Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn’t Matter

Dude...shove the partisan bullshit.

Not partisan. I'm seriously hoping the Democrats can unseat Trump. I'm just tire of chickenshit politics.
The point is...you SHOULD already know if your check was larger in 2018.
Comparing that to your refund tells you how much if any tax cut you got.

WHy do you suppose Trumper/Republicans are trying to confuse that very simple issue?

They are afraid far too many people will realize that if they got a tax cut at all..it was pretty friggin small and millions got tax INCREASES
Comparing the ACTUAL TAX you paid in 2018 to the ACTUAL TAX you paid in 2017 tells you if you paid less in taxes

Fucking Idiot
Of course they should be sure to look in the right place.

What line is that again?
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

Are you too stupid to figure it out?
Line 25 on that form. I happened to grab a 2015 form On that form it is line 44.

So hands up folks. How many pulled put last years return to check?

How many remember what their refund was last year.

How many don't know what their take home is now and what it was last year?

FIgure it out any way you want but check.

Size of your refund is irrelevant. It is the actual taxes paid last tax year compared to this tax year.
Sure...if you pull out last years return and look in the correct place, Whichever

Refunds depend on a lot of variables like the number of dependents you claim for tax withholding and deductions change from year to year. Total net taxes paid is the metric you want.

Hypocrite lefties think the rich should be taxed into the poorhouse but they worry about their own tax refund check. What's wrong with this picture?

Size of your refund is irrelevant. It is the actual taxes paid last tax year compared to this tax year.
Sure...if you pull out last years return and look in the correct place, Whichever

2nd page of most return will have tax liability after all computations are made

compare that tax liability with this year on the same page should get you in the ballpark

What is owed or return to you is another story

I noticed your previous post but that is right compare tax liability from last year and what it is this year and it will tell you if the tax break did lower your taxes

Still for someone to say that the size of your tax return doesn't matter is hogwash

Just as many businesses depend on Christmas, they also depend on people getting a good tax return

Some car dealership are willing to do your taxes if you spend that refund on putting a down payment of buying a car from them

Businesses offer tax time promotions, early bird specials , and other marketing strategies gear toward tax refunds.

People do make plans on getting a good refund

Last edited:

2nd page of most return will have tax liability after all computations are made

compare that tax liability with this year on the same page should get you in the ballpark

What is owed or return to you is another story

I noticed your previous post but that is right compare tax liability from last year and what it is this year and it will tell you if the tax break did lower your taxes

Still for someone to say that the size of your tax return doesn't matter is hogwash

Just as many businesses depend on Christmas, they also depend on people getting a good tax return

Some car dealership are willing to do your taxes if you spend that refund on putting a down payment of buying a car from them

Businesses offer tax time promotions, early bird specials , and other marketing strategies gear toward tax refunds.

People do make plans on getting a good refund
What cracks me up is that the Trumpers are trying to pretend that refunds being lower (and that's on average) means nothing.

For a YEAR we've been told that the size of the paycheck isn't a reflection of the tax cut...well if it's no bigger and the refund is no bigger it certainly IS reflective of the tax cut...but hey...dig out last year's return and compare it to this year if you're at all unsure

Trumpers are counting most people not doing that

Dude...shove the partisan bullshit.

Not partisan. I'm seriously hoping the Democrats can unseat Trump. I'm just tire of chickenshit politics.
The point is...you SHOULD already know if your check was larger in 2018.
Comparing that to your refund tells you how much if any tax cut you got.

WHy do you suppose Trumper/Republicans are trying to confuse that very simple issue?
They're not. You are. Obviously one of the Democrats' talking points is to sell the idea that, because some people got lower refunds, the tax cut was bogus. It's not true. And you know it. But most people only remember what their refund check was, and you're counting on that to spread the fake perception that the tax cut wasn't real.

The funny thing is, I actually opposed the tax cut. Cutting taxes without balancing the budget is stealing from our children. But I also despise dishonest propaganda, and you're swimming in it.

ABNORMALS....The DUMBEST MOTHER FUCKERS ON THE PLANET!

