Republicans, don’t you want

Clean air?
Gun laws that keep guns away from nuts?
To legalize pot?
Alternative energy?
To strengthen social security and Medicare?
Labor to have a seat at the table?
Women to have the right to choose?
Police reform?
Separation of Church and state?
Most Republicans aren't into group think, but for the most part:

Republican do indeed want clean air, soil and water as much as anybody else and pretty much consistently vote for what is effective to achieve it. Republicans oppose government mandates, rules, regulations that control the people but do pretty much nothing to achieve cleaner water, air, soil or that have any significant effect on the climate.

Republicans have consistently supported laws making it illegal for those who commit crimes with guns from having guns. They oppose more gun restrictions on law abiding people who present no danger to themselves or others while pushing policy that makes it easier and more attractive for criminals to do crime.

Republicans have no objections to alternate energy and many have invested in it or started up companies to provide it. But Republicans believe it should be the private sector doing it in a way that does not infringe on the people's choices, opportunities, options and that there is no constitutional authority for the government to mandate it or subsidize it.

Democrats have fought Republicans every inch of the way when it is mostly Republicans pushing to strengthen Social Security and Medicare because the Republican way would actually do it and give Democrats a lot less control of the people.

Republicans have no problem with labor having a seat at the table. What they oppose is labor refusing seats to everybody else.

Republicans fully support a woman's right to choose short of infringing on the rights of others including the life she chose or allowed to begin.

Republicans fully support police reform that imposes standards of ethics on police powers but empowers police to get criminals off the streets and that puts victims' rights ahead of criminals.

Republicans fully support separation of Church and state in that the state should have essentially no say on the people's right to believe, think, express, speak what they wish in matters of religion so long as they do not violate the rights of anybody else. For example: that Christmas tree in the school foyer or classroom or that creche on the courthouse law are NOT a violation of separation of church and state if the local community and government want those there. And while any person or religious group has every right to speak their concerns and desires to their government as much as anybody else and to petition their government for redress of grievances as much as anybody else, no religious group (or any other group) should be given power to demand any action, policy, or dictate from the government.

Clean air?

We already have that.

Gun laws that keep guns away from nuts?

Too bad you're so totally rotten at defining nuttery.

To legalize pot?

Couldn't care less.

Alternative energy?

Green doesn't work. Wait till fusion, it's only a few years.

To strengthen social security and Medicare?

Just stop raiding the coffers.

Labor to have a seat at the table?

It already does.

Women to have the right to choose?

They already do.

Police reform?

Yeah. Kick the commies off the force. Whoever knelt for BLM is fired on the spot with no pension

Separation of Church and state?

We already have that.

Anything else?

Republican aren't into group think, but for the most part:

Republican do indeed want clean air, soil and water as much as anybody else and pretty much consistently vote for what is effective to achieve it. Republicans oppose government mandates, rules, regulations that control the people but do pretty much nothing to achieve cleaner water, air, soil or that have any significant effect on the climate.

Republicans have consistently supported laws making it illegal for those who commit crimes with them from having them. They oppose more gun restrictions on law abiding people who present no danger to themselves or others while pushing policy that makes it easier and more attractive for criminals to do crime.

Republicans have no objections to alternate energy and many have invested in it or started up companies to provide it. But Republicans believe it should be the private sector doing it in a way that does not infringe on the people's choices, opportunities, options and that there is no constitutional authority for the government to mandate it or subsidize it.

Democrats have fought Republicans every inch of the way when it is mostly Republicans pushing to strengthen Social Security and Medicare because the Republican way would actually do it and give Democrats a lot less control of the people.

Republicans have no problem with labor having a seat at the table. What they oppose is labor refusing seats to everybody else.

Republicans fully support a woman's right to choose short of infringing on the rights of others including the life she chose or allowed to begin.

Republicans fully support police reform that imposes standards of ethics on police powers but empowers police to get criminals off the streets and that puts victims' rights ahead of criminals.

