🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Dump McCarthy For Speaker!

People that follow national politics know in the back of their mind that this process playing out where Representative Kevin McCarthy seems to be a shoe-in to become the next Speaker of the House is like watching a train wreck occur in slow motion. A Speaker McCarthy is going to be pressured and manipulated by the far right of the Republican Party producing disastrous results. Anyone that has followed Kevin McCarthy's career knows he has at minimum deep sympathies with the far-right in the Republican caucus; this faction of the Republicans cannot govern their too unrealistic their too tunnel vision about their ideals the Republican Party doesn't have the power to accomplish what this faction wants to accomplish they don't get this!

America needs a Speaker that can be a reliable partner to Mitch McConnell like John Boehner and get things done for the country. Kevin McCarthy is at best an unknown entity Senator McConnell will not know whether he can count on him to get bills through the House so this will obstruct Senator McConnell from getting things done in the Senate. Senator McConnell is a leader that knows how to govern meaning that when your party doesn't hold all the levers of power you have to scale back your ambitions. From all indications Representative McCarthy doesn't seem to fully get this resulting in the big question will the House be able to fulfill its role in governing if Mr. McCarthy is the Speaker.

One example is that it is really hurting the country that the charter of the Export/Import Bank has not been renewed, it needs to be renewed now and there is no legitimate question on whether or not it should be. This failure to renew by Congress is causing real tangible hardship; businesses are moving operations off shore to a country that has such a bank , U.S. businesses are losing contracts because of this. All this harm is not trumped by a representatives ideal or principle that U.S. taxpayer revenue should not be backstopping the credit such a bank provides the amount of taxpayer monies on the line here is peanuts compared to the nation's entire liability this line of argument does not hold water. The Republican right wing opposition to the bank doesn't make sense the Republicans are supposed to be pro-business Republicans have long stood for having credit flow to businesses so they can prosper. These far right Republicans are contradicting themselves here because many of them are in favor of doing away with Fannie and Freddie and replacing it with a system where the private sector absorbs initial credit losses if they occur and then the Federal Government will backstop the creditors, why the double standard guys? Private sector lenders really cannot replace the Export/Import bank because the loans are made to foreign government tough to collect on defaults here plus the Export/Import Bank is profitable and is not in any real danger of catastrophic losses. Kevin McCarthy is against renewing the charter and is a zealot about this, the country needs such a guy as a speaker like they need a hole in the head.

America has a Speaker in waiting in Paul Ryan. Mr. Ryan is cut from the same cloth as Mr. McConnell they both are not extremists one can trust them to govern. The country from all political persuasions likes and greatly respects Mr. Ryan from his run for Vice-President. Mr. Ryan as Speaker would be a good mouthpiece on advocating the House "govern" he would get traction in public support for his leadership so that he would be able to provide cover for non-far right House member to vote for the House to govern. Mr. McCarthy would not provide such cover for his fellow caucus members because he would be too busy trying to cater to the far right part of the Republican Party. It's a long shot because Mr. Ryan wants to stay in his chairmanship but rank and file House Republican members should lobby Mr. Ryan to run for the Speakership. What also is needed here is for Democrat House members to show virtue and due their duty and vote for the best candidate that runs for Speaker not just oppose all Republican candidates because their from the other Party!

The problem here is that people are fed up with the likes of Mitch McConnell that accomplish virtually nothing.

It is what it is. Deal with it.
Agreed
He is the typical Rinorepublican... Other words a progressive.

Congress is a one party organization... Obamas party and his puppet masters(lobbyists).

Embrace the suck

Newt was driven out of office when he shut down the government in a temper tantrum because he had to sit in the back of Airforce 1

Shutting down the government is the only option...

Otherwise it's one party rule... The progressive party

That is really the only tool you have left in your toolbox isn't it?

Then after the government is shutdown, all you can do is whimper because the parks are shut down

Obama slapped you around last time you played that game, now you want to do it with an election coming up next year? You guys are politically clueless

Obama slapped around the Rinorepublicans as he always does, then they joined their fellow progressives(dems) and opened the government up again.

Spineless as usual

What would make you think this one will be any different?
Someone has to try... No more debt.

Apparently you like our country being in debt??
the debt ceiling is debt congress has ALREADY spent....

just like all of us, we have to pay our debts if we owe people....

Raising the debt ceiling does not stop congress from cutting spending on future debt.....to reduce it.

Raising the debt ceiling simply is paying our BILLS....of what was spent.

Well, the progressive Rinorepublicans have done everything Obama has told them to do... Epic fail.
Embrace the suck

Your rejection of what you call RINOs who are in fact the real Republicans is destroying your party

GOP infighting and refusal to compromise even among fellow Republicans is why your attempt at controlling Congress is such a farce
It's a farce because they bow to Obama and do everything he tells them to do.
That's why they are called Rinorepublicans... Spineless

Isn't Rinorepublicans redundant? You keep using it but it doesn't really make sense[/QUOs
Newt Gingrich for Speaker. He'd make Obama throw a real prissy his sy fit.

Newt was driven out of office when he shut down the government in a temper tantrum because he had to sit in the back of Airforce 1

Then after the government is shutdown, all you can do is whimper because the parks are shut down

Obama slapped you around last time you played that game, now you want to do it with an election coming up next year? You guys are politically clueless
I love how the left enjoys using corruption in government and tyranny to get their way instead of using the constitution.

I love how the right thinks that any time things don't go their way that the Constitution must have been violated
It certainly was regarding same-sex marriage. Chief Justice Roberts and I agree on that.

The democrats want a rubber stamp congress for Obama. When the opposition fulfills their constitutional duty they're accused of "obstruction".

