Republicans, I have a feeling...

Why are you suddenly so comfortable with the further erosion of your freedoms?
It's your right to vote, why should any impediment be put in place for that?

Why is showing an ID before you vote bad, but showing an ID before I buy a new gun or ammo a good thing

**sigh**
Why are you suddenly so comfortable with the further erosion of your freedoms?
It's your right to vote, why should any impediment be put in place for that?

Proving identity isnt diminishing my rights.

Yet democrats take no issue with showing ID to excersize other rights.. That leads to only one conclusion. The need to cheat.......

And there's been no real documented cases of vote fraud.
Why do you persist in this lie?

Minnesota Majority

Minnesota Majority today released a report on voter fraud convictions stemming from Minnesota’s 2008 general election. The report finds that 113 individuals who voted illegally in the 2008 election have been convicted of the crime, “ineligible voter knowingly votes” under Minnesota Statute 201.014.

“As far as we can tell, this is the largest number of voter fraud convictions arising from a single election in the past 75 years,” said Minnesota Majority president Jeff Davis, “Prosecutions are still underway and so there will likely be even more convictions.”

--

Minnesota’s recent charges and convictions stem from research initiated by Minnesota Majority. The research identified upwards of 2,800 ineligible felons believed to have unlawfully voted in Minnesota’s 2008 general election.​

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

You do know that those 2 dozen people had to have id to board the planes, right? And their military ID must be current and it does have their picture on it.

This is the stupidest topic in the history of this site. Of fcuking course you should need an valid ID in order to be able to vote. Anybody who thinks it irrelevant has the IQ of a small soap dish. Of fucking course there is going to be fraud when you dont have to show ID.:2up:

If somebody were being held to account for not signing an imnportant document and the excuse from the person was a hangnail, only a liberal would think it patently unfair to hold the person to account.

There are already laws in every state seriously penalizing illegal voting. Why would anyone risk doing prison time to add one more vote, fraudulantly, to any election? They wouldn't and they dont. "voter fraud" as tiny an occurance as it is is almost always commited by people that did not know they were doing anything wrong. It is so rare that statistically it does not and has not ever affected the results of any election on record.

Let's turn this around and ask the only question that matters when making law. What PROOF of injury is there that requires addressing?

Minnesota Majority

“These convictions are just the tip of the iceberg,” said Davis. “The actual number of illegal votes cast was in the thousands. Most unlawful voters were never charged with a crime because they simply pled ignorance. We have evidence of these people casting illegal ballots, but in Minnesota, ignorance of election law is considered to be an acceptable defense.”​

This is the stupidest topic in the history of this site. Of fcuking course you should need an valid ID in order to be able to vote. Anybody who thinks it irrelevant has the IQ of a small soap dish. Of fucking course there is going to be fraud when you dont have to show ID.:2up:

If somebody were being held to account for not signing an imnportant document and the excuse from the person was a hangnail, only a liberal would think it patently unfair to hold the person to account.

There are already laws in every state seriously penalizing illegal voting. Why would anyone risk doing prison time to add one more vote, fraudulantly, to any election? They wouldn't and they dont. "voter fraud" as tiny an occurance as it is is almost always commited by people that did not know they were doing anything wrong. It is so rare that statistically it does not and has not ever affected the results of any election on record.

Let's turn this around and ask the only question that matters when making law. What PROOF of injury is there that requires addressing?

Minnesota Majority

“These convictions are just the tip of the iceberg,” said Davis. “The actual number of illegal votes cast was in the thousands. Most unlawful voters were never charged with a crime because they simply pled ignorance. We have evidence of these people casting illegal ballots, but in Minnesota, ignorance of election law is considered to be an acceptable defense.”​

Your own evidense does not exactly back up any claim that required legislation to correct.

"The highest number of convictions ever recorded in the United States came from the 1936 Jackson County, Missouri elections in which 259 individuals were convicted of voter fraud. A more recent five-year probe by the United States Department of Justice identified just 53 convictions for voter fraud nationwide."

The most recent 113 alleged convictions are statistcally insignificant unless you can prove there was ome kind of conspiracy to have these people all vote one way or the other.

Without that for all you know in a close election those votes could have been split.