Republicans fully support separation of Church and state in that the state should have essentially no say on the people's right to believe, think, express, speak what they wish in matters of religion so long as they do not violate the rights of anybody else. For example: that Christmas tree in the school foyer or classroom or that creche on the courthouse law are NOT a violation of separation of church and state if the local community and government want those there. And while any person or religious group has every right to speak their concerns and desires to their government as much as anybody else and to petition their government for redress of grievances as much as anybody else, no religious group (or any other group) should be given power to demand any action, policy, or dictate from the government.

This........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Most Republicans aren't into group think, but for the most part:

Republicans have consistently supported laws making it illegal for those who commit crimes with guns from having guns. They oppose more gun restrictions on law abiding people who present no danger to themselves or others while pushing policy that makes it easier and more attractive for criminals to do crime.

Actually the Supreme Court took the epa’s authority. Sent the decisions back to congress. Knowing gridlock will stop any green energy policies.

Actually the Supreme Court took the epa’s authority. Sent the decisions back to congress. Knowing gridlock will stop any green energy policies.
Only some issues that were contested and wound up before the Court. I would like the government to stop all policies, including green policies, that it has no constitutional authority to make. Of course we would dismiss about 3/4th of the federal government personnel if that happened but it would be a very good thing.

Only some issues that were contested and wound up before the Court. I would like the government to stop all policies, including green policies, that it has no constitutional authority to make. Of course we would dismiss about 3/4th of the federal government personnel if that happened but it would be a very good thing.
Would it? I’d love to rid the government of all waste too but that would be a lot more people unemployed and a lot of lost social programs that make our lives better.

if government doesn’t regulate environment better our lives will get worse.

Would it? I’d love to rid the government of all waste too but that would be a lot more people unemployed and a lot of lost social programs that make our lives better.

All the federal abuses of power, all the fraudulent and wasteful use of the people's wealth, all of that, ended, would be a huge boon to the economy as a whole. Any government workers that would be thus put out of work, would be nothing compared to all the new jobs that would be created under such an improved economy. Any forrmer governmetn employees who can't get real jobs under the resulting economy, were worthless parasites anyway, and society will be better of they just starve to death.

It is not a legitimate purpose of government to provide cushy, sinecure jobs, for worthless scum that would never be able to thrive in the private sector at real jobs.

if government doesn’t regulate environment better our lives will get worse.
The government should regulate environment that affects more than one state. More than one state must share the water in many/most rivers and the federal government should arbitrate who gets what water from those rivers or shared aquifers and protect the purity of the water. The federal government should arbitrate emissions that affect neighboring states. The federal government should do only what prevents the states from doing harm to each other and/or what cannot realistically be done by the states and/or private sector.

Did he get the gun from his parent?

And I don't think you have to worry about jailing citizens who legally defend themselves. You guys get away with murder every day in red states who have stand your ground. If the victim is black or liberal you get off scott free. Kyle Rittenhouse gets off free. And then that guy in Texas who shot a BLM protester who was legally carrying a AR rifle. He was walking towards the man's car with a legal AR Rifle. But the guy in the car felt "threatened" so he lit the dude up and murdered him. He was found guilty. Now the Texas Republican governor is going to pardon him. Why? Because he shot a BLM protester. If it was the other way around no way does he pardon the murderer.

Stand your Ground is so whites can murder blacks and claim they felt "threatened".
Rittenhouse commited no crime

And I don't think you have to worry about jailing citizens who legally defend themselves. You guys get away with murder every day in red states who have stand your ground. If the victim is black or liberal you get off scott free. Kyle Rittenhouse gets off free. And then that guy in Texas who shot a BLM protester who was legally carrying a AR rifle. He was walking towards the man's car with a legal AR Rifle. But the guy in the car felt "threatened" so he lit the dude up and murdered him. He was found guilty. Now the Texas Republican governor is going to pardon him. Why? Because he shot a BLM protester. If it was the other way around no way does he pardon the murderer.

