Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

sorry to inform you but the budget deficit is at around 700 billion dollars for this years ... thats if your speaking about the budget deficit ... last year it was 1.3 trillion dollars... so the dems and the congress has reduced the budget deficit by around 600 billion dollars ... something our friends right refuses to acknowledge ... so I'm not sure what you are darning them all about ...

I said a trillion a year, and you gave me two years where it was $2T. Wow, I am schooled.

And you think that the deficit going from $1.3T in Obama's fourth year to $700B in his fifth year, which is still double W's worst defect, is a credit to Democrats. You sure to baaack them up...
Talk about fucking insane :eusa_doh: Bush's deficit for FY2008 was over a trillion dollars and we were still operating under his budget for the first half of FY2009 where it already went up another trillion dollars in less than 6 months.

9/30/2007: $9.0t
9/30/2008: $10.0t
3/12/2009: $11.0t

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

The budget deficit in 2008 was $438 billion.

As for 2009, W may have supported tarp, he was no fiscal conservative or friend of liberty, but Obama had a choice, he signed it, he doesn't get to pass the buck for his own actions.

W on the other hand you people blame for a recession that started six months before he took office, but Obama isn't responsible for deficits 5 years after he took office.

You're not a faun, you're a sheep.

Last edited:
I said a trillion a year, and you gave me two years where it was $2T. Wow, I am schooled.

And you think that the deficit going from $1.3T in Obama's fourth year to $700B in his fifth year, which is still double W's worst defect, is a credit to Democrats. You sure to baaack them up...
Talk about fucking insane :eusa_doh: Bush's deficit for FY2008 was over a trillion dollars and we were still operating under his budget for the first half of FY2009 where it already went up another trillion dollars in less than 6 months.

As for 2009, W may have supported tarp, he was no fiscal conservative or friend of liberty, but Obama had a choice, he signed it, he doesn't get to pass the buck for his own actions.

W on the other hand you people blame for a recession that started six months before he took office, but Obama isn't responsible for deficits 5 years after he took office.

And you're a fucking nut. Perhaps you can explain to the U.S. Treasury then how they're missing more than a trillion dollars for FY2009 if the federal deficit was only $438t?

Better yet, I'd love to see how you figure FY2013 was about $700b?

And you're a fucking nut. Perhaps you can explain to the U.S. Treasury then how they're missing more than a trillion dollars for FY2009 if the federal deficit was only $438t?

I said the 2008 deficit was $438, not the 2009 deficit. The 2009 deficit was ballooned by Obama's TARP spending. Had he not done that, you'd have had an argument it was W's fault they went that high.

I said the 2008 deficit was $438, not the 2009 deficit. The 2009 deficit was ballooned by Obama's TARP spending. Had he not done that, you'd have had an argument it was W's fault they went that high.

typo -- Perhaps you can explain to the U.S. Treasury then how they're missing more than a trillion dollars for FY2008 if the federal deficit was only $438tb

9/30/2007: $9.00t
9/30/2008: $10.02t

And how do you figure FY2013 was about [edit: $700b]?

Last edited:

Additionally, TARP was paid back. So TARP - TARP paid back = ZERO

Further, Obama spent the tarp money that was paid back.. so yeah that's not on Bush.

Further, Obama spent the tarp money that was paid back.. so yeah that's not on Bush.

Riiiight ... Bush's budget, which ran up $1t for the first 6 months of FY2009, was Obama's fault.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Riiiight ... Bush's budget, which ran up $1t for the first 6 months of FY2009, was Obama's fault.

Correct. That was a democrat congress, senate and house. Further the TARP was paid back so it does not count. Is that to hard a concept for you? 1 apple minus one apple is no apples. Get it yet?

Correct. That was a democrat congress, senate