Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

You guys act like this is a game of hopscotch:eek:.

So the big business and unions get exempted until next year, but the working people of this country need to start shelling out now? The democrat I thought cared about the working cless, but I guess they really don't. The hypocritical bastards.

What a hypocrite you are. You claim to worry about certain people but don't give a shit about the millions of uninsured.

You mean the ones who remain uninsured under Obamacare anyway?

FYI, declaring that you care about something doesn't mean that you do, and it doesn't mean that your actions actually benefit that something.

Republicans passed a budget. Not our fault that the Democrats in the Senate and White House wont even consider a compromise.

And it's not exactly like this is going to hurt Republicans. I know that the conventional "wisdom" says that it will. But the last last big one still had Republicans Controlling Congress with more wins.

The GOP "Compromise" basically comes down to

A. Do not implement ACA

or

B. Do not implement ACA

Can you understand why the Senate isn't interested in this "compromise"

The Democrat "compromise" comes down to:

A. You will fund Obamacare

or

B. You will fund Obamacare while also sucking our dicks on the Capitol steps

But you're convinced that the GOP should leap right on THIS "compromise", AND that the Democrats are being incredibly generous by making the offer.

No, the democrats are not bringing ACA onto the table. ACA is being enacted on it's own automatically, since it's passed legislation.

ObamaCare was an election issue in 2008 and 2012.

In both elections Obama told the people that ObamaCare was coming.

In both elections, Obam's Republican opponent opposed ObamaCare.

The people voted for Obama.

The people spoke.

The law was passed.

Now Republicans are trying to destroy the law and overturn the results of the election.

There is a special place in hell for people who have such contempt for our great Democracy.

Yeah, and it'll be called "The Democrat Party", same as it is in life.

Tell you what, punkin, the next time you start wailing about the need to outlaw guns, or strike down marriage laws, or how wonderful Roe v Wade was, or virtually any damned thing in the leftist dogma, why don't I remind you how much you allegedly worship at the altar of "settled law" and "the people spoke, the law was passed"? Because I can't remember a single thing leftists have EVER stood for that didn't require a change in the laws that the people passed . . . and in most cases, lived quite happily with for ages before the leftist caterwauling.

Power of the Purse

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 7, clause 1

“No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7

Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government.

Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives
Thank you for a most germane link and enrichment of this discussion. ;)

The GOP "Compromise" basically comes down to

A. Do not implement ACA

or

B. Do not implement ACA

Can you understand why the Senate isn't interested in this "compromise"

or

But you're convinced that the GOP should leap right on THIS "compromise", AND that the Democrats are being incredibly generous by making the offer.

No, the democrats are not bringing ACA onto the table. ACA is being enacted on it's own automatically, since it's passed legislation.

So was Slave trade...JIM CROW...where are THEY now? Hmmmm?

IDIOT.

See, you're a complete waste of time, Porky..:lol:

Well it's not as if I didn't offer you an opportunity to explain yourself.

You couldn't. So if there was a waste of time, it was all yours.

No...IDIOTS as YOU don't like the answers...so into attack you go as per marching orders. Typical Statist Tyrant.

GET IT?
No, I don't get it since there was actually no answer provided that I could even say I don't like. There was no answer, period. That moron merely made a claim of he can't even demonstrate any evidence.

Get a life, and stop trying to change everyone else's that YOU don't like...and that goes for the rest of your leftist controlling buddies all the way UP to the WhiteHouse.
In the most respectful way I can say this ... fuck you. If you don't like other peoples' opinions, I highly recommend you stop perusing public Internet forums.

Well it's not as if I didn't offer you an opportunity to explain yourself.

You couldn't. So if there was a waste of time, it was all yours.

No...IDIOTS as YOU don't like the answers...so into attack you go as per marching orders. Typical Statist Tyrant.

GET IT?
No, I don't get it since there was actually no answer provided that I could even say I don't like. There was no answer, period. That moron merely made a claim of he can't even demonstrate any evidence.

Get a life, and stop trying to change everyone else's that YOU don't like...and that goes for the rest of your leftist controlling buddies all the way UP to the WhiteHouse.
In the most respectful way I can say this ... fuck you. If you don't like other peoples' opinions, I highly recommend you stop perusing public Internet forums.
Go learn your own Form of government...and KNOW that tyrants aren't allowed. *WE* have a way of dealing with your likes.

You didnt answer the question.
The Great Recession is not the problem. That's long past. The Not-So-Great Recovery is the problem. Virtually every metric on the economy is worse today than when Obama took office: household income, household wealth, etc etc. The only ones making out are the very wealthy.
Obama's recovery is worse than Bush's recession.
The Dems had unlimited access to government for 2 years and passed many programs and bills. Obama's control of the executive branch has gone on for 5 years. The result is the worst economy since the Great Depression.
You can't lie your way through this. As you've been informed, whether you comprehend it or not, two of the leading indicators of the economy are GDP and unemployment; and both have improved over the last four years.

Ahh, talking points. Without you, leftists would have to actually think . . . and then their heads would implode.
Talking points??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only to the brain-dead right is pointing out how GDP and unemployment are leading economic indicators, a talking point. It's a shame you can't actually debate points so you try to resort to undermine them with hollow exclamations like, "talking point!!" :eusa_boohoo:

You can't lie your way through this. As you've been informed, whether you comprehend it or not, two of the leading indicators of the economy are GDP and unemployment; and both have improved over the last four years.