Obama slapped around the Rinorepublicans as he always does, then they joined their fellow progressives(dems) and opened the government up again.

Spineless as usual

Raising the debt ceiling does not stop congress from cutting spending on future debt.....to reduce it.

I am 100% debt free, it's really, really, really easy to be debt free. You ask how is that possible?? Well, I have this much so I do not spend more than what I have, it that simple. Elementary.
Don't go in debt to begin with...it makes one the slave of the lender.
Absolute reality

No, not really. The should be no negotiation, stand your ground. War of attrition, all or nothing thinking.

stop projecting....

now go stamp your feet and demand the government be shut down again over an issue that only a minority of the county thinks is an issue....
The country is already broke... How could government shutdown hurt anymore?
Government shut downs, hurts all of us citizens and our Nation.

-It shows weakness in our congress and senate, which is shown throughout the World and to our enemies.

-It shows a divided Nation

-It shows we have no ethics, or financial responsibility to pay the debts we OWE to people we have borrowed from, to the businesses we have used services from, to the people our gvt has bought/purchased from, and to the people who work for the gvt.

-It can reduce our credit rating, as it did the last time, COSTING ALL OF US AMERICANS, billions if not trillions in the long run, from higher interest rates that we will have to pay on our National debt.

-Overall, it reduces the security of our Nation, the security of social security, and Medicare.

-It promotes the lack of confidence in our Nation's leaders, and lack of confidence in the market place.

-It hurts areas, like my own, with a National Park, and all the businesses and hotels surrounding the Park, like it did us, during the last shut down, during PEAK SEASON for Fall Foliage, the last time anyone in Maine in this region can make any money, prior to the deep freeze of winter. This also reduced the intake of federal taxes and State taxes collected from the lack of business.
Well, we are a divided nation we don't agree. What? You want one side just to lay down and disappear?
Big issues are always hard decisions... Got to draw the line somewhere and stand by it.
Well, the debt ceiling isn't the place to draw that line....

And Congress is useless if there is no compromise, nothing gets done, including reducing the spending and working on legislation to bring jobs...and investment from other nations and businesses in and out of the nation fall by the wayside....

They don't believe in governance. They hate the federal government because they have to allow blacks and gays to enter their businesses.

stop projecting....

now go stamp your feet and demand the government be shut down again over an issue that only a minority of the county thinks is an issue....

-It shows weakness in our congress and senate, which is shown throughout the World and to our enemies.

-It shows we have no ethics, or financial responsibility to pay the debts we OWE to people we have borrowed from, to the businesses we have used services from, to the people our gvt has bought/purchased from, and to the people who work for the gvt.

-It can reduce our credit rating, as it did the last time, COSTING ALL OF US AMERICANS, billions if not trillions in the long run, from higher interest rates that we will have to pay on our National debt.

-Overall, it reduces the security of our Nation, the security of social security, and Medicare.

-It promotes the lack of confidence in our Nation's leaders, and lack of confidence in the market place.

-It hurts areas, like my own, with a National Park, and all the businesses and hotels surrounding the Park, like it did us, during the last shut down, during PEAK SEASON for Fall Foliage, the last time anyone in Maine in this region can make any money, prior to the deep freeze of winter. This also reduced the intake of federal taxes and State taxes collected from the lack of business.
Well, we are a divided nation we don't agree. What? You want one side just to lay down and disappear?
Big issues are always hard decisions... Got to draw the line somewhere and stand by it.

And Congress is useless if there is no compromise, nothing gets done, including reducing the spending and working on legislation to bring jobs...and investment from other nations and businesses in and out of the nation fall by the wayside....

They don't believe in governance. They hate the federal government because they have to allow blacks and gays to enter their businesses.
:boohoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Spineless as usual

Republicans are not threatening to shut down government over debt, they are threatening to shut down over Planned Parenthood

stop projecting....

Aw, the race card is revealed. What are you?? a child???

I'm a minority, libertarians and real conservatives treat me with total respect.

Your barking up the wrong tree...

Now go hide

Spineless as usual

I am 100% debt free, it's really, really, really easy to be debt free. You ask how is that possible?? Well, I have this much so I do not spend more than what I have, it that simple. Elementary.
Absolute reality

Not me

I have a kickassed Mortgage at 3.5%

Debt is not always so bad

Spineless as usual

Republicans are not threatening to shut down government over debt, they are threatening to shut down over Planned Parenthood
It's over funding... Money we don't have.

Hate to break it to ya

Spineless as usual

Absolute reality

Not me

I have zero% interest and no payments... Better

Spineless as usual

Why doesn't the Republican Congress balance the budget?

That is what they have been elected to do

Absolute reality

Not me

I have zero% interest... Better

I invest the extra money in other venues at higher interest and get to write off my mortgage interest payment

Spineless as usual

Hate to break it to ya

Hate to break it to you...but the last shutdown cost $24 trillion and Planned Parenthood only gets $500 million a year

Republican fiscal responsibility

Spineless as usual

Why don't they stop spending and get out of debt first?
Wait, I know, the are Rinorepublicans... Other Words progressives.

Spineless as usual

Why are you asking me?

Republicans control Congress, why haven't they balanced the budget?

Spineless as usual

Hate to break it to ya

Hate to break it to you...but the last shutdown cost $24 trillion and Planned Parenthood only gets $500 million a year

Republican fiscal responsibility
24 trillion? Back that up.
You have No proof.

Why are you asking me?

Republicans control Congress, why haven't they balanced the budget?
No one can till the country is out of debt, impossible.
Can you say fiscal gap???

Embrace the suck

Forum List

Back