Lead by an Injun full of fire water

o5HfjTa.jpg

Hey stupid...that means your weekly paycheck should have increased significantly.

Did it?
No it won't you stuipid goddamn fucked in the head retard.

If you pay 2000 less than the previous year, that means you would see a 38 dollar and change increase in your weekly check.

That is NOT a significant increase. It is, however, a long term and steady accumulation into your own pocket.

Now shut the fuck up and let the adults talk.

They're not. You are. Obviously one of the Democrats' talking points is to sell the idea that, because some people got lower refunds, the tax cut was bogus. It's not true. And you know it. But most people only remember what their refund check was, and you're counting on that to spread the fake perception that the tax cut wasn't real.

The funny thing is, I actually opposed the tax cut. Cutting taxes without balancing the budget is stealing from our children. But I also despise dishonest propaganda, and you're swimming in it.

Dude...just go check your fucking return will ya? Everything else is just noise

Have you done that yet?

o5HfjTa.jpg

Hey stupid...that means your weekly paycheck should have increased significantly.

Did it?

If you pay 2000 less than the previous year, that means you would see a 38 dollar and change increase in your weekly check.

That is NOT a significant increase. It is, however, a long term and steady accumulation into your own pocket.

Wait...so you're saying the tax cut didn't result in a significant benefit to middle class and poor folks? $15 or $30 a week while we added 1.5 trillion to the debt and bought rich fucks 6 figure yachts?

I agree.

And then there's the millions that got nothing or OWE $2000 because of it

This sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. What do you think?

I think you're stupid enough to believe that. I also think your complete inability to grasp the most simple basics about income taxes is a chilling indictment of your state's educational system.

o5HfjTa.jpg
e

Did it?

Wait...so you're saying the tax cut didn't result in a significant benefit to middle class and poor folks? O$15 or $30 a week while we added 1.5 trillion to the debt and bought rich fucks 6 figure yachts?

I agree.
Wow, you really are stupid. The tax cut DOES benefit everyone who earns an income. $30 a week, put into an IRA that builds compound interest will add up to 10's of of thousands per year after retirement.

I personally think that no citizen should pay a tax to the Federal Government. All taxes to the government should come from foreign trade, businesses, and a few other assorted venues like money from foreign nations who want our protection.

But turn your stupidity around. If its ONLY 30 dollars, why are the anti-American Democrats trying to claw it back so desperately?

Regardless, the nonsensical talking point that there would be a significant rise in the weekly check is now debunked. People should learn that their tax responsibilities are, and take the fucking time to plan accordingly.

If someone overpays their taxes by 5000 dollars, they are overpaying by 96 dollars a week. That 96 dollars, in a CD or a vacation fund could easily pay for their vacation every year without having the burden of giving the feds money at no interest.

So that's what we get out of this?

$30 a week...IF that?

$500 to $1000 is far more likely to be the benefit for most people...if they didn't get an increase.

What's that? $10-$15 a week if that? Yea...Dunkn Donuts one or twice a week is worth 1.2 trillion added to the debt.

Sure

Nah. You shut up. Stop playing the propaganda game. We need something real from the Democrats. Something more than spin

Ahhh Jesus...quit whining and got check your tax return stupid

And Sen. Chuck Grassley said refunds are a “stupid” way of judging the GOP tax law.

WASHINGTON ― Several million households may be getting a surprise tax bill this filing season because of the new GOP tax law, but Republicans insist nobody should be mad.

The law’s authors argue that people should not evaluate the new tax code based on the size of their refunds because refunds happen when workers have too much money withheld from their paychecks ― not necessarily because their taxes went up.

“Why don’t you write a story saying, ‘You’re stupid to look at your refund to see whether or not you got a tax increase or a decrease,’” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) told HuffPost this week. “You can’t measure by the refund.”

More: Republicans Say The Size Of Your Tax Refund Doesn't Matter

This sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. What do you think?

I think there are several million of them that voted for Trump in 2016 that won't be voting for him in 2020.

Forum List

Back