Republicans, if you had the choice...

I'm sure you're paying attention. What I wonder is why don't you see your fellow Republicans doing the exact same things.
Because they dont
republicans keep politics in politics
I have liberal friends.....but they get shit for my friendship, my conservative friends do not hate me for friending them...the left is really really weird
you didn't see conservatives attack people for not attacking Obama personally......it was always about his shit policies.
Politics in football? Trump shouts "You're fired" about players who quietly protest.

Politics in friendship? I have a Sterling record of gentlemanly comportment here because that's how I was raised. Yet there are many Trumpian posters who take the low road and personally attack me for criticizing Trump, as is my right and duty to do as an American citizen.

I respctfully stay quiet in social situations when the topic of politics is brought up in social situations because I am mindful of the passions and temperaments among Trump supporters. I choke back my opinions in order to avoid the inevitable fight that would ensue. So, I assume, that some of my friends and acquaintances think that I am in lockstep with their attitudes due to my silence. Is silence complicity? In some outrageous cases, absolutely. But should our social fabric be rendered because of this divide? I pray that it will never be this.
no fuck you
there is nothing quiet about that protest and you know it
They never did it before, it's rude, disrespectful and un-American
We didn't want any of that in our football, you did, so you can go fuck yourself you liar.
and what does this message board have to do with anything?
I'm talking about friends, not posters on a board.

No lefties make political agreement a requirement for their friendship, much much much more than righties. Lefties will only eat at approved locations,
in other words, politics controls their only life
and if you have real friend politics shouldn't matter.....I have plenty, we mock each other and go on with life.....we agree on a lot more than we disagree, but those are center left

the hard left (ANTIFA, Hollywood, BLM, SJWs) are people who are beyond disgusting

The fact is you guys take politics personally in a way that we do not. we want the best for everyone but we don't threaten kids of presidents, we don't post names and dresses of border agents or gun owners to try and start violence........those people are the lowest of the low.
Well, I tried to be respectful and cordial. But I got "No, fuck you" in return. Are you trying to make my point for me?

And I thought there could be a constructive dialogue. Maybe because your handle is Buckeye45_73 which I thought might be a homage to Archie Griffin and my alma mater The Ohio State University (class of 1979).

But I find that your response and attitude is just as toxic as many other Trumpians. Are you trying to convince me that this is the sort of behavior that is acceptable?

My attitude is fine, but if you try to play me, I will call you out and it will be profane.
the reason I said that, was when you tried to turn the NFL on to Trump. It started before him, people were pissed already.
In no way would Archie ever do that. I have no idea what Archie's politics are no do I want to know. Same for any player or coach.

Those players could have done something away from Game time and I and many others, might have been on board....but do not ever, EVER put personal politics into the sporting arena.....it's not the time or place. Unless it's something unifying like fighting a disease or patriotism

because sports and other places are to get away from politics, WE do not want politics ingrained with everything.

Excellent point. That's why the friggin' national anthem should never have been injected in there in the first place.

/offtopic

You guys don't get it do you?

"Get" what?

We got a guy upthread who doesn't get it fer sure. He reads the word "Republicans" and responds about "Democrats". Hope he's not a taxi driver. You could end up in Ogden Utah.

Trump is not a Democrat vs. Republican thing.

Totally agree with that. No doubt. But that's not the point here.

Trump is a retaliation against the status quo. Good or Bad.
Neither the GOP or the Dems get it. Trump is very popular, both parties bashing him non-stop as well as constantly insulting "his supporters"... will not have good results for either party.
It will not surprise me if we see a number of incumbents replaced.

All off the point, isn't it?

Is it?
What I am saying is Trump is his own "party".
Therefore the usual party politics don't apply. As in "Who can the Republicans vote for to beat Trump"....will first, that assumes the majority of Republican voters want him out....which is certainly not true.
Secondly, Trump is more popular among Democrats than Obama was with Republicans.
So... does it matter who either party puts up?
Right now Trump would likely beat anybody

Yep, you're still sidestepping the question completely.
As I said another guy up there does the same thing by trying to change the topic from "Republicans" to "Democrats". Both are trying to evade the question.

The OP is addressed to "Republicans" -- that means those affiliated with, or inclined to vote for, that political party. It's got nothing to do with Rump.

It has everything to do with "Rump"...Trump is who they would be running against.

What kind of challenger? Somebody like McCain?
Someone like Haley or Kasich or Flake

Kasich and Flake should really switch to the Democrat side, I think either one of them could do pretty well. They both hate President Trump, but are a lot more centrist than Hillary, Warren, Sanders, Biden.

Nominating Gov. Kasich could help attract Right To Work people, and pro life people to the Democrat ticket.
Kasich polls awefull, too bad! He can not win!

"Get" what?

We got a guy upthread who doesn't get it fer sure. He reads the word "Republicans" and responds about "Democrats". Hope he's not a taxi driver. You could end up in Ogden Utah.

Trump is not a Democrat vs. Republican thing.

Totally agree with that. No doubt. But that's not the point here.

Trump is a retaliation against the status quo. Good or Bad.
Neither the GOP or the Dems get it. Trump is very popular, both parties bashing him non-stop as well as constantly insulting "his supporters"... will not have good results for either party.
It will not surprise me if we see a number of incumbents replaced.

All off the point, isn't it?

