio Senator J.D. Vance, and the same old Senator Marco Rubio of Florida.

Giving the SOTU speech rebuttal is a one way ticket to political nobodydom

The senator who delivered the GOP's rebuttal shared a Bush-era anecdote somehow meant to attack Biden.​

A story about a sex trafficking victim shared by Sen. Katie Britt (R-Ala.) in her bizarre State of the Union rebuttal is coming under fire for the dishonest way it was used to attack President Joe Biden’s border policies.

In a seven-minute TikTok video, former Associated Press reporter Jonathan Katz explained how his lingering questions over the anecdote led him to the conclusion that Britt had “lied about something really horrific and really important.”

The actual content of the story is heart-wrenching. As Britt told it, she traveled to Texas just after taking office last year and “spoke to a woman who shared her story with me.”

“She had been sex trafficked by the cartels starting at the age of 12,” Britt said, going on to outline horrific acts of sexual violence that the woman said she endured as a child.

“We wouldn’t be okay with this happening in a third-world country,” Britt said with dramatic flair. “This is the United States of America, and it is past time, in my opinion, that we start acting like it. President Biden’s border policies are a disgrace. This crisis is despicable.”

There are a few problems with Britt’s framing of the story, though.

Britt did not name the abuse survivor in her State of the Union rebuttal directly, but Britt’s communications director, Sean Ross, confirmed to The Washington Post that the story was about an activist named Karla Jacinto Romero, as Katz had suggested.

While Britt made it seem like an example of recent lawlessness caused by Biden-era policies, the abuse Romero endured happened two decades ago, when George W. Bush was president. That fact alone has led many people on social media to ask how Biden can be to blame.

More at the link below...

Shame, Shame, Shame on Katie Britts! This is so unbelievably dishonest. She apparently just flat out lied. What do you think?
What is bizarre is that you get your news from tic tokers…in particular ones that think a story a woman shared about something that happened to her as a 12 year old child was in the last three years.

Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew reactions ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow rightwingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Delivering the official State of the Union response can be a thankless task, as the former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and the Florida senator Marco Rubio, deliverers of previously panned speeches, would ruefully attest.

Nonetheless, the 42-year-old Alabama senator is a rising Republican star, widely respected on Capitol Hill and her selection to respond to Biden was a golden opportunity to introduce herself to the wider American electorate.

In his address Biden used his bully pulpit effectively, attacking Republicans in a fiery speech and inviting a strong response. But Britt’s speech, delivered with overt theatricality, oscillating in tone between the wholesome and the wholly horrific, did not land well even in her own party.

Charlie Kirk, founder of the far-right Turning Point USA youth group, said: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show, whispering about how Democrats ‘dont get it’.”

Republicans baffled by Katie Brittâs State of the Union response: âOne of our biggest disastersâ

What the hell was that speech? This was supposed to be a rebuttal to the president? LOL. Seems like someone in a witness protection program is appealing for help! That dark kitchen, the whispers. Jindal, Rubio, and now this. Republicans really suck at media management.
I liked it. Facts plus the DECENCY Card!!!

Greg

I have to admit, she came across as an unbelievable, insincere drama queen. I find it hard to believe though that it was all her fault. Surely those in power knew what she was going to say and how she was going to say it. It was a huge error in judgement to have her do this and let it get all the way to happening.
You expect yanks to do schmaltzy OK, and she was fine. I wonder why they didn't get TRUMP to give the response?

Greg

You expect yanks to do schmaltzy OK, and she was fine. I wonder why they didn't get TRUMP to give the response?

Greg
I guess Trump did give a play by play response but someone else could have done a far better job than her on this one.

Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew reactions ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow rightwingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Delivering the official State of the Union response can be a thankless task, as the former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and the Florida senator Marco Rubio, deliverers of previously panned speeches, would ruefully attest.

Nonetheless, the 42-year-old Alabama senator is a rising Republican star, widely respected on Capitol Hill and her selection to respond to Biden was a golden opportunity to introduce herself to the wider American electorate.

In his address Biden used his bully pulpit effectively, attacking Republicans in a fiery speech and inviting a strong response. But Britt’s speech, delivered with overt theatricality, oscillating in tone between the wholesome and the wholly horrific, did not land well even in her own party.

Charlie Kirk, founder of the far-right Turning Point USA youth group, said: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show, whispering about how Democrats ‘dont get it’.”

Republicans baffled by Katie Brittâs State of the Union response: âOne of our biggest disastersâ

What the hell was that speech? This was supposed to be a rebuttal to the president? LOL. Seems like someone in a witness protection program is appealing for help! That dark kitchen, the whispers. Jindal, Rubio, and now this. Republicans really suck at media management.
Look at that freak Kirk.

They are literally upset that she wasn't batshit crazy enough.

The senator who delivered the GOP's rebuttal shared a Bush-era anecdote somehow meant to attack Biden.​

A story about a sex trafficking victim shared by Sen. Katie Britt (R-Ala.) in her bizarre State of the Union rebuttal is coming under fire for the dishonest way it was used to attack President Joe Biden’s border policies.

In a seven-minute TikTok video, former Associated Press reporter Jonathan Katz explained how his lingering questions over the anecdote led him to the conclusion that Britt had “lied about something really horrific and really important.”

The actual content of the story is heart-wrenching. As Britt told it, she traveled to Texas just after taking office last year and “spoke to a woman who shared her story with me.”

“She had been sex trafficked by the cartels starting at the age of 12,” Britt said, going on to outline horrific acts of sexual violence that the woman said she endured as a child.

“We wouldn’t be okay with this happening in a third-world country,” Britt said with dramatic flair. “This is the United States of America, and it is past time, in my opinion, that we start acting like it. President Biden’s border policies are a disgrace. This crisis is despicable.”

There are a few problems with Britt’s framing of the story, though.

Britt did not name the abuse survivor in her State of the Union rebuttal directly, but Britt’s communications director, Sean Ross, confirmed to The Washington Post that the story was about an activist named Karla Jacinto Romero, as Katz had suggested.

While Britt made it seem like an example of recent lawlessness caused by Biden-era policies, the abuse Romero endured happened two decades ago, when George W. Bush was president. That fact alone has led many people on social media to ask how Biden can be to blame.

More at the link below...

Shame, Shame, Shame on Katie Britts! This is so unbelievably dishonest. She apparently just flat out lied. What do you think?
Okay. Just watched it. WTF was that?!? WTF are the GOP doing?!? Awkward. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back