Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn’t Matter

And Sen. Chuck Grassley said refunds are a “stupid” way of judging the GOP tax law.

WASHINGTON ― Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law, but Republicans insist nobody should be mad.

The law’s authors argue that people should not evaluate the new tax code based on the size of their refunds because refunds happen when workers have too much money withheld from their paychecks ― not necessarily because their taxes went up.

“Why don’t you write a story saying, ‘You’re stupid to look at your refund to see whether or not you got a tax increase or a decrease,’” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told HuffPost this week. “You can’t measure by the refund.”

More: Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn't Matter

This sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. What do you think?
Gas lighting.

People who use tax refunds as savings accounts are admitting they are too stupid to handle their own money
Yea because the interest on 5K is $100 bucks (less if it's in a checking account). What moron would give THAT up huh?

Shut up stupid

And once again we see yet another clueless progressive leftist having no inkling of what they are talking about.
It's embarrassing. Painful to watch.
Hey shit for brains...do you understand the concept of "logic"?

If your refund is lower this year than last...you SHOULD have seen a pretty significant increase in your paycheck if you got a taxcut.

Do you not understand that really simple concept?

Your PAYCHECK would reflect the greater witholding that you notice in the refund but ALSO the tax cut.

If it doesn't show that increase...you didn't get SHIT for a tax cut...and MAY have gotten a tax INCREASE.

Look at the "Federal Tax" line on your return and compare

last year to this year if the above is too complicated for you

Jesus you people are stupid
My taxes went down last year... what makes you think you know they didn't?
What state? What bracket?

I agree with Grassley because my federal tax refund is based on the money I decide to have withheld. For me this is fairly simple given the fixed amount of my wife's 2 pensions, her Social Security and my 1 pension. Thus I only need to estimate our interest/dividend income from our savings and brokerage accounts and manage things by having taxes withheld on only my pension.

ABNORMALS....The DUMBEST MOTHER FUCKERS ON THE PLANET!

Lead by an Injun full of fire water

o5HfjTa.jpg

Hey stupid...that means your weekly paycheck should have increased significantly.

Did it?

And Sen. Chuck Grassley said refunds are a “stupid” way of judging the GOP tax law.

WASHINGTON ― Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law, but Republicans insist nobody should be mad.

The law’s authors argue that people should not evaluate the new tax code based on the size of their refunds because refunds happen when workers have too much money withheld from their paychecks ― not necessarily because their taxes went up.

“Why don’t you write a story saying, ‘You’re stupid to look at your refund to see whether or not you got a tax increase or a decrease,’” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told HuffPost this week. “You can’t measure by the refund.”

I think you are stupid as dirt. You pay less tax, you get a smaller refund.

People who use tax refunds as savings accounts are admitting they are too stupid to handle their own money
Yea because the interest on 5K is $100 bucks (less if it's in a checking account). What moron would give THAT up huh?

Shut up stupid
Hey it's the lying sack of shit responding to me with still no proof of his claims he made about me

So you give up a hundred dollars you could have earned for doing nothing?

Thank you for proving you are too stupid to handle your own money

I agree with them. If your taxes go down, your withholding should go down as well. That means you'll get more pay during the year, but not necessarily a bigger refund. The meaningful question isn't how big the refund is. The question is how much you paid in taxes for the year. Are people really this easily fooled?

In general, I've always seen a large refund as a failure. It means I could have kept more of my paycheck throughout there year, instead of loaning it to the government until next April.

I think you are stupid as dirt. You pay less tax, you get a smaller refund.
That's not even close to how it works stupid

Your payroll tax is advance payment on your Federal tax bill. If you pay less tax it shows up EITHER in your paycheck or your refund.

If neither increases...you didn't get a tax cut.

Shut up stupid
Hey it's the lying sack of shit responding to me with still no proof of his claims he made about me

So where exactly SHOULD that big $100 interest be put to maximise it's earnings?

Shut up stupid

So where exactly SHOULD that big $100 interest be put to maximise it's earnings?

Anywhere but in the hands of the governemnt you idiot

It's like most voters are hapless children:
Many Americans are accustomed to getting a tax refund in the first part of the year, and the way they plan to spend the money suggests they truly count on it, Gleckman said. A survey last year found that 44 percent of Americans polled said they would pay down debt if they got a refund from the new tax law. The average federal refund is about $3,000.

“For low-income people, if you’re unbanked ... this is really the only way you’ve got to save money,” Gleckman said.

Shut up stupid

What's "funny" is that you're spending post after post talking about to maximize the "earning power" on interest so small that no would would ever notice it.

Why?

Because you don't want people realizing that they got SHIT for a tax cut

It's like most voters are hapless children:
Many Americans are accustomed to getting a tax refund in the first part of the year, and the way they plan to spend the money suggests they truly count on it, Gleckman said. A survey last year found that 44 percent of Americans polled said they would pay down debt if they got a refund from the new tax law. The average federal refund is about $3,000.
How is paying down debt "childlike"?

A tax refund is not some kind of bonus the government hands out like so many of these tax preparations services make it sound.

All a refund means is that you're having too much withheld during the year.

Shut up stupid

What's "funny" is that you're spending post after post talking about to maximize the "earning power" on interest so small that no would would ever notice it.

Why?

Because you don't want people realizing that they got SHIT for a tax cut

There you go again telling me I said something I didn't say

Where did I use the term maximizing earning power in this thread?

You lying sack of shit

o5HfjTa.jpg

Hey stupid...that means your weekly paycheck should have increased significantly.

Did it?

There's no need for all the head-scratching. All you have to do is look at your taxes when you file them. They clearly show how much you are paying in taxes. Compare that to last year and see which is more.

So, would any of our correspondents say that the size of one's refund is NOT a stupid measure of the tax cut?

Seriously. It is STUPID.

The question is, HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY IN F.I.T.? The size of your refund is entirely dependent on how you filled out your W-4 form. You could still get a big refund, or no refund at all, or have to pay on April 15th. It has nothing to do with the tax cut or its effects.

A tax refund is not some kind of bonus the government hands out like so many of these tax preparations services make it sound.

It's not just tax preparers. Idiot workers parrot the same shit. I remember, at my very first job, I was filling out the W4, and the woman onboarding me told me to put down zero deductions, because that way I'd get a bigger refund! Even at sixteen I could see how fucking stupid that was.

o5HfjTa.jpg

Did it?

There's no need for all the head-scratching. All you have to do is look at your taxes when you file them. They clearly show how much you are paying in taxes. Compare that to last year and see which is more.
Stop killing them with facts and logic.....the DEATHRATS are continually killing themselves with killing babies showing how they really feel about blacks and an absolutely idiotic GREEN DEAL that would completely bankrupt the country

Forum List

Back