Republicans Own Detroit Bankruptcy

So things were that bad under him or he would have been re elected.
We the people threw him out because he was a terrible President and he had a 34% approval rating.

Peach, I'm sure you are a very nice person, but you have no business discussing politics. You just don't know very much. And you don't pay attention to what you are typing.

If we go by your "logic" (bolded), then Obama being re-elected means that things have been good under him. Correct?

It's just like the OP - you wingnuts cannot talk out of both sides of your mouths and have it both ways.

As for Carter's re-election, he was primaried from the Left by Edward Kennedy. It was very divisive and split the Democratic Party.

If you knew more about politics, you would already be aware of this. Reagan barely beat Carter, and would have lost to a united Democratic Party.

Reagan barely beat Carter!!!!

Check again.

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=1980

lol

Things were not bad when Carter was POTUS, no matter how much wingnuts try to rewrite history.

loved those 17% mortgage rates and high inflation
Which he inherited from Nixon/Ford.

Don't you remember Ford's WIN campaign? (Whip Inflation Now)

Why would Ford be campaigning on lowering inflation before Carter was elected POTUS? Answer: you're a moron.

Democratic Presidents are always cleaning up Republican messes.

Are you the reincarnation of Hugh Jim Bissel? say it fast and you will understand.

Things were not bad when Carter was POTUS, no matter how much wingnuts try to rewrite history.

Why would Ford be campaigning on lowering inflation before Carter was elected POTUS? Answer: you're a moron.

really? i bought my first house under ford. i had a nice low mortgage rate. 8.4% i beleive. yea he inherited it and then more than doubled it

really? i bought my first house under ford. i had a nice low mortgage rate. 8.4% i beleive. yea he inherited it and then more than doubled it
8.4% is low? If that was the rate now, you all would be screaming that Obama is destroying the world! :lol:

You wingnuts are hilarious!

8.4% is low? If that was the rate now, you all would be screaming that Obama is destroying the world! :lol:

compared to 17%, you bet it is. of course remember it was republicans who brought it down from the carter highs, not obama. Also remember if you had your money in a bank under nixon or ford, they were paying you 5% . what do you get under obama? less then 1% Sweet. but so typical of a lib not to look at the total picture

We the people threw him out because he was a terrible President and he had a 34% approval rating.

Peach, I'm sure you are a very nice person, but you have no business discussing politics. You just don't know very much. And you don't pay attention to what you are typing.

If we go by your "logic" (bolded), then Obama being re-elected means that things have been good under him. Correct?

It's just like the OP - you wingnuts cannot talk out of both sides of your mouths and have it both ways.

As for Carter's re-election, he was primaried from the Left by Edward Kennedy. It was very divisive and split the Democratic Party.

If you knew more about politics, you would already be aware of this. Reagan barely beat Carter, and would have lost to a united Democratic Party.

I was in my twenties under Carter and he was a terrible President.
You are the one who should not be discussing politics and have no clue about facts.

I was a registered Conservative Democrat back then.

1980 Primaries
Carter - 51.13%
Kennedy - 37.58

The 1980 convention was notable as it was the last time in the 20th century, for either major party, that a candidate tried to get delegates released from their voting commitments. This was done by Massachusetts Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%
The Dems voted for Carter by almost 30%

You are upset that Conservative and Moderate Dem's did not want Kennedy.
Democrats who supported many conservative policies were instrumental in the election of Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1980. The "Reagan Democrats" were Democrats before the Reagan years, and afterward.

Regan barely beat Carter?

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

Last edited:
Who has the control of the money in Washington, dumbass? the House or the President?

Answer that, moron.

I will answer that question since you don't have a clue how our government works. All MONEY bills come out of the House but the Senate, you know the Congressional branch that is controlled by the democrats. must concur and if they do the president must either agree to or veto. So in the final say its the democrats 100%.

So where do you get that Obama is raising the debt?

The ultimate responsibility lies with the single man wo signed it into law

Go ahead and bold that synth

Funny how obstructionist congress was? Huh?

The Democrats got what they wanted and Synth won't even give them credit for getting the damn thing passed

Good Lord Synth

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

The difference? Republican Rick Snyder has had a complete Republican majority in the State House and Senate, with no one to obstruct a thing.

The rest of Michigan is doing okay. It's Detroit, which has been Democrat-run for 5 decades that isn't doing well. This has nothing to do with Republicans or Governor Snyder.

Why can't you liberals admit that you screwed the pooch in Detroit? Because for you, denial is easier then reality.
Yeah? Been to Flint lately? When's the last time you were in Saginaw? A decade ago a person could stroll around down in old town with out a care in the world. . . not so sure that would be a good idea anymore.

