🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Dump McCarthy For Speaker!

What would make you think this one will be any different?
Someone has to try... No more debt.

Apparently you like our country being in debt??

Republicans are not threatening to shut down government over debt, they are threatening to shut down over Planned Parenthood
It's over funding... Money we don't have.

Hate to break it to ya

Hate to break it to you...but the last shutdown cost $24 trillion and Planned Parenthood only gets $500 million a year

Republican fiscal responsibility
24 trillion? Back that up.
You have No proof.

Damn...that was stupid

Meant $24 billion

S&P Says Government Shutdown Cost U.S. Economy $24 Billion | TIME.com

It's so cute to see how the left is so worried over some Republican not getting some position in their daddy Guberment

I bet he's touched about it

151009-republicans-want-us-to-believe-they-can-lead-the-country.jpg

No one wants to be Speaker because they would have to deal with the "Freedom Caucus" who are like the marauders of the Mad Max movie ...crazier than a working class person voting GOP

So much for the party that said that they would show us how to govern:argue::asshole:

The GOP is ungovernable: What happens when one major party is dysfunctional to the core

One of the big themes of the 2014 midterm elections was the insistence from Republicans that they, given the chance, would be able to competently govern. As House majority leader Kevin McCarthy explained it in late October, just before Election Day, it was critical for the party’s political future to demonstrate to voters that they could get stuff done. “I do know this,” McCarthy said in an interview with Politico. “If we don’t capture the House stronger, and the Senate, and prove we could govern, there won’t be a Republican president in 2016.” The GOP is ungovernable: What happens when one major party is dysfunctional to the core - Salon.com

426 of some of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read.

The GOP is NOT imploding.

At last, some of those WE elected to stop the BS of this administration are standing up and trying to do what WE elected them to do.

That it upsets the GOP establishment is exactly what WE sent them there for.

It will get sorted out. I don't know that "the best" Speaker will be selected. I only know that he or she will be a thousand times better than what we currently have.

And I foresee a whole lot of other changes in the House leadership - all for the good!

At last, some of those WE elected to stop the BS of this administration are standing up and trying to do what WE elected them to do.

It will get sorted out. I don't know that "the best" Speaker will be selected. I only know that he or she will be a thousand times better than what we currently have.

And I foresee a whole lot of other changes in the House leadership - all for the good!

How is that going for you?

Have you stopped anything? Seems Obama is doing just fine without you

What have they accomplished that you sent them there to do?

Did they balance the budget?
Kill Obamacare?
Pass the Keystone Pipeline?
Stop same sex marriage?
Block the Iran nuclear deal?

No one wants to be Speaker because they would have to deal with the "Freedom Caucus" who are like the marauders of the Mad Max movie ...crazier than a working class person voting GOP
Let it go vacant, it's meaningless job. Taking that job is agreeing to be Obamas little monkey for Barry's lobbyists...

Let congress burn

Let it go vacant, it's meaningless job. Taking that job is agreeing to be Obamas little monkey for Barry's lobbyists...

Let congress burn

Obama seems to being just fine without a functioning Congress, so will Hillary

By all means, let the lack of Republican leadership bring it to a halt

Kill Obamacare?
Stop same sex marriage?
Of course they are not going to make the right decision on any of those issues... Progressives can't make the right decision on anything.
They are just control freaks.

Let congress burn

Agreed, the majority just needs to stop all activities in congress... No spending, or bills passed till the debt is under control.

Kill Obamacare?
Stop same sex marriage?
Of course they are not going to make the right decision on any of those issues... Progressives can't make the right decision on anything.

Progressives did make the right decision. The decision that matches their ideology

Your bizarre rightwing, I hate government ideology is getting nowhere.....when was the last political battle you won?

Kill Obamacare?
Stop same sex marriage?

Progressives did make the right decision. The decision that matches their ideology

Your bizarre rightwing, I hate government ideology is getting nowhere.....when was the last political battle you won?
The federal government track record speaks for itself... Starting with all the broken Indian treatys and Indian treatment, and has not changed to this day.

Embrace the suck

The party that can’t govern, and the country that hates its guts : The zombie party that cheated its way to power faces chaos, ruin and universal loathing. Now comes the bad part

The Republican suicide ballad: The party that can’t govern, and the country that hates its guts - Salon.com'

It is time once again to ponder the question of whether the Republican Party can be saved from itself – and if so, what exactly there is to save and why anyone should care. The GOP’s current struggle to find someone, or indeed anyone, who is willing to serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives, the position once held by Henry Clay and Sam Rayburn and Tip O’Neill – the president’s most important counterbalance and negotiating partner, and traditionally the second most powerful job in Washington – is of course a tragic and/or hilarious symptom of much deeper dysfunction.

It’s always time for this question in the cracked crucible of 21st-century American politics, and when considered in full it reaches beyond the arena of Machiavellian power struggle into the abstract theological realm favored by Church scholastics of the Middle Ages. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Whatever the number is, it’s infinitely larger than the number of Republicans who want to pick up John Boehner’s poisoned gavel. How large are Heaven and Hell, measured in cubits and ells? Not large enough, it appears, to encompass the pride and arrogance of the House Freedom Caucus, the group of 40-odd far-right Jacobins who first sabotaged Boehner’s speakership and then torpedoed the candidacy of his chosen replacement, Kevin McCarthy.

In the great tradition of doomed revolutionaries, the Freedom Caucus prefers death, or at least political annihilation – which will be theirs one day, and sooner than they think – to the dishonor of compromise. It’s easy to make fun of the vainglory and self-importance embodied in the group’s name, but it strikes me as accurate enough. They have declared themselves free of all the responsibilities of government, free from the need to discuss or negotiate or pass any legislation that has the slightest chance of being enacted. They represent freedom in precisely the same sense that death represents freedom from being alive. They could just as well be called the Suicide Caucus – or the Satanic Caucus, in the grandiose spirit of Milton’s fallen angel, who fights on with no hope of victory: “To do ought good never will be our task,/ But ever to do ill our sole delight.”

Let congress burn

Yup, this how much so-called "Constitutional Conservatives" actually love the Constitution.

He's being touted as the only potential speaker to save the GOP from itself, but the base doesn't want Paul Ryan

The wingnuts are after Paul Ryan’s scalp: “The man’s a menace” - Salon.com

With reports that both John Boehner and Kevin McCarthy are begging Rep. Paul Ryan to run for House Speaker and the editors at NRO calling on him to fall on his sword for the good of the party, Ryan will have to look past the fawning to see the trap the GOP establishment is laying for him.

While calls for Ryan to jump into the speaker’s race may be mounting, they are hardly deep enough to be emanating from the right-wing base, which seems to be working up its machine to lay claim to its third “establishment” victim in two weeks.

Paul Ryan has been the brains behind most of the fiscal deals John Boehner has cut with Barack Obama. Then there are his votes.

While in Congress, he voted for No Child Left Behind, the Prescription Drug Benefit, TARP, caps on CEO pay, the AIG bill, the GM bailout, the debt ceiling, and now the fiscal cliff. In fact, Paul Ryan is one of less than a dozen Republican congressmen to have voted for every bailout to come before Congress.

Let congress burn

Who says Congress isnt functioning, dunceoid? And Obama has failed at everything he's done in his presidency.

Let congress burn

Who says Congress isnt functioning, dunceoid? And Obama has failed at everything he's done in his presidency.
Obama was elected as a liberal to enact liberal policies. The fact that conservatives despise what he is doing is proof he is succeeding

Forum List

Back