Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn’t Matter

Quit clutching pearls. Shit you haven't even bothered to check your own taxes. THAT's the point. Most people won't either...but they DO remember what their refund was and know how much they get paid.

Refunds depend on a lot of variables like the number of dependents you claim for tax withholding and deductions change from year to year. Total net taxes paid is the metric you want.
Don’t forget tax credits also.

These stupid Moon Bats don't understand the difference between a tax refund and an effective rate.

The effective rate for all but a few Americans went down under Trump's great tax refund.

Moon Bats are confused about things like this. They are confused about a lot of things.

Not partisan. I'm seriously hoping the Democrats can unseat Trump. I'm just tire of chickenshit politics.
The point is...you SHOULD already know if your check was larger in 2018.
Comparing that to your refund tells you how much if any tax cut you got.

WHy do you suppose Trumper/Republicans are trying to confuse that very simple issue?

They are afraid far too many people will realize that if they got a tax cut at all..it was pretty friggin small and millions got tax INCREASES
Comparing the ACTUAL TAX you paid in 2018 to the ACTUAL TAX you paid in 2017 tells you if you paid less in taxes

Fucking Idiot
Of course they should be sure to look in the right place.

What line is that again?
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Are you too stupid to figure it out?
Line 25 on that form. I happened to grab a 2015 form On that form it is line 44.

So hands up folks. How many pulled put last years return to check?

How many remember what their refund was last year.

How many don't know what their take home is now and what it was last year?

FIgure it out any way you want but check.
It doesn't matter how many people checked the point is that the size of your refund in no way tells you how much tax you paid. A refund only tells you how much you overpaid

So that's what we get out of this?

$30 a week...IF that?

$500 to $1000 is far more likely to be the benefit for most people...if they didn't get an increase.

What's that? $10-$15 a week if that? Yea...Dunkn Donuts one or twice a week is worth 1.2 trillion added to the debt.

Sure

You just keep proving how ignorant you are about handling money.

It seems you can't think beyond one week.

If you took all the money you let the government use for free and put it in a Roth IRA you would be in a much better position in retirement.

30 bucks a week can add up to a sizable nest egg

It could...if it were used that way. Was it?

WHat about $10/week?

People need to look at their checks and see if it is there. If you don't know you have it...you certainly can't do anything "smart" with it

That's what I'm trying to get people to do. Look at their fucking checks...ya fucking moron

The point is...you SHOULD already know if your check was larger in 2018.
Comparing that to your refund tells you how much if any tax cut you got.

WHy do you suppose Trumper/Republicans are trying to confuse that very simple issue?

They are afraid far too many people will realize that if they got a tax cut at all..it was pretty friggin small and millions got tax INCREASES
Comparing the ACTUAL TAX you paid in 2018 to the ACTUAL TAX you paid in 2017 tells you if you paid less in taxes

Fucking Idiot

What line is that again?

Line 25 on that form. I happened to grab a 2015 form On that form it is line 44.

It doesn't matter how many people checked the point is that the size of your refund in no way tells you how much tax you paid. A refund only tells you how much you overpaid
In no way? How stupid are you?

If your paycheck didn't increase your refund better have increased or you didn't get a tax cut. You disagree?

Fucking Idiot

What line is that again?

If your paycheck didn't increase your refund better have increased or you didn't get a tax cut. You disagree?

Your refund tells you nothing except for how stupid you are for overpaying

These stupid Moon Bats don't understand the difference between a tax refund and an effective rate.

The effective rate for all but a few Americans went down under Trump's great tax refund.

Moon Bats are confused about things like this. They are confused about a lot of things.
How do you calculate "effective rate"?

You think people are going to do that?

It could...if it were used that way. Was it?

WHat about $10/week?

People need to look at their checks and see if it is there. If you don't know you have it...you certainly can't do anything "smart" with it

That's what I'm trying to get people to do. Look at their fucking checks...ya fucking moron

I don't care how people use their money.

