Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

Let's make something perfectly clear:

A Continuing Resolution funds all funding from the previous year, and funds all legally passed programs and agencies.

Parts of ObamaCare were set to be funded as of Oct. 1st, as per the ObamaCare law. This law was passed by BOTH Houses of Congress, signed into law by the President, and found Constitutional by the Supreme Court.

That said, the House need to submit a CR to the Senate that funds all existing programs and all legally approved laws, agencies, etc.

Why? And I don't mean waste my time with your "I just discovered five minutes ago that I have a strong belief that this is the way it should be" bullshit. I mean show me anywhere that the law says Congress is obligated to fund everything.

If the House already that power they wouldn't have needed to resort to the extortion tactics of shutting down the government. Obviously they don't. They need the consent of the Senate and the Executive branches. Hence the term "checks and balances". No single branch has the absolute power to "defund" whatever it likes.

You do comedy also..cool
Ok, I'll entertain your lunacy ... enumerate where you find Obama is splitting the country ... :eusa_whistle:

You're in such deep deep denial, I figure it's a complete waste of time.

If you weren't spouting the complete idiocy you are, you'd be able to demonstrate your nonsense rather than blathering empty retorts.

So which is it ... ? Can you enumerate where you find Obama is splitting the country or am I right in saying you're a moron who doesn't know what in the hell they're talking about?

Power of the Purse

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 7, clause 1

“No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7

Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government.

Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Ok, I'll entertain your lunacy ... enumerate where you find Obama is splitting the country ... :eusa_whistle:

If you weren't spouting the complete idiocy you are, you'd be able to demonstrate your nonsense rather than blathering empty retorts.

So which is it ... ? Can you enumerate where you find Obama is splitting the country or am I right in saying you're a moron who doesn't know what in the hell they're talking about?

You seem desperate..

Why throw pearls at lazy swine, it's a waste of time, that's the reality.

Power of the Purse

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 7, clause 1

“No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7

Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government.

Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Great links! :)

The House has the power of the purse and the Senate is the "check & balance" to make sure that the House is funding the government appropriately. Sort of like having 2 parties signing the checks to ensure that there are no mistakes.

You seem desperate..

No worries. You've thoroughly convinced me beyond any shadow of doubt that I was right -- you are a moron who doesn't know what in the hell you're talking about.

You seem desperate..

No worries. You've thoroughly convinced me beyond any shadow of doubt that I was right -- you are a moron who doesn't know what in the hell you're talking about.

See, you're a complete waste of time, Porky..:lol:

Obama and Democrats are the hostage takers, blackmailers, acting like terrorist in that they won't compromise on ANYTHING which what is has been done IN THE PAST...

They are not the blackmailers...they sent the house a clean funding bill that fully accepts funding the government the way the house wanted. Just taking out the GOP's personal agenda against ACA out of it.

If the house will not fund the government without getting their personal agenda on obamacare through...then by all means they are doing the blackmailing.

Really? Please cite us that specific bill - or better yet, provide a link to it - so that we may peruse Reid and the Democrats' benevolent billiance for ourselves.

You seem desperate..

Well it's not as if I didn't offer you an opportunity to explain yourself.

You couldn't. So if there was a waste of time, it was all yours.

And Obamacare is not the personal agenda of Harry Reid and Barack Obama? Gettoutatown.

What does Obamacare have to do with the budget when almost all of it is mandatory spending? Funding the government is ALL about discretionary spending and the GOP is pulling ACA into it blatantly using the CR bill as a tool to further their agenda against ACA.

I'm sorry, but did you just tell us that you think labeling something "mandatory spending" somehow makes it not a part of the federal budget? :eek:

What does Obamacare have to do with the budget when almost all of it is mandatory spending? Funding the government is ALL about discretionary spending and the GOP is pulling ACA into it blatantly using the CR bill as a tool to further their agenda against ACA.
With all that interest money, Nyvin, there is no longer discretionary money. It's all going to interest on paying back the $17 Trillion dollar debt. Half of it is going to get paid by the end of Obama's first term. Oh, wait that's over, and the 1.3 trillion Obama blamed on Bush has now mushroomed into a National Debt of $17 Trillion! *sigh*

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Don't worry, though if you're a taxpayer, your share is only $148,200. Sell the house and that will clear it. ;)

Oh wow, nice job completely dodging the point. ACA is MANDATORY SPENDING....not discretionary...discretionary spending is stuff like the military and education dept and dept of transportation.