Grand Rapids. . . Where President Ford is from? Depending on which section you are from, it is supposed to be the nicest town in the state, even parts of that town are sliding down. Let's not even get started in on Lansing. When I attended MSU, I had a delivery job there and delivered all over Ingham county, I saw it all. I wasn't pretty then, and it has only gotten worse, much worse in the intervening twenty years.

I've also had a sales job that took me to all parts of the State, everywhere but the U.P. and the South West corridor down to Chi Town. I've seen the Trolls and the Yoopers. It was bad then, and it's only gotten worse. It has NOTHING to do with the political affiliation of either party. NOTHING. It has to do with the global elites in both parties. There are really good politicians in both parties that care about this country. Politicians like Ron Paul, Mike Gravel, Ralph Nadar and Dennis Kucinich. Not those internationalist/globalist scumbags that are in office now. Any of them that aren't a part of the CFR, Trilateral or Bilderburger. Ones who don't take bribes from the international banking cartel or Oil Cartels and share their visions of a one world currency and outsourcing labor to the cheapest market where you can pollute a place where the population is too poor or too stupid and uneducated to give a shit.

Do I love free markets? You bet I do. But will I tolerate having American markets flooded by products made with child labor or in places where the environment is completely polluted just so Americans can lose their job as a result; while the CEO's and Wall Street investors, and your 401K make a bundle so the cities and towns that once built this nation crumble into disrepair? Not really. You know who did this? YOU DID!! The ignorant, dumb, the dumb ass stupid AMERICAN VOTER DID!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDND9SRJbs]Genius: "The Public Sucks." Look in the mirror voters. - YouTube[/ame]

Flint has also been run by democrats....Dayne Walling, 2009 to present, and has been under an emergency manager since 2011.
Saginaw was run by democrats until 2009 when Republican Gregory Branch took over....it's doing better, and is not under an emergency manager.

You're not going to find one big city in any state that isn't having some kind of problems. The biggest problem though seem to be where democrats are running them.

Mayor of the City of Flint, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the one who should not be discussing politics and have no clue about facts.

The 1980 convention was notable as it was the last time in the 20th century, for either major party, that a candidate tried to get delegates released from their voting commitments. This was done by Massachusetts Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%

Democrats who supported many conservative policies were instrumental in the election of Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1980. The "Reagan Democrats" were Democrats before the Reagan years, and afterward.

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

i guess he just figured as long as he was slinging the shit, he'd lay it on deep

compared to 17%, you bet it is. of course remember it was republicans who brought it down from the carter highs, not obama. Also remember if you had your money in a bank under nixon or ford, they were paying you 5% . what do you get under obama? less then 1% Sweet. but so typical of a lib not to look at the total picture

Blame your bank. Presidents do not set mortgage rates or savings account rates.

Inflation never rose higher than 12% under Carter.

yet you just tried to give obama credit for low mortgage rates a few posts ago. seems you not only talk out of both sides of your mouth but you bring your ass into play as well.

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thread that has ever been started on this message board.

Detroit has been run by democrats, blacks and unions for the last 60 years, its failure belongs exclusively on those three categories of people.

ROFL you say that like 12% annual inflation is a good thing.:cuckoo:

1980 Primaries
Carter - 51.13%
Kennedy - 37.58

Votes at the convention.
Carter - 63.63%
Kennedy - 34.38%

Popular vote
Regan - 50.8%
Carter - 41.0%

Electoral vote
Regan - 489
Carter -49

No, I am upset that Kennedy challenged Carter, giving the office to Reagan.

And why did you post percentage of popular vote instead of the vote totals? :lol:

yet you just tried to give obama credit for low mortgage rates a few posts ago. seems you not only talk out of both sides of your mouth but you bring your ass into play as well.

^^^^^ and BINGO was his name O ^^^^^^

Where? :lol:

So, what you're telling us is you are incapable of telling the truth. Reagan obliterated Carter and inflation under good old Jimmy got to a high of 18% as Time magazine reported....

"He promises budget cuts and credit curbs, but more is needed

As Jimmy Carter stepped before the television cameras in the East Room of the White House last Friday, his task was not just to proclaim another new anti-inflation program but to calm a national alarm that had begun to border on panic. Inflation and interest rates, both topping 18%, are so far beyond anything that Americans have experienced in peacetime—and so far beyond anything that U.S. financial markets are set up to handle—as to inspire a contagion of fear. Usually confident businessmen and bankers have begun..."

Read more: Jimmy Carter vs. Inflation - TIME

Forum List

Back