Stand your Ground is so whites can murder blacks and claim they felt "threatened".

Moron…..research shows blacks benefit the most from stand your ground laws…..

Abstract

Contrary to anti-self-defense rhetoric, blacks are treated equably in Stand Your Ground states. Comprehensive examination of FBI Supplemental Homicide data shows that in Stand Your Ground States:

• There has been no significant increase in black justifiable homicide victims.

• Black defenders account for a higher percent of justifiable homicides.

• Since enactment, Black defenders account for a higher percent of all justifiable defenses against white attackers.

Again….blacks benefit more than whites with stand your ground laws…..you don’t know what you are talking about…,

Overall, black defendants went free 66 percent of the time in fatal cases compared to 61 percent for white defendants — a difference explained, in part, by the fact blacks were more likely to kill another black.

All the federal abuses of power, all the fraudulent and wasteful use of the people's wealth, all of that, ended, would be a huge boon to the economy as a whole. Any government workers that would be thus put out of work, would be nothing compared to all the new jobs that would be created under such an improved economy. Any forrmer governmetn employees who can't get real jobs under the resulting economy, were worthless parasites anyway, and society will be better of they just starve to death.

It is not a legitimate purpose of government to provide cushy, sinecure jobs, for worthless scum that would never be able to thrive in the private sector at real jobs.
Or would it just cause inflation?
Reminds me of when stupid women wanted to go to work. They thought, "gee, if we can live this well with just the husband working, imagine if I get a job, we'll be rich". So lots of women went to work. But ultimately "the man" fixed/rigged the system so NOW it takes 2 people working to raise a family.

And I like social programs, government jobs that deal with for profits don't want to deal with, etc.

Imagine if they never spent a dime going to the moon. Wouldn't that be great? Not really. But think about all that money in your pocket.

The reasons Republicans aren't good at governing is because you can't govern if you don't believe in government. How can a anti government person be a good governor? He can't. He becomes the governor of Kentucky. Even Ron DeSantis in Florida hasn't shrunk the Florida government. It's not reality. He's got too many other things on his mind.

On the other hand, we got by just fine when Trump was president and this was happening

Wait! Are you supporting Trump?

Overall, the federal workforce increased by an average of 0.9% per year between December 2016, just before the start of the Trump administration, and December 2020, just before the president left office. This increase compares with a 0.3% average increase during the second term of the Obama administration.

Why no to pot? It’s not causing a problem. Do you want to make booze illegal?

Raise the retirement age on who? I’m 52. If it’s on people younger than me, sure why not?

Actually pot is causing problems, they just don't publicize it. It's not politically correct. And when booze causes psychosis, get back to me.

I'd say on anyone 40 and younger, people need time to plan. Also stop giving benefits to illegals.

This did happen I can confirm. When my brother was mid management he dealt with this.

1. they were still profitable despite this.
2. don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

I agree. Unions can’t have the power to protect that behavior. I don’t believe this happens after the Bush Great Recession where GM went bankrupt and ford union had to take cuts.

Don't bet on it, it was ingrained in the UAW culture. I can't swear to it at this time, because all my relatives that worked there are either dead or retired.

Actually pot is causing problems, they just don't publicize it. It's not politically correct. And when booze causes psychosis, get back to me.

I'd say on anyone 40 and younger, people need time to plan. Also stop giving benefits to illegals.

Here is what I found on this

Research has shown that cannabis use is associated with an increased risk for an earlier onset of psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia) in people with other risk factors, such as family history. Cannabis intoxication can also induce a temporary psychotic episode in some individuals, especially at high doses.

So if you are already schizopherenic, it may bring it out in you.

And yes, I've tripped balls when I was new to smoking pot. God I miss those days. Now that's when I was high. Today it's like drinking a half glass of wine. Seriously. Give me your strongest stuff. I've been smoking it for decades. I would love to get fucked up like the old days. Miss those days. LOL.

