Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

The house has passed a sensible bill that would fund every aspect of govt and delay the implementation of ACA for one year. The dems admit that there are a lot of problems with the bill, the unions don't want it, 65% of america does not want it in its current form.

if Reid and obama do not agree with the sensible house bill and allow the govt to shut down, then its all on them. Their refusal to compromise would be the reason for the shutdown and the american people are smart enough to realize that, even though the MSM will lie about it.

If you don't like legally passed (and upheld by the SCOTUS) legislation, you repeal it legislatively, you don't hold the government and the full faith and credit of the United States hostage because you can't do it the legal and legislative way.

Answer honestly, how would you have reacted in 2006 if Pelosi had done this over the Bush tax cuts?

Pretty sure we wouldn't have fraudulently tried to pretend that the House was doing something Unconstitutional and unprecedented.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

Have you considered the possibility that the problem is where you're looking for your polls?

Far be it from me, though, to disturb the happy little echo chamber you've created to assure you that you're correct and brilliant about everything. Enjoy. :eusa_whistle:

Well Ted Cruz certainly agreed with you. He wasn't happy with the results from WSJ/NBC News, Gallup, Washington Post/ABC News, CBS News, CNN, and the Pew Research Center. Nosiree. So Cruz paid to have his own poll. So what did Cruz's own poll say ... ?

Ted Cruz poll shows GOP gained in fight over Obamacare despite shutdown

Sen. Ted Cruz during a closed-door lunch on Wednesday argued to his Republican colleagues that the campaign he led to defund Obamacare has bolstered the GOP’s political position in dealing with the government shutdown.

Republicans who attended the weekly lunch hosted by Senate conservatives confirmed that Cruz presented a poll that the Texan paid for. Cruz’ pollster, Chris Perkins, was there for a portion of the discussion to help walk members through the poll and discuss the party's messaging strategy. Perkins is a partner with Wilson Perkins Allen, a GOP polling firm with dozens of Republican clients.

The survey’s findings mirrored other national polls: More voters blame the Republicans for the government shutdown than blame President Obama or the Democrats. But Cruz argued, based on the poll, that Republicans are in a much better position than they were during the 1995 shutdown because this impasse is defined by a disagreement over funding for the Affordable Care Act as opposed to a general disagreement over government spending.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I said the 2008 deficit was $438, not the 2009 deficit. The 2009 deficit was ballooned by Obama's TARP spending. Had he not done that, you'd have had an argument it was W's fault they went that high.

typo -- Perhaps you can explain to the U.S. Treasury then how they're missing more than a trillion dollars for FY2008 if the federal deficit was only $438tb

9/30/2007: $9.00t
9/30/2008: $10.02t

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

And how do you figure FY2013 was about [edit: $700b]?

OK, I see what you're asking now. That would be primarily because of excess social security payments. Social security is just a tax, there is no trust fund. The balance of the debt, government owes itself.

The trust is invested in US treasuries as are many investments looking for moderate returns with no risk in principle. This is required by law.

Does the GOP realize that shutting down the Govt. is not going to stop the law they say is so important to stop and so damaging to this country? If they force a shutdown, it will be their own doing.

Do the leftist dimwits understand that the GOP isn't shutting down the gov't, and therefore blithering about what the GOP does or doesn't understand is meaningless?

Judging by this post, I'd say the answer is no.

Carry on blithering. Don't let me interrupt.

OK, I see what you're asking now. That would be primarily because of excess social security payments. Social security is just a tax, there is no trust fund. The balance of the debt, government owes itself.

That "excess" is applied to the budget deficit. It still has to be paid back.

Budget deficit for FY2008 -- over one trillion dollars.

But wait, you already knew this -- here you are, pointing this out yourself when arguing how Clinton didn't balance the budget. YOU pointed this out yourself.

If Clinton balanced the budget, then why did the national debt go up every year he was President?

Like I said, you're a fucking nut.

When attacking the Democrat (Clinton), you include the entire budget deficit, both public and intra-governmental.

When defending the Republican (Bush), you intentionally omit the intra-governmental debt.

Nice. Real nice. :eusa_whistle:

That was a pretty lucid argument for a liberal. Well done. I'm repping you for that. I mean positively of course.

