Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn’t Matter

And once again we see yet another clueless progressive leftist having no inkling of what they are talking about.
It's embarrassing. Painful to watch.
Hey shit for brains...do you understand the concept of "logic"?

If your refund is lower this year than last...you SHOULD have seen a pretty significant increase in your paycheck if you got a taxcut.

Do you not understand that really simple concept?

Your PAYCHECK would reflect the greater witholding that you notice in the refund but ALSO the tax cut.

If it doesn't show that increase...you didn't get SHIT for a tax cut...and MAY have gotten a tax INCREASE.

Look at the "Federal Tax" line on your return and compare

last year to this year if the above is too complicated for you

Jesus you people are stupid

This sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. What do you think?

Look stupid, you have started multiple ignorant troll threads on this topic. We have corrected your ignorance time and again. The tax reform bill updated the withholding tables so that people got to keep more of their money each paycheck vs the government withholding too much from their check. Yet you stupidly start thread after thread are you dense or something?

And Sen. Chuck Grassley said refunds are a “stupid” way of judging the GOP tax law.

WASHINGTON ― Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law, but Republicans insist nobody should be mad.

The law’s authors argue that people should not evaluate the new tax code based on the size of their refunds because refunds happen when workers have too much money withheld from their paychecks ― not necessarily because their taxes went up.

“Why don’t you write a story saying, ‘You’re stupid to look at your refund to see whether or not you got a tax increase or a decrease,’” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told HuffPost this week. “You can’t measure by the refund.”

More: Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn't Matter

Smoke and mirrors?

First off, this story starts by framing the issue as a "tax bill."

The motherfucker who wrote that shit is either a goddamn idiot, a fucking lying-ass liar, or both.

It's a tax RETURN, not the amount owed ("tax bill").

See, a tax RETURN is supposed to be giving back overpayments.

If your tax burden is lower, you get less withheld from your pay, which results in less being overpaid.

So, again, smoke and mirrors?

The person who wrote this is the one running the con:

Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law,

I should not be surprised that people are stupid enough believe this shit, but it still shocks me.

And once again we see yet another clueless progressive leftist having no inkling of what they are talking about.

If your refund is lower this year than last...you SHOULD have seen a pretty significant increase in your paycheck if you got a taxcut.

Your PAYCHECK would reflect the greater witholding that you notice in the refund but ALSO the tax cut.

If it doesn't show that increase...you didn't get SHIT for a tax cut...and MAY have gotten a tax INCREASE.

So, tell us, genius. Did your "tax bill" go up?

And Sen. Chuck Grassley said refunds are a “stupid” way of judging the GOP tax law.

WASHINGTON ― Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law, but Republicans insist nobody should be mad.

The law’s authors argue that people should not evaluate the new tax code based on the size of their refunds because refunds happen when workers have too much money withheld from their paychecks ― not necessarily because their taxes went up.

“Why don’t you write a story saying, ‘You’re stupid to look at your refund to see whether or not you got a tax increase or a decrease,’” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told HuffPost this week. “You can’t measure by the refund.”

It doesn’t matter. They are right. The “refund” is not really a refund. It is just right sizing your tax obligation. Wow, you’re really dumb.

Washington redskin,

The whole concept of withholding is retarded, Letting the federal government use someone’s money interest free for up to a year, how stupid can you get?

Grassley is a arrogant boob who thinks he is smarter than anyone else. People are not stupid if they want a big refund. Republicans wanted to play politics by changing the withholding tables. instead of letting the old tables remain in place and let people make adjustments after they see that.
Lol
Your a fucking retard, no one should be letting the federal government use their money for up to a year interest free… So shut the fuck up

Grassley is a arrogant boob who thinks he is smarter than anyone else. People are not stupid if they want a big refund. Republicans wanted to play politics by changing the withholding tables. instead of letting the old tables remain in place and let people make adjustments after they see that.
Yes, you're stupid if you think an important aspect of your taxes is the refund.

Stupid, stupid, STOOPIT!

You are the stupid arrogant asshole. Republicans would have been smarter to leave the withholding tables alone and let people see where thy stand and let people adjust their withholding if they want.

For some people it is depending on what they want. It is a way to buy something nice for yourself if you want.
Lol
No one should be getting any refunds back if they’re smart with their money… You silly little fucker

Smoke and mirrors?

First off, this story starts by framing the issue as a "tax bill."

The motherfucker who wrote that shit is either a goddamn idiot, a fucking lying-ass liar, or both.

It's a tax RETURN, not the amount owed ("tax bill").

See, a tax RETURN is supposed to be giving back overpayments.

If your tax burden is lower, you get less withheld from your pay, which results in less being overpaid.

So, again, smoke and mirrors?

