Republicans block repeal of 21 Billion Dollars in oil subsidies

God knows the oil companies deserve our tax dollars. Who deserves it more......working stiffs or multimillion dollar corporations?

Thanks Republicans

*OIL* is the engine of this economy...Abruptly changing it to Wind turbines/Solar unproven TECH is fucking suicide...

Which is exactly why the oil industry doesn't need subsidies.

My question is, to anyone, if we are going to lose 21 billion in revenues in a subsidy for big oil,

who do you want to tax to make up that revenue loss?

The oil industry does not get subsidies.

*OIL* is the engine of this economy...Abruptly changing it to Wind turbines/Solar unproven TECH is fucking suicide...

My question is, to anyone, if we are going to lose 21 billion in revenues in a subsidy for big oil,

The oil industry does not get subsidies.

So the per-unit subsidy for extracting from marginal sources doesn't exist?

Really?

God knows the oil companies deserve our tax dollars. Who deserves it more......working stiffs or multimillion dollar corporations?

Thanks Republicans

The more we subsidize oil the less competitive alternate sources of energy are

in fact RW? If you don't LIKE IT? Cease driving. Buy a bike at the risk of making the BICYCLE Consortium RICH...

CEASE using your computer...all those plastics and all can't be good for the environment....Isn't GREEN because MOST power you garner is from COAL/OIL...Polluters that you HATE...but yet you give them MONEY and them complain of it...

Do you feel like a fucking hyporcrite yet?

*YOU SHOULD*
I want to see every anti oil liberal stop using it. Even for just 1 year. Show us you really mean what you say for a change.

I want to see every conservative stop using the roads for a year.
Asphalt is a petroleum product. Now you were saying?

The heads of the five oil companies defended the tax breaks at a Senate hearing last week, saying they just want the same tax advantages enjoyed by other industries. The companies are Shell Oil Co., ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP America and Chevron Corp.

Together, they logged profits totaling $36 billion during the first quarter. The Democrats say that with profits that high, the big oil companies wouldn't miss tax breaks that average $2 billion a year.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce called the tax increases "misguided, unwarranted, and ultimately counterproductive."

Republicans argue that their bill, which is backed by the Chamber of Commerce, would increase domestic oil production, sending a signal to the market that could eventually lead to lower gas prices. Similar measures easily passed the Republican-controlled House.

The bill being voted on Tuesday would target only the five largest oil companies, raising about $21 billion over the same period.

Senate takes up bill repealing $2B oil tax breaks | KETK

Yes, that is the SAME Chamber of Commerce that worked with the Republican Party and the Chinese government to move 2.4 million jobs to China from 2001 to 2008. The same Chamber of Commerce that has received tens of millions from China. The same Chamber of Commerce that gave tens of millions to Republicans in the last election. According to the Chamber of Commerce, the money that came from China and the money they gave to Republicans are in "separate" accounts. Because of the Supreme Court ruling, The Chamber of Commerce are not obligated to say where the money they gave to Republicans came from. I've linked to all this stuff before. In fact, I even posted the "Invitation" that came from the China and the Chamber of Commerce inviting business owners to come to the sponsored seminars to learn how to outsource to China.

Make that 2 Billion a year, not 21 Billion.

I know you hate it Dean, but most of the American People do not think it is a good idea to do anything at all that may cause further increasing of Gas Prices. Period.

Oh I get it

Those subsidies have been passed down to the consumer in lower gas prices..

in fact RW? If you don't LIKE IT? Cease driving. Buy a bike at the risk of making the BICYCLE Consortium RICH...

CEASE using your computer...all those plastics and all can't be good for the environment....Isn't GREEN because MOST power you garner is from COAL/OIL...Polluters that you HATE...but yet you give them MONEY and them complain of it...

*YOU SHOULD*
I want to see every anti oil liberal stop using it. Even for just 1 year. Show us you really mean what you say for a change.
I have for 3 years now, and I am not a liberal (or a conservative) for that matter.

*YOU SHOULD*
I have for 3 years now, and I am not a liberal (or a conservative) for that matter.

Then I salute you for your effort. What are you doing instead?

Using coal, hydroelectricity, natural gas and I don't recycle as I feel its a waste of time (don't believe the propaganda, plastic packaging is the main cause of waste, not plastic bags). I walk or catch the train.

Good news. Why should oil companies be treated to a tax policy equivalent of a "bill of attainder"?