Unfortunately, it's a budget game both ways that politicians are playing. While there is no real trust fund, we are on the hook for future payments, so we are actually damned either way. So yeah, it's negative both times.

Also, the idea that I'm OK with Republicans doing it is flat out wrong, W sucked, he was a tax and spend liberal. And I always say so, Obama is still worse.

Frankly too, you're the first liberal I've seen grasp that. I wasn't expecting you to get it and that was the basis of your argument until you repeated it. Again, well done.

Again, you're fucking nuts calling Bush a "tax and spend Liberal." He cut taxes three times.

He was a borrow and spend Conservative like Reagan.

typo -- Perhaps you can explain to the U.S. Treasury then how they're missing more than a trillion dollars for FY2008 if the federal deficit was only $438tb

9/30/2007: $9.00t
9/30/2008: $10.02t

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

And how do you figure FY2013 was about [edit: $700b]?

The trust is invested in US treasuries as are many investments looking for moderate returns with no risk in principle. This is required by law.

Social Security is part of the general fund. Loaning yourself money isn't an asset.

Thank you for playing, but ouch, out in the first round. Here's a board game version of our show to take home. Thanks for playing!

Question 13

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

Have you considered the possibility that the problem is where you're looking for your polls?

Far be it from me, though, to disturb the happy little echo chamber you've created to assure you that you're correct and brilliant about everything. Enjoy. :eusa_whistle:

There are no polls out there that tell a different story. Do you know of a poll that tells a different story? Can you point it out to us? Give us a link or something to google? Even just the name of a poll or pollster? I don't think you can. That is why the Republican Party is in a panic and attacking the RW T's. They know the polls are telling a big bad horrible story for them and their future. Only the suckers are left arguing about the polls. The suckers and that nut job Cruz.

Question 13

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Wonder how much of those numbers are disgusted republicans who are sick of their spineless representative's in Washington ?

I'm hoping that lots of extreme conservatives take your thought to heart and leave the GOP for a new separate T party.

If it was passed into law, obama couldn't change it at his whim. He is. Congress has to pass funding and they aren't.

Let obama shut down the government by vetoing the funding for the whole government to save his pet.

The ACA is part of the mandatory funding dumbass, the right wingers could shut the nation down for 10 years and the ACA would still be fully funded.

Suuuuure it is. That's why Obama and Reid are stomping their feet, yelling and crying about how "The GOP is shutting down the gov't by insisting that we talk to them!" And that's why they have their useful idiots like you out there stomping THEIR feet, yelling and crying about how wonderful is it to kiss Obama's ass.

So Obama's not responsible for the debt then??

Can't you make up your mind?

Oh, wait ... you'd have to have a mind in order to "make up your mind."

Obama is the leader of the democrat party. The democrat party held both houses of congress from 2006 through 2010. Obama was a democrat senator before he became president. Is this "news" to you as well? You act like you have had your head buried in the sand for the last 7years.
Which has nothing to do with what you said. You said the president is not responsible for the debt.

Faun: "so now it's NOT the president who's responsible, it's the Congress?"

RKMBrown: "Yes congress controls the purse"

Bush gets full blame for the shit he did.. guy was a democrat with a republican hat. No child left behind, double down on spending, two wars... Plenty of blame goes to that jerk for what he did. But that is no excuse for what the democrats did.
Bull-fucking-shit. That's as moronic as me saying, Obama is just a Republican with a Democrat hat -- extended tax cuts, gave even more tax cuts in ARRA.

Bush was all yours. You can't pawn him off on Democrats because you don't like the job he did.

You rock. :)

Obama is the leader of the democrat party. The democrat party held both houses of congress from 2006 through 2010. Obama was a democrat senator before he became president. Is this "news" to you as well? You act like you have had your head buried in the sand for the last 7years.
Which has nothing to do with what you said. You said the president is not responsible for the debt.

Bush gets full blame for the shit he did.. guy was a democrat with a republican hat. No child left behind, double down on spending, two wars... Plenty of blame goes to that jerk for what he did. But that is no excuse for what the democrats did.
Bull-fucking-shit. That's as moronic as me saying, Obama is just a Republican with a Democrat hat -- extended tax cuts, gave even more tax cuts in ARRA.

