Republicans so worried about the debt, yet they cause most of it.

This country was debt free for one year during Andrew Jackson Presidency since then we have been piling up debt under both Republican and Democrat administrations it’s the one thing both parties excel at.

and yet want to give the rich tax cuts, (how ignorant is that) :banghead: They must have brain damage.

and what will happen to global terrorism they ask , since they do not want to do anything about gun laws in the US, who by the way most mass shooters are white males and US citizens and even some vets, who in the hell cares.
Republicans have caused almost all of our current debt, and all of our current deficit - Bill Clinton left them with a SURPLUS!

and yet want to give the rich tax cuts, (how ignorant is that) :banghead: They must have brain damage.

and what will happen to global terrorism they ask , since they do not want to do anything about gun laws in the US, who by the way most mass shooters are white males and US citizens and even some vets, who in the hell cares.
Republicans have caused almost all of our current debt, and all of our current deficit - Bill Clinton left them with a SURPLUS!

Rip!! Rip?? Is that you???? Been asleep for the past 8 years??? How's Mrs. VanWinkle?

Don't throw nonsensical bullshit like that out and expect any sane person to buy into it.

Come on, Progs...

What is the specific tax structure you want?

Here, I'll lay it out for you....just add your numbers:

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

I don't know how many tax rates you guys want.

So, what are your numbers, Progs?
OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Ok, you're part way ..... under your scheme, how much tax revenue will the federal government receive over the next 35 years? How much extra money does that make available to programs?
Quite a bit. Quite a bit.
Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Ok, you're part way ..... under your scheme, how much tax revenue will the federal government receive over the next 35 years? How much extra money does that make available to programs?
Quite a bit... Quite a bit... Economics is not an exact science and your questions are simply obstructionist and stupid and exactly what the dupes can't get past. But Republicans and Reagan did not ask that these questions when they drop the top rate to 50 and then 28%... It's obvious to any unbrainwashed person that the rich pay too little and the rest are paying too much.

Rip!! Rip?? Is that you???? Been asleep for the past 8 years??? How's Mrs. VanWinkle?

Don't throw nonsensical bullshit like that out and expect any sane person to buy into it.
At least 80% of Obama's debt was caused by bailouts and assistance for the victims that were already in law, stupid. So many brainwashed functional morons and greedy a-holes...

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Quite a bit... Quite a bit... Economics is not an exact science and your questions are simply obstructionist and stupid and exactly what the dupes can't get past. But Republicans and Reagan did not ask that these questions when they drop the top rate to 50 and then 28%... It's obvious to any unbrainwashed person that the rich pay too little and the rest are paying too much.
Actually, the questions are germane and appropriate, and require an intelligent analysis of the proposal. You seem to be satisfied that those answers "look good" rather than "are good"

But, not to worry ---- the adults are going to take your suggestion and see what the answer is. I'll get back to you.

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Ok - since you seem to be incapable of actually analyzing your proposal, I have taken the opportunity to do that. Keeping in mind that I am forced to use exact income numbers, we found this:

1) There are 125.32 million households.
2) Therefore, the top 1% constitutes 1.25 million households.
3) The "average" top 1% taxpayer earned $380,000/year or more. How Much Money Do The Top Income Earners Make By Percentage?
4) Approxiymately 1.1 million (of those 1.25 million households) made between $300K and $999K Beyond the 1 percent
5) If we assume statistical distribution, that means that each of those 1.1 million earned $655K on average.
6) Since those 1.1 million households cover your 40% tax bracket, that means they generated $282 billion in taxes.
7) The remaining 1% ers (125,000) averaged $6 million per year income. Beyond the 1 percent
8) Thus, they would generate $375 billion in taxes.

Therefore, the top two tiers of your proposal would generate $657 billion in revenue.

9) The remaining 124.07 million households populate your final two tax brackets.
10) We know that the average household income in the US is about $53,000/year. Opinion | $250,000 a Year Is Not Middle Class
11) Given that your cutoff was $50K to pay taxes, for estimating purposes, we will simply estimate that one half of the households will pay no taxes (62 million households)
12) The remaining 61 million households will pay taxes at the 25% rate, according to your plan.
13) If you extrapolate, that means that those households will average about $73K in household income, with each paying $18,250 in taxes

Therefore, your third tax rate will generate $1.12 trillion.

Thus, your total tax plan will generate $1.76 trillion - far short of the current $4 trillion budget. If you were to raise the rates to 100% of everything above $1m, 80% of everything between $ 300K and $1M, and 50% of everything between $50K and $300K, you STILL wouldn't generate enough tax revenue.

Guess that didn't work, did it?

Further, that's assuming linear taxation from first dollar to last dollar - not something we do.