Other industries with heavy capital investment requirements are allowed to accelerate depreciation on equipment (which just means less write-offs and higher taxes in the future). The oil industry should not be singled out with a differing tax policy.

Libtards think corporations should be taxed on their gross revenue, regardless of whether they make a profit or not.

We're subsiding the oil companies and reinforcing our addiction to oil. Its a win-win for the oil co's. NOT so much for the rest of us.

We're subsiding the oil companies and reinforcing our addiction to oil. Its a win-win for the oil co's. NOT so much for the rest of us.
But no other path really, hydrogen is still far off, and biofuel hasn't finished starving the Africans to death yet.

The heads of the five oil companies defended the tax breaks at a Senate hearing last week, saying they just want the same tax advantages enjoyed by other industries. The companies are Shell Oil Co., ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP America and Chevron Corp.

Together, they logged profits totaling $36 billion during the first quarter. The Democrats say that with profits that high, the big oil companies wouldn't miss tax breaks that average $2 billion a year.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce called the tax increases "misguided, unwarranted, and ultimately counterproductive."

Republicans argue that their bill, which is backed by the Chamber of Commerce, would increase domestic oil production, sending a signal to the market that could eventually lead to lower gas prices. Similar measures easily passed the Republican-controlled House.

The bill being voted on Tuesday would target only the five largest oil companies, raising about $21 billion over the same period.

Senate takes up bill repealing $2B oil tax breaks | KETK

Yes, that is the SAME Chamber of Commerce that worked with the Republican Party and the Chinese government to move 2.4 million jobs to China from 2001 to 2008. The same Chamber of Commerce that has received tens of millions from China. The same Chamber of Commerce that gave tens of millions to Republicans in the last election. According to the Chamber of Commerce, the money that came from China and the money they gave to Republicans are in "separate" accounts. Because of the Supreme Court ruling, The Chamber of Commerce are not obligated to say where the money they gave to Republicans came from. I've linked to all this stuff before. In fact, I even posted the "Invitation" that came from the China and the Chamber of Commerce inviting business owners to come to the sponsored seminars to learn how to outsource to China.

Make that 2 Billion a year, not 21 Billion.

I know you hate it Dean, but most of the American People do not think it is a good idea to do anything at all that may cause further increasing of Gas Prices. Period.

Oh I get it

Those subsidies have been passed down to the consumer in lower gas prices..

LOLOL. You got a good dead-pan delivery :D

Using coal, hydroelectricity, natural gas and I don't recycle as I feel its a waste of time (don't believe the propaganda, plastic packaging is the main cause of waste, not plastic bags). I walk or catch the train.

Some years ago I remember reading that Bauxite/aluminum was profitable to recycle. Prolly still that way.

Some years ago I remember reading that Bauxite/aluminum was profitable to recycle. Prolly still that way.
True, but I get slight chuckles with the 'eco friendly' packaging made out of plastic. :lol:

But no other path really, hydrogen is still far off, and biofuel hasn't finished starving the Africans to death yet.

Yeah. We just need the infrastructure. Honda already mass-produces a car that has 0 emissions: Honda FCX Clarity Overview - Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle - Site

Ironically, your country is best-suited to implement a smart grid at a lower cost due to size of your country. Don't you blokes currently utilize geothermal too?

Yeah. We just need the infrastructure. Honda already mass-produces a car that has 0 emissions: Honda FCX Clarity Overview - Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle - Site
But producing it doesn't, and those used cars won't be shutting down their engines any time soon.

Ironically, your country is best-suited to implement a smart grid at a lower cost due to size of your country. Don't you blokes currently utilize geothermal too?
Yes, but a lot of electricity still comes from coal and natural gas.

The installed generating capacity of New Zealand (all sources) as of December 2009 was 9,486 megawatts (MW), composed of 56.7% hydroelectricity, 18.4% natural gas, 10.0% coal, 6.9% geothermal, 5.2% wind, 1.6% oil, and 1.3% other sources (mainly biogas, waste heat and wood) [4]
A total of 43,401 GWh was generated in New Zealand in 2010. Of the electricity generated, it composed of 56.4% hydroelectricity, 21.2 % natural gas, 12.8% geothermal, 4.5% coal, 3.7% wind, <0.1% oil, and 1.4% other sources.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_New_Zealand#Generation

Last edited:

Forum List

Back