With all due respect Huggy SA requires voter identification. The Jimmeh, the guy I love to trash but I actually know he's got a heart of gold, demands voter ID before his group goes in to monitor a foreign election.

We are Americans. We are the free-est country in the world. We do not murder our political opponents. Comparing our needs and freedom to the countries Carter risks his life to monitor is an insult to America. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Yes, because voter fraud only occurs in those other countries. :lol:

Minnesota Majority

Your own evidense does not exactly back up any claim that required legislation to correct.

"The highest number of convictions ever recorded in the United States came from the 1936 Jackson County, Missouri elections in which 259 individuals were convicted of voter fraud. A more recent five-year probe by the United States Department of Justice identified just 53 convictions for voter fraud nationwide."

The most recent 113 alleged convictions are statistcally insignificant unless you can prove there was ome kind of conspiracy to have these people all vote one way or the other.

Without that for all you know in a close election those votes could have been split.

AMAZING....Given our state laws and the requirements to prove fraud

Talking trash..

You are a good ron sims lackey...........

Minnesota Majority

AMAZING....Given our state laws and the requirements to prove fraud

Talking trash..

You are a good ron sims lackey...........

Thank you for that. It takes the sting out of your insults when you associate me with people I have never heard of.

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

YOU
ARE
FULL
OF
SHIT

I was in the service, no one ever fucking ever had to fly anywhere to vote you lying douche bag.

And guess what liar, you MILITARY ID comes with a PICTURE, which is all you need.

fucking asshole

How does someone as dumb as you manage to turn on a computer?

YOU
ARE
FULL
OF
SHIT

I was in the service, no one ever fucking ever had to fly anywhere to vote you lying douche bag.

And guess what liar, you MILITARY ID comes with a PICTURE, which is all you need.

fucking asshole

How does someone as dumb as you manage to turn on a computer?

That's what I was getting at in a round about way. Your way is much more direct.

Minnesota Majority

I don't have to prove anything. And there is no such thing as an "alleged conviction", you moron. 113 people were convicted of the crime of voting illegally. And it doesn't matter who they voted for -- 113 legal voters had their votes nullified by illegal voters.

I have a problem with that.

Minnesota Majority

It's not alleged, it is 113, with many more not caught. It matters not who the votes are cast for, it is fraud.

Is it enough to make corrections?

I know your minimizing it is wrong.

There is a clear and precise plan in place which is going to be effective in suppressing voter turnout in some of the states. Only a moron would argue otherwise. I gotta hand it to the gop they are shrewd.

The GOP excuses voter fraud, so long as it works for them. Look at the way that almost none of them will address absentee ballot fraud, which is where 99% of the actual vote fraud occurs.

If someone actually cared about vote fraud, they'd go after it in all forms. They don't go after it in all forms. Therefore, most righties are lying when they say they care about the issue.

Now, they can prove they're not lying, by going after the absentee ballot vote fraud with the same fervor they've gone after the ID issue. We'll give them some time to get started.

The GOP excuses voter fraud, so long as it works for them. Look at the way that almost none of them will address absentee ballot fraud, which is where 99% of the actual vote fraud occurs.

If someone actually cared about vote fraud, they'd go after it in all forms. They don't go after it in all forms. Therefore, most righties are lying when they say they care about the issue.

Now, they can prove they're not lying, by going after the absentee ballot vote fraud with the same fervor they've gone after the ID issue. We'll give them some time to get started.

You're right, the Dems are also good at using fraud in this area, but how does that help the GOP?

Republican leaders have already admitted it's a "race thing" and it's a plan to undermine democracy and win the election.

There simply is no down side to voter ID requirements. The argument of disenfranchisement has been debunked.

With regard to fixing a problem that doesn't exist, that certainly did not stop the left when it came to birth control access, did it? They still decided to go ahead with violating the Constitutional rights of the citizens in favor of fixing a problem that did not exist.

And THAT does have a downside.

Republican leaders have already admitted it's a "race thing" and it's a plan to undermine democracy and win the election.

rderp takes some rather offhand concession by a couple of GOp-ers (to the effect that proper voter registration and ID laws might impact more on some black voters) and transmutes it through the alchemy of his dementia into something they never said.

Alternatively put, rderp spins and spins and weaves the lie.

rderp is pathetically dishonest.

Forum List

Back