By the way, the CURRENT revenue projections say $2.2 trillion in income tax, and $582 billion in corporate taxes - still not enough to meet the proposed budget.

The point isn't that your plan was faulty, or that liberals who call for taxes on the rich as the panacea to fix all things, aren't thinking it through. The simple truth is we are outspending our capacity to generate revenue. We have a spending problem - pure and simple. There is NO way to generate the income needed to operate the government in its current configuration.

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Ok - since you seem to be incapable of actually analyzing your proposal, I have taken the opportunity to do that. Keeping in mind that I am forced to use exact income numbers, we found this:

3) The "average" top 1% taxpayer earned $380,000/year or more. How Much Money Do The Top Income Earners Make By Percentage?
4) Approxiymately 1.1 million (of those 1.25 million households) made between $300K and $999K Beyond the 1 percent
5) If we assume statistical distribution, that means that each of those 1.1 million earned $655K on average.
6) Since those 1.1 million households cover your 40% tax bracket, that means they generated $282 billion in taxes.
7) The remaining 1% ers (125,000) averaged $6 million per year income. Beyond the 1 percent

Therefore, the top two tiers of your proposal would generate $657 billion in revenue.

9) The remaining 124.07 million households populate your final two tax brackets.
10) We know that the average household income in the US is about $53,000/year. Opinion | $250,000 a Year Is Not Middle Class
11) Given that your cutoff was $50K to pay taxes, for estimating purposes, we will simply estimate that one half of the households will pay no taxes (62 million households)
12) The remaining 61 million households will pay taxes at the 25% rate, according to your plan.
13) If you extrapolate, that means that those households will average about $73K in household income, with each paying $18,250 in taxes

Thus, your total tax plan will generate $1.76 trillion - far short of the current $4 trillion budget. If you were to raise the rates to 100% of everything above $1m, 80% of everything between $ 300K and $1M, and 50% of everything between $50K and $300K, you STILL wouldn't generate enough tax revenue.

Further, that's assuming linear taxation from first dollar to last dollar - not something we do.

By the way, the CURRENT revenue projections say $2.2 trillion in income tax, and $582 billion in corporate taxes - still not enough to meet the proposed budget.

The point isn't that your plan was faulty, or that liberals who call for taxes on the rich as the panacea to fix all things, aren't thinking it through. The simple truth is we are outspending our capacity to generate revenue. We have a spending problem - pure and simple. There is NO way to generate the income needed to operate the government in its current configuration.

What!!! Your guessing franco can understand logic?

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Actually, I'm hoping everybody else can.

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Actually, the questions are germane and appropriate, and require an intelligent analysis of the proposal. You seem to be satisfied that those answers "look good" rather than "are good"

But, not to worry ---- the adults are going to take your suggestion and see what the answer is. I'll get back to you.
Blah blah. The important thing to remember is that rich Republicans of today are the worst rich people ever. They don't care about people they're brainwashed fools like you. Oh sorry how about those Indians?

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Tax the rich and giant corporations more like their fair share and things will get better, dingbat.

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Pub troll-the only kind... Check the signature... Any argument, dingbat? Paragraph one. It's from 2007 but it's always true since 1982...

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

You Dupes miss the forest for the trees. But thanks for all the b*******numbers...

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Come on, Progs...

Income Tax Rate
$0-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%
$x-$X.............X%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

Blah blah. The important thing to remember is that rich Republicans of today are the worst rich people ever. They don't care about people they're brainwashed fools like you. Oh sorry how about those Indians?
You have been summarily shamed in this thread several times.

You make accusations without a iota of factual basis. You offer nonsensical solutions that are, in a word, a joke. Yet, you continue to spew the same ideological sewage, without concern for accuracy or facts.

Brainwashed? Clearly --- you need treatment.

Tax the rich and giant corporations more like their fair share and things will get better, dingbat.
THERE AIN'T ENOUGH MONEY OUT THERE --- YOU CAN'T CONTINUE DOWN THIS SPENDING PATH, PERIOD!

All the blather and nonsensical proposals in the world aren't going to change one single fact - there just isn't enough money available.

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

OK lets do it

< $50 k..... 0
$50k- $300k......25%
$300k -1 mil......40%
$1 million plus....50%

You make accusations without a iota of factual basis. You offer nonsensical solutions that are, in a word, a joke. Yet, you continue to spew the same ideological sewage, without concern for accuracy or facts.

Wake up and smell the coffee for Christ's sake lol. Reaganism Pander to the rich Like you has been wrecking the country for 35 years... Read my signature paragraph one. fact for 35 years now.

Wake up and smell the coffee for Christ's sake lol. Reaganism Pander to the rich Like you has been wrecking the country for 35 years... Read my signature paragraph one. fact for 35 years now.
Try joining the argument Pub troll.

Forum List

Back