The person who wrote this is the one running the con:

Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law,

I should not be surprised that people are stupid enough believe this shit, but it still shocks me.

A tax return could mean you owe or
They owe you. Damn Lesh. You are dumb.

Lol
Fucking retarded people are the ones of thinking that the withholding system is worth a shit, anyone that gets tax returns back is letting the fucked up federal government use their money for up to a year for free, interest free you silly motherfucker.

So, tell us, genius. Did your "tax bill" go up?

Haven't done my taxes yet. My paycheck is unchanged but my tax guy last year told me to be prepared to pay $2K more in taxes (actually end up with 2K less in refund)

Last edited:
Yes, you're stupid if you think an important aspect of your taxes is the refund.

Stupid, stupid, STOOPIT!
If we could tax stupid these idiots would be in the 90% bracket

No one should be getting any refunds back if they’re smart with their money… You silly little fucker

That's far from the point you stupid fuck. I figured that out years ago and decided to deal with it by having more money taken out of my check. It was nice to have a couple extra bucks in my check but I missed getting that refund check in April. I has previously used it for vacations and emergencies and without it...I found it difficult to set that money aside. I also miscalculated slightly one year and had to PAY.

So I made the decision to have that extra money taken out knowing it was a no interest loan to the government. Know what I realized? I liked getting that check in April a lot more than I cared about the $100 bucks in interest I was forgoing

NONE of that however changes the fact that if your refund is lower...a tax cut SHOULD mean your paycheck is larger. If it ain't...you didn't get a tax cut. But again. Your tax statement will very specifically note the amount of Federal tax paid. Look at it

People who use tax refunds as savings accounts are admitting they are too stupid to handle their own money

I will owe them, hopefully not more than 1/3 of total Tax due? Messy year. While it is now "simpler", well not for everyone. Self employment tax! Minus travel costs, yech. 1099s' state refunds. I hate it. I am OK with numbers but reading the instructions? Someday it will get easy I hope? I do pen & paper or enter numbers into PDF IRS forms, print mail.

Contractor work is still 4-5 pages of schedules. 401K rollover not clear? Two states to maybe file in? A real mess! hSA? Forget about that. ObamaCare made it impossible. I just let them figure out if I am wrong or owe.

I did not expect much if any of a refund but I also did not expect after paying quarterly tax payments of $17,000 that I'd end up owing the govt another $9000. I have never owed more than $500 at tax time. Good luck with yours.

ABNORMALS....The DUMBEST MOTHER FUCKERS ON THE PLANET!

Lead by an Injun full of fire water

o5HfjTa.jpg

That's far from the point you stupid fuck. I figured that out years ago and decided to deal with it by having more money taken out of my check. It was nice to have a couple extra bucks in my check but I missed getting that refund check in April. I has previously used it for vacations and emergencies and without it...I found it difficult to set that money aside. I also miscalculated slightly one year and had to PAY.

So I made the decision to have that extra money taken out knowing it was a no interest loan to the government. Know what I realized? I liked getting that check in April a lot more than I cared about the $100 bucks in interest I was forgoing

NONE of that however changes the fact that if your refund is lower...a tax cut SHOULD mean your paycheck is larger. If it ain't...you didn't get a tax cut. But again. Your tax statement will very specifically note the amount of Federal tax paid. Look at it
Lol
Do what you want, It’s been over 25 years since I’ve received any type of refund… I was stupid back then for doing it.
There’s no reason to let the government use your money for up to a year with no interest. The federal government does not deserve that. When you pay and you don’t have to pay any interest

People who use tax refunds as savings accounts are admitting they are too stupid to handle their own money

These same people tell us they are the most intelligent people on the planet.

When asked how much money they earn will respond with the take home amount of their paycheck.
When asked how much their home costs will respond with their monthly mortgage payment.
When asked how much their car costs will respond with their monthly payment.

I will owe them, hopefully not more than 1/3 of total Tax due? Messy year. While it is now "simpler", well not for everyone. Self employment tax! Minus travel costs, yech. 1099s' state refunds. I hate it. I am OK with numbers but reading the instructions? Someday it will get easy I hope? I do pen & paper or enter numbers into PDF IRS forms, print mail.

Contractor work is still 4-5 pages of schedules. 401K rollover not clear? Two states to maybe file in? A real mess! hSA? Forget about that. ObamaCare made it impossible. I just let them figure out if I am wrong or owe.

I did not expect much if any of a refund but I also did not expect after paying quarterly tax payments of $17,000 that I'd end up owing the govt another $9000. I have never owed more than $500 at tax time. Good luck with yours.
did you make more money than the previous year?

My taxes went down last year... what makes you think you know they didn't?

Forum List

Back