You are being petty with pot. Worried about the very small minority. Should we ban guns because a small percent of us can't handle them? Or beer? Beer is a gateway drug.

I was thinking about you guys yesterday. Regarding the gay parades. Those should be totally legal. Even you right wingers agree straight women should not be on a beach wearing a thong bikini. So of course you don't think gays should be wearing them either. Only one problem. You have to ban all people from wearing thongs. You can't pick and choose.

I'm hoping a man turned woman starts walking around with his fake tits out. Now there's a great example of crossing the line. If guys can go shirtless, so should women be allowed. So what about a former man? Who has huge dolly parton knockers. He/they/she grew up going shirtless. Suddenly they can't? Why not? You say she's a man so she should be allowed. Right???

Here is what I found on this

Research has shown that cannabis use is associated with an increased risk for an earlier onset of psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia) in people with other risk factors, such as family history. Cannabis intoxication can also induce a temporary psychotic episode in some individuals, especially at high doses.

So if you are already schizopherenic, it may bring it out in you.

And yes, I've tripped balls when I was new to smoking pot. God I miss those days. Now that's when I was high. Today it's like drinking a half glass of wine. Seriously. Give me your strongest stuff. I've been smoking it for decades. I would love to get fucked up like the old days. Miss those days. LOL.

You are being petty with pot. Worried about the very small minority. Should we ban guns because a small percent of us can't handle them? Or beer? Beer is a gateway drug.

I was thinking about you guys yesterday. Regarding the gay parades. Those should be totally legal. Even you right wingers agree straight women should not be on a beach wearing a thong bikini. So of course you don't think gays should be wearing them either. Only one problem. You have to ban all people from wearing thongs. You can't pick and choose.

I'm hoping a man turned woman starts walking around with his fake tits out. Now there's a great example of crossing the line. If guys can go shirtless, so should women be allowed. So what about a former man? Who has huge dolly parton knockers. He/they/she grew up going shirtless. Suddenly they can't? Why not? You say she's a man so she should be allowed. Right???

Marijuana over activates parts of the brain that contain the highest number of these receptors. This causes the "high" that people feel. Other effects include:
  • altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
  • altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
  • impaired memory
  • hallucinations (when taken in high doses)
  • delusions (when taken in high doses)
  • psychosis (risk is highest with regular use of high potency marijuana)

You can try to whitewash it, but I ain't buying it. Potency today is as much as 40 times higher than in the 70's.

Background checks were a sensible, well-thought out idea BEFORE being implemented.

Defunding the police, for example, is a stupid f* idea, was from the start, and was not a seriously well thought-out idea.

All five Mississippi deputy sheriffs accused of beating and sexually assaulting two Black men before shooting one of them in the mouth have been fired.

Marijuana over activates parts of the brain that contain the highest number of these receptors. This causes the "high" that people feel. Other effects include:
  • altered senses (for example, seeing brighter colors)
  • altered sense of time
  • changes in mood
  • impaired body movement
  • difficulty with thinking and problem-solving
  • impaired memory
  • hallucinations (when taken in high doses)
  • delusions (when taken in high doses)
  • psychosis (risk is highest with regular use of high potency marijuana)

You can try to whitewash it, but I ain't buying it. Potency today is as much as 40 times higher than in the 70's.

Correction.
  • hallucinations (when taken in high doses) This one is bullshit. No one has ever overdosed from smoking pot. And I can smoke all day and not hallucinate. Hallucinating only happens to people who are new to pot. They can take 1 puff and hallucinate.
Risk of psychosis is not highest with regular use of high potency marijuana. Where are you getting this? If you use pot regularly, you never have psychosis because you are used to it. This stuff happens to people who are new to smoking pot.

A lot of these other things, you can also get with medications that are perscribed to you. So us pot smokers self medicate.

Next you're going to say pot may cause drowsiness.

At least pot doesn't cause anal leakage. LOL

Forum List

Back