The fact is most people in this country are as ignorant as you about money.

What line is that again?

Do you actually dispute the FACT that a tax cut SHOULD increase your paycheck or your refund (or some combination of the two)?

Are you that stupid?

How do you calculate "effective rate"?

You think people are going to do that?

Divide the amount you owe by your total income and VOILA you have your effective tax rate

Do you actually dispute the FACT that a tax cut SHOULD increase your paycheck or your refund (or some combination of the two)?

Are you that stupid?

Do you actually think if less was taken out of your pay than the previous year you would most likely overpay less

Using over payments as a measure of tax rates is beyond stupid

I call bullshit on the effective rate going down. Yes, the standard deduction doubled. But personal exemptions disappeared. And the standard deduction was applied against itemized deductions, which you could use AND still get the personal exemptions. Any family with two kids that used the standard deduction got shit. And anyone with two kids or more that itemized deductions that were under twenty thousand got shit. And any family, with or without kids, that paid a lot in state income taxes got shit.

And the "adjustment" to the withholding tables was a complete and total scam. Your tax withholding is determined by your status. MI, or SI, or M2 etc. The M or S stands for single or married. But the number stands for the number of exemptions you have. Now EVERYONE has ZERO exemptions. So if the IRS withheld less from a M3 than an M1, and they did, then they knew good and well they were perpetuating a fraud.

What kind of nation increases the effective tax rate on middle income families with children in order to lower the effective tax rate of millionaires and how can that not be nothing less than income redistribution?

I call bullshit on the effective rate going down. Yes, the standard deduction doubled. But personal exemptions disappeared. And the standard deduction was applied against itemized deductions, which you could use AND still get the personal exemptions. Any family with two kids that used the standard deduction got shit. And anyone with two kids or more that itemized deductions that were under twenty thousand got shit. And any family, with or without kids, that paid a lot in state income taxes got shit.

And the "adjustment" to the withholding tables was a complete and total scam. Your tax withholding is determined by your status. MI, or SI, or M2 etc. The M or S stands for single or married. But the number stands for the number of exemptions you have. Now EVERYONE has ZERO exemptions. So if the IRS withheld less from a M3 than an M1, and they did, then they knew good and well they were perpetuating a fraud.

What kind of nation increases the effective tax rate on middle income families with children in order to lower the effective tax rate of millionaires and how can that not be nothing less than income redistribution?

Why should people with kids pay less tax than people without kids?

People with kids use more government services

Surrender accepted.

Hey...tell everyone why you're freaking out here.

You're terrified that people will realize how little they got LOL. And trying to tell them how greatful they should be for that Denny's breakfast they got.

Here we go big guy. Hit em with your wallet.

How much of a tax cut did YOU get?

What's your yearly income. Let's see who and what we're discussing and protecting

Surrender accepted.

Hey...tell everyone why you're freaking out here.

You're terrified that people will realize how little they got LOL. And trying to tell them how greatful they should be for that Denny's breakfast they got.

Here we go big guy. Hit em with your wallet.

How much of a tax cut did YOU get?

What's your yearly income. Let's see who and what we're discussing and protecting

Surrender to an idiot like you?

So when you post your tax returns here and give me proof that they are indeed yours maybe some other people will.

And quite frankly I don't know what my effective tax rate for last year was yet as my accountant has not finished them.

But I made some major changes to my business holdings so the comparison might not mean much

Why should people with kids pay less tax than people without kids?

People with kids use more government services

Those kids are the future of this nation. Investment in them, by the government, the community, and the parents, has always been the driving force behind America's "exceptionalism". If we really want to make America great again then we should return the percentage of the government budget devoted to our children to the levels they used to be. As it is, interest payments on the national debt will soon exceed the amount of money spent on children, the very children that will be responsible for paying off that debt. That is beyond stupid.

Forum List

Back