Discretionary spending is the stuff being talked about in the budget...except for the GOP house pushing their agenda through on ACA which is mandatory spending. The fact that ACA gets brought up in budget talks at all shows the GOP is just using Budget talks to blackmail through a personal agenda and use it for political gain.

Does anyone else just sigh and roll their eyes on Talking Point Day, when these tweekos get their new marching orders for the week?

yawn...

Was just watching the news.

The House approved a spending plan and part of it is to delay Obamacare by a year.

Reid has already declared the bill DOA in the Senate. Just another bill he can add to the pile collecting dust on his desk.

Anyone with half a bain cell can see who the obstructionists are. Why Harry Reid and the Dems.

Color me fucking shocked.

Obama and the Senate made clear they won't negotiate on ACA...why are the republicans insisting ACA be put on the table. There is no reason for it to be on the budget, just take it off already.

Well, thank you for being honest about your position. "We very clearly told you what we wanted, so how dare you not give it to us? The only reasonable position is to just agree with us on everything!"

Of course, you might want to wrap your two brain cells around the fact that other people want things too, and consider that to be JUST as valid a reason for their behavior as you consider your desires to be.

Food for thought . . . if that's within your capabilities.

Why does the GOP need to knuckle under to Obama and the Demcraps before negotiations even start? Who does Obama think he is, Vladimir Putin?

Because ACA has already been passed, verfied by the supreme court, and it's mandatory spending which will happen with or without a budget passed (CR passed). There is no point for it to be on the budget other than the fact the GOP has no other way to shut it down (or at least try to)

Would you like me to list all of the "passed, verified by the Supreme Court (whatever the fuck THAT is supposed to mean)" laws that you leftists nevertheless keep trying to change, ignore, outlaw, or otherwise shove out of existence? YOU shitstains never accept one election - or decades worth of them - as a mandate for all time to drop it, so why do you think you suddenly get to tell US we have to?

Truth is, every fucking agenda gain you dipshits have ever had in the history of this country has been in direct opposition to settled law (since virtually nothing about this country as it was originally created falls into line with your putrid utopian visions). Seems to me that what's sauce for the goose makes the gander snivel like a spoiled child.

No...IDIOTS as YOU don't like the answers...so into attack you go as per marching orders. Typical Statist Tyrant.

Get a life, and stop trying to change everyone else's that YOU don't like...and that goes for the rest of your leftist controlling buddies all the way UP to the WhiteHouse.

GET IT?

How? The Great Recession and their efforts to delay recovery so they might have time to rewrite history and blame Obama for it which began in 2007. In fact such was not a bad idea, they convinced some of the dumber 'conservatives' that Obama was responsible for the Great Recession of 2007 -2009. Simply ask CrusaderFrank, Stephanie, Willow tree or the Rabbi.

You didnt answer the question.
The Great Recession is not the problem. That's long past. The Not-So-Great Recovery is the problem. Virtually every metric on the economy is worse today than when Obama took office: household income, household wealth, etc etc. The only ones making out are the very wealthy.
Obama's recovery is worse than Bush's recession.
The Dems had unlimited access to government for 2 years and passed many programs and bills. Obama's control of the executive branch has gone on for 5 years. The result is the worst economy since the Great Depression.
You can't lie your way through this. As you've been informed, whether you comprehend it or not, two of the leading indicators of the economy are GDP and unemployment; and both have improved over the last four years.

Ahh, talking points. Without you, leftists would have to actually think . . . and then their heads would implode.

Republicans passed a budget. Not our fault that the Democrats in the Senate and White House wont even consider a compromise.

And it's not exactly like this is going to hurt Republicans. I know that the conventional "wisdom" says that it will. But the last last big one still had Republicans Controlling Congress with more wins.

The GOP "Compromise" basically comes down to

A. Do not implement ACA

or

B. Do not implement ACA

Can you understand why the Senate isn't interested in this "compromise"

The Democrat "compromise" comes down to:

A. You will fund Obamacare

or

B. You will fund Obamacare while also sucking our dicks on the Capitol steps

But you're convinced that the GOP should leap right on THIS "compromise", AND that the Democrats are being incredibly generous by making the offer.

And Obamacare is not the personal agenda of Harry Reid and Barack Obama? Gettoutatown.

I'm sorry, but did you just tell us that you think labeling something "mandatory spending" somehow makes it not a part of the federal budget? :eek:

part of the federal budget? yes, obviously. Something to be brought up during budget talks? No.

Forum List

Back