Republicans singing 19th Nervous Breakdown: Trump, better stop, and look around, because here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008
Republicans worry Trump is having a ‘public nervous breakdown’

Republicans are concerned that party leader Donald Trump is having a “public nervous breakdown”...the former president has made a number of insulting personal attacks against his Democratic rival since she moved to the top of the ticket.

New polls indicate Trump is slipping behind the vice president in the popular vote and races are tightening in battleground states.

“This is what you would call a public nervous breakdown,” Matthew Bartlett, a Republican strategist and former Trump state department appointee, told Politico.

“This is a guy who cut through the Republican primary like a knife through butter. This is a guy who pummeled a semi-conscious president in a debate and literally out of a race. And now this is a guy who cannot come to grips with a competitive presidential race that would require discipline and effective messaging,” Bartlett continued. “And we’re seeing a candidate and a campaign absolutely meltdown.”

You're the kind of person you meet at certain dismal, dull affairs
Center of a crowd, talking much too loud, running up and down the stairs
Well, it seems to me that you have seen too much in too few years
And though you've tried, you just can't hide, your eyes are edged with tears

You better stop and look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown

When you were a child, you were treated kind, but you were never brought up right
You were always spoiled with a thousand toys, but still you cried all night
Your mother who neglected you, owes a million dollars tax
And your father's still perfecting ways of making sealing wax

You better stop and look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Oh, who's to blame? That girl's just insane
Well, nothing I do don't seem to work
It only seems to make the matters worse, oh, please

It's as if the lyrics were written with somebody like Trump in mind. The words in the lyrics: You're the kind of person...Center of a crowd, talking much too loud, running up and down the stairs...When you were a child, you were treated kind, but you were never brought up right...You were always spoiled with a thousand toys, but still you cried all night. Your mother who neglected you, owes a million dollars tax...You were still in school when you had that fool who really messed your mind. And after that you turned your back on treating people kind.

Then this: On our first trip, I tried so hard to rearrange your mind But after a while I realized you were disarranging mine. Good gawd! Seriously. Tell me you don't see it? Come on. Try and tell me you don't.

Last edited:
  • Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
^obvious projection.
"projection?"

really?

Chair of the Vermont Republican Party, Paul Dame, predicted that Trump allies will start to wane in their defense of the former president.

“I think we’re starting to see the old Trump that a lot of Republicans got tired of in 2020, got tired of defending him,” Dame told USA Today. “If the next three months is defined by more examples like this I think he’s going to see some of that soft centrist support deteriorate.”

“We’re talking about Trump for the first time in two weeks,” Alex Conant told USA Today. “The risk is he’s reminding voters of the things they didn’t like in 2020, the reason why he’s not president now.”

Forum List

Back