Is it?
What I am saying is Trump is his own "party".
Therefore the usual party politics don't apply. As in "Who can the Republicans vote for to beat Trump"....will first, that assumes the majority of Republican voters want him out....which is certainly not true.
Secondly, Trump is more popular among Democrats than Obama was with Republicans.
So... does it matter who either party puts up?
Right now Trump would likely beat anybody

Yep, you're still sidestepping the question completely.
As I said another guy up there does the same thing by trying to change the topic from "Republicans" to "Democrats". Both are trying to evade the question.

The OP is addressed to "Republicans" -- that means those affiliated with, or inclined to vote for, that political party. It's got nothing to do with Rump.

It has everything to do with "Rump"...Trump is who they would be running against.

Easily resolved. Roll the tape, post 1.

If there was a a Republican challenger to Donald Trump in 2020, would you consider her/him? Who would you consider the most?

So no, it's not about Rump --- it's about his potential challenger. And who would qualify as such.

Your "war" does not enjoy the virtue of integrity if your complaint about political parties not having standards, considering the lack of standards in the GOP.

Comrade, didn't one of your little Goebbels just shamelessly lie that Donald Trump is mass murdering children by sending them into Zyklon B filled showers?

UNREAL! MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Claims ILLEGAL Immigration Officials Are Nazi's... "Marching Children to Showers"

Exactly WHAT do you Stalinists have to say about "standards?" :dunno:

You're fucking psychopaths - irrefutable.

Your "war" does not enjoy the virtue of integrity if your complaint about political parties not having standards, considering the lack of standards in the GOP.

Comrade, didn't one of your little Goebbels just shamelessly lie that Donald Trump is mass murdering children by sending them into Zyklon B filled showers?

UNREAL! MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Claims ILLEGAL Immigration Officials Are Nazi's... "Marching Children to Showers"

Exactly WHAT do you Stalinists have to say about "standards?" :dunno:

You're fucking psychopaths - irrefutable.
Fake Alt Right Media analysis

It's a lie.

Move along, alt right, you are not wanted in America

Do you see the current state of the Republican Party as one of stability and leadership?

Far more so than you Stalinist democrats

Republicans themselves are decrying the state of the party as "cultish" and "divisive".

Speaking of which, have you said your prayers to Obama and kowtowed toward West Hollywood tonight?

I'm not saying that, while the Democrat Party is a healthy institution. It's rudderless and in desperate need of a leader. But, from the cheap seats, the GOP ain't all roses and champagne.

You're fucking Stalinists, flat out evil and determined to burn the country to the ground. You are waging civil war to put an end to the United States Constitution and will soon spawn an actual shooting war as you attempt to subvert the bill of rights.

You're pigs, animals, gutter scum.

To my Republican friends-

If there was a a Republican challenger to Donald Trump in 2020, would you consider her/him? Who would you consider the most?

hell no....I love trumps policies, but even more is how much you guys hate him

the more you hate, the more I love.....he embarrasses you guys on an hourly basis
What's more important: effective government or partisan division? Because you strike me as a divisive guy unconcerned about political results.

Democrats refuse to hold their Party to any standards of decorum anymore and they guiltlessly blame Trump.

As far as I'm concerned, other than a few exceptions, it's War on the USMB's Democratic Party hypocrites and freaks.

Call it tough love if you'd like but my lines have been crossed.... :eusa_angel:
uh oh! :eek: :eek:

You wage civil war on the United States Constitution, you engage in treason, so why should you be surprised that the normals rise up to fight back against you Stalinist scum?

The alt right are pieces of shits and lowlifes, nothing more.

The real GOP will have nothing to do with them.

To my Republican friends-

the more you hate, the more I love.....he embarrasses you guys on an hourly basis
What's more important: effective government or partisan division? Because you strike me as a divisive guy unconcerned about political results.

Democrats refuse to hold their Party to any standards of decorum anymore and they guiltlessly blame Trump.

As far as I'm concerned, other than a few exceptions, it's War on the USMB's Democratic Party hypocrites and freaks.

Call it tough love if you'd like but my lines have been crossed.... :eusa_angel:

You wage civil war on the United States Constitution, you engage in treason, so why should you be surprised that the normals rise up to fight back against you Stalinist scum?
I agree with the sentiment, only it will be liberals rising against those waging civil war on the U.S. Constitution, the Authoritarian, the treasonous! ;) :beer:

I agree with the sentiment, only it will be liberals rising against those waging civil war on the U.S. Constitution, the Authoritarian, the treasonous! ;) :beer:

Treason is the reason for the Stalinist democrat party.

You seek to destroy the Constitution, but the normals are woke. We are radicalized. Can you crush the first? Nope. Can you confiscate our guns and leave us defenseless subjects? Nope.

If you try, we kill you. Simple concept, one even you Stalinist traitors can follow.

I so want Nikki to run and kick trumps ass right out of the white house.. the universe would be stable again..

I doubt the members of the far right and alt right have even been normal. If they rise up against the Constitution, they will be summarily dispensed with and disposed forever.

What kind of challenger? Somebody like McCain?
Someone like Haley or Kasich or Flake

Kasich and Flake should really switch to the Democrat side, I think either one of them could do pretty well. They both hate President Trump, but are a lot more centrist than Hillary, Warren, Sanders, Biden.

Nominating Gov. Kasich could help attract Right To Work people, and pro life people to the Democrat ticket.

Kasich has changed on right to work and came out against it. That is a reason the right now hates him. He is actually more in line with older Raygun style conservatism .

Forum List

Back