Bush was all yours. You can't pawn him off on Democrats because you don't like the job he did.
I'm not democrat or republican. I blame both parties for this mess. Bush is a "compassionate" conservative when it comes to domestic programs and a war hawk when it comes to international politics. Thus, Bush was not a conservative in either his domestic or his international politics.

He was an extreme conservative. Obama is a centrist.

Yes congress controls the purse. Duh. Is this "news" to you?

You like to pretend that had we followed Bush with McCain/Palin we would have survived. Obama will be regarded by history as the President who saved the country from conservatism, just like Lincoln did.

I see -- so now it's NOT the president who's responsible, it's the Congress? It's cute how you twinks vacillate between the president and the Congress, just so you can blame the Democrat.

Yes congress controls the purse. Duh. Is this "news" to you?

Bush's policies are responsible for our entire debt. His wars, his wealth redistribution tax cuts, the hit to the economy from his housing bubble and burst.

If it was passed into law, obama couldn't change it at his whim. He is. Congress has to pass funding and they aren't.

Let obama shut down the government by vetoing the funding for the whole government to save his pet.

The ACA is part of the mandatory funding dumbass, the right wingers could shut the nation down for 10 years and the ACA would still be fully funded.

Suuuuure it is. That's why Obama and Reid are stomping their feet, yelling and crying about how "The GOP is shutting down the gov't by insisting that we talk to them!" And that's why they have their useful idiots like you out there stomping THEIR feet, yelling and crying about how wonderful is it to kiss Obama's ass.

What part of Obama and Reid refusing to allow the United States of America to be extorted and blackmailed by a small rookie and amaturish minority fringe of extemist don't you understand? Their position has been the same since before the shut down. It remains the same today.

I'm not democrat or republican. I blame both parties for this mess. Bush is a "compassionate" conservative when it comes to domestic programs and a war hawk when it comes to international politics. Thus, Bush was not a conservative in either his domestic or his international politics.

That too is fucking nuts. Obama is a consummate Liberal.

If Obama was a centrist he wouldn't be splitting the country and only representing the extreme left of the American people.

You ought to also be blaming business for exchanging millions of American careers for massive executive bonuses.

No, the GOP wasn't sent to the Capital to shut down the govt. and default on the debt, if they can't repeal ObamaCare.

Right. They were sent to defund Obamacare. Which is what they are doing.
Not true. America had it's chance to repeal ObamaCare last year when the rightwing put up a candidate for president who ran on repealing it.

America chose the candidate who was in favor of keeping ObamaCare over the candidate who was in favor of repealing it.

It's interesting how you leftist twerps believe something is "settled law, and should never, EVER be interfered with" when it's something you like, but when you disagree with it, there are sixty gazillion reasons why it's not settled and completely negotiable.

What's even more interesting is how you think we're all as ignorant and lacking in long-term memory as you are, and will therefore listen to and respect this line of utter, reeking garbage every time it spews from Obama's cockholsters right below your noses.

Right. They were sent to defund Obamacare. Which is what they are doing.
Not true. America had it's chance to repeal ObamaCare last year when the rightwing put up a candidate for president who ran on repealing it.

America chose the candidate who was in favor of keeping ObamaCare over the candidate who was in favor of repealing it.

It's interesting how you leftist twerps believe something is "settled law, and should never, EVER be interfered with" when it's something you like, but when you disagree with it, there are sixty gazillion reasons why it's not settled and completely negotiable.

What's even more interesting is how you think we're all as ignorant and lacking in long-term memory as you are, and will therefore listen to and respect this line of utter, reeking garbage every time it spews from Obama's cockholsters right below your noses.

you are ignorant and lacking in long term thinking and memory. Nobody is going to argue against that.

Regardless their is nothing wrong with negotiating things. Thats not what is happening right now. They wanted it completely removed. So when what you suggests actually happens we can talk about it. As of right now you are just wasting time.

If Obama was a centrist he wouldn't be splitting the country and only representing the extreme left of the American people.

Don't be ridiculous, Obama is not splitting the country.

Forum List

Back