Ahh, talking points. Without you, leftists would have to actually think . . . and then their heads would implode.
Talking points??

Only to the brain-dead right is pointing out how GDP and unemployment are leading economic indicators, a talking point. It's a shame you can't actually debate points so you try to resort to undermine them with hollow exclamations like, "talking point!!" :eusa_boohoo:

Actually? OUR economy IS on the decline thanks to Democrats and your KING, Obama.

LEARN YOUR GOVERNMENT.

or

IDIOT.
Those laws were voted out of existence through the legislative process which included the consent of the House, Senate, and president.

None of them were simply unfunded like the Republican-led House is attempting to do to ObamaCare

Perhaps, if you want to draw analogies, you should at least try to compare apples to apples by citing laws which were repealed without the consent of the House, Senate, and president?

Just sayin'

IDIOT.

What does this have to do with anything?

LAWS can be REPEALED. THAT is the point you gigunda MORON.

Just because they are LAW doesn't mean that's it, game over. Abide or else.

YOU show us ALL by your insipid question that YOU too have no fucking CLUE of structure of government much less LAW under A Constitutional Republic.

GO BACK TO SCHOOL.:eusa_hand:

Talking points??

Actually? OUR economy IS on the decline thanks to Democrats and your KING, Obama.

LEARN YOUR GOVERNMENT.
And yet, two of the leading economic talking points ... errrr ... indicators, GDP and unemployment, are better than when he started.

Can you post without being wrong?

GET IT?

Go learn your own Form of government...and KNOW that tyrants aren't allowed. *WE* have a way of dealing with your likes.

The "tyrants" are the ones trying to bring our government down unless we get rid of ObamaCare.

And they are on course to do just that.

Talking points??

LEARN YOUR GOVERNMENT.
And yet, two of the leading economic talking points ... errrr ... indicators, GDP and unemployment, are better than when he started.

And Indicators written by WHOM...?:eusa_hand:

Believe everything you're told?

Here in the REAL WORLD? It ain't happening.

Reality...what a concept.

IDIOT.

YOU show us ALL by your insipid question that YOU too have no fucking CLUE of structure of government much less LAW under A Constitutional Republic.

Yes, laws can be repealed. That's NOT what the GOP is trying to do here. They tried to repeal ObamaCare more than 40 times and failed miserably. They've apparently given up trying to repeal the law, so now they're holding the country's economy hostage by refusing to fund it unless the left give in to their tyrannical demands.

You should learn the process by which our government actually repeals laws. Here's a clue for you -- it's not by one body of one branch of government refusing to pay for the law. That's not repealing a law, that's extortion.

Ok, I'll entertain your lunacy ... enumerate where you find Obama is splitting the country ... :eusa_whistle:

You're in such deep deep denial, I figure it's a complete waste of time.

If you weren't spouting the complete idiocy you are, you'd be able to demonstrate your nonsense rather than blathering empty retorts.

So which is it ... ? Can you enumerate where you find Obama is splitting the country or am I right in saying you're a moron who doesn't know what in the hell they're talking about?
Is Obama splitting the country?

Obama has called Republicans his enemies, and told people that Republicans should ride in the back of the bus--after Republicans spent 125 years fighting Democrats over (1) Freeing black and other indentured slaves (2) Granting full citizenship and civil rights to blacks, and (3) Giving black citizens the right to vote, and (4) Republicans opened segregated schools to blacks in Little Rock, Arkansas, in the 50's. I know it's true, because while I was a little girl, I saw it on the news on television, and all the mean and hurtful things Democrats said trying to keep black folks "in their place."

Republicans have always been friends to racial minorities and led the nation in its bitter battle over whether to free the slaves, whether to let blacks vote, whether blacks get equal opportunities to work and vote and own property and engage in the pursuit of happiness, just like everyone else.

[ame=http://youtu.be/z0YH6UQNbBo]Obama Racism. Calls Republicans "Enemies" & says that "they can ride in the BACK" (of the Car)! - YouTube[/ame]

Obama called Republicans terrorists to obfuscate his role in overseeing the government going $17 trillion in debt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQ-LMX7Ryk]Obama I had to negotiate with those Republican terrorists.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Obama tells Latinos to "punish our enemies," and if that isn't dividing the nation along political lines, I don't know what is, and it further alienates Latinos who now do not have to learn English to get by, from mainstream America, which is a serious split for our Chicano brothers and sisters.

[ame=http://youtu.be/zeNoRqtDSeQ]Obama To Latinos: "Punish Our Enemies" - YouTube[/ame]

Play on a level playing field, Faun. If you don't see this as divisive, it's because someone has brainwashed you into marginalizing Republican American citizens as undesirable.

The only way we would be undesirable to you is if you tried calumny as the Democrat platform or if you have so marginalized conservatives in your paradigm you cannot see us as fully equal citizens.

LEARN YOUR GOVERNMENT.

And Indicators written by WHOM...?:eusa_hand:

Believe everything you're told?

Here in the REAL WORLD? It ain't happening.

Reality...what a concept.
By economists, you fucking retard. :eusa_doh:

IDIOT.

Laws can be repealed through a legislative process. If you want ACA repealed then win elections and get the votes to do so. Don't hold the country hostage by refusing to fund the government or refusing to raise the debt ceiling.

That's NOT how slavery was ended if you didn't know...

Forum List

Back