Republicans Own Detroit Bankruptcy

Peach, I'm sure you are a very nice person, but you have no business discussing politics. You just don't know very much. And you don't pay attention to what you are typing.

If we go by your "logic" (bolded), then Obama being re-elected means that things have been good under him. Correct?

It's just like the OP - you wingnuts cannot talk out of both sides of your mouths and have it both ways.

As for Carter's re-election, he was primaried from the Left by Edward Kennedy. It was very divisive and split the Democratic Party.

If you knew more about politics, you would already be aware of this. Reagan barely beat Carter, and would have lost to a united Democratic Party.

I was in my twenties under Carter and he was a terrible President.
You are the one who should not be discussing politics and have no clue about facts.

I was a registered Conservative Democrat back then.

1980 Primaries
Carter - 51.13%
Kennedy - 37.58

The 1980 convention was notable as it was the last time in the 20th century, for either major party, that a candidate tried to get delegates released from their voting commitments. This was done by Massachusetts Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%
The Dems voted for Carter by almost 30%

You are upset that Conservative and Moderate Dem's did not want Kennedy.
Democrats who supported many conservative policies were instrumental in the election of Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1980. The "Reagan Democrats" were Democrats before the Reagan years, and afterward.

Regan barely beat Carter?

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

No, I am upset that Kennedy challenged Carter, giving the office to Reagan.

And why did you post percentage of popular vote instead of the vote totals? :lol:
HA!!!
You looked stupid for starting this thread. Now you look ridiculous trying to defend the indefensible.

The [federal] Government should never be in Housing in the first place, or Education, or Health Care.

... or retirement funds, or marriages, or our paychecks, or our light bulbs, or toilets, or our personal communications, or ....

That said I'm ok with local funding of police, fire, and rescue. And I'm ok with federal programs for a military to defend our borders, the coast guard to defend our shipping. Intellectual property programs to protect our property,.. maybe a few others.

I used to be ok with the FBI but not under the NSA umbrella. Never been ok with the ATF.

Last edited:
8.4% is low? If that was the rate now, you all would be screaming that Obama is destroying the world! :lol:

You wingnuts are hilarious!

compared to 17%, you bet it is. of course remember it was republicans who brought it down from the carter highs, not obama. Also remember if you had your money in a bank under nixon or ford, they were paying you 5% . what do you get under obama? less then 1% Sweet. but so typical of a lib not to look at the total picture

Blame your bank. Presidents do not set mortgage rates or savings account rates.

Inflation never rose higher than 12% under Carter.
Blame the banks?...Holy shit..
Look rocket scientist, the federal reserve sets interest rates. The rates are a reaction to economic conditions influenced mainly by government policy.
The rates for consumer loans and credit cards are market driven.
The fact of the matter is that Carter was a statist who thought government could fix everything. He mandated wage and price controls which of course violated about 436 laws on unintended consequences. He pissed off the Arabs and for the second time they kept their oil off the market and drove up the price of gas to the 2013 equivalent of over $4 per gallon.
Mortgage rates were 15% or even higher. Consumer loans for vehicles were 15% for people with outstanding credit.
With my first vehicle purchase in 1980 came a 19.17% interest rate.
Carter's presidency was a piece of shit.

Blame your bank. Presidents do not set mortgage rates or savings account rates.

Inflation never rose higher than 12% under Carter.

So, what you're telling us is you are incapable of telling the truth. Reagan obliterated Carter and inflation under good old Jimmy got to a high of 18% as Time magazine reported....

"He promises budget cuts and credit curbs, but more is needed

As Jimmy Carter stepped before the television cameras in the East Room of the White House last Friday, his task was not just to proclaim another new anti-inflation program but to calm a national alarm that had begun to border on panic. Inflation and interest rates, both topping 18%, are so far beyond anything that Americans have experienced in peacetime—and so far beyond anything that U.S. financial markets are set up to handle—as to inspire a contagion of fear. Usually confident businessmen and bankers have begun..."

Read more: Jimmy Carter vs. Inflation - TIME

"hovered around 12% at the time of the 1980 election campaign"

Jimmy Carter on Budget & Economy

Yes, I suppose 18% is "around" 12%. I love how they cherry picked the times they did. The lowest for those particular quarters. Those of us who lived at that time know the truth however. 17% inflation killed the housing market...among other things.

Peach, I'm sure you are a very nice person, but you have no business discussing politics. You just don't know very much. And you don't pay attention to what you are typing.

If we go by your "logic" (bolded), then Obama being re-elected means that things have been good under him. Correct?

It's just like the OP - you wingnuts cannot talk out of both sides of your mouths and have it both ways.

As for Carter's re-election, he was primaried from the Left by Edward Kennedy. It was very divisive and split the Democratic Party.

If you knew more about politics, you would already be aware of this. Reagan barely beat Carter, and would have lost to a united Democratic Party.

You are the one who should not be discussing politics and have no clue about facts.

1980 Primaries
Carter - 51.13%
Kennedy - 37.58

The 1980 convention was notable as it was the last time in the 20th century, for either major party, that a candidate tried to get delegates released from their voting commitments. This was done by Massachusetts Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%

Democrats who supported many conservative policies were instrumental in the election of Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1980. The "Reagan Democrats" were Democrats before the Reagan years, and afterward.

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

And why did you post percentage of popular vote instead of the vote totals? :lol:

tell us some more you don't know about political history :rolleyes:

1980 Primaries
Carter - 51.13%
Kennedy - 37.58

Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

Yep, synthy doesn't know much...and what he does know is wrong!:lol:

1980 Primaries
Carter - 51.13%
Kennedy - 37.58

Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

Are you claiming that Kennedy didn't primary Carter?

Or are you claiming that the Democrats weren't divided?

We're laughing your lack of knowledge :)

Only an idiot claims that the Dems were SO divided they allowed Reagan to win by one of the largest margins in history.

The USA will come back under Dems. Voodoo and pandering to the rich has been a disaster for 30-40 years...

Absolutely...!

I pine for the good old days when Jimmy Carter was president and everything was perfect... :)

He was better than Obama...Carter was a patriot; he was just totally incompetent and completely wrong. I truly believe that Obama WANTS to destroy the country.

We're laughing your lack of knowledge :)

Only an idiot claims that the Dems were SO divided they allowed Reagan to win by one of the largest margins in history.

Obama beat McCain with more votes than Reagan beat Carter.

Therefore, Obama has won with a larger margin of victory - one of the largest in history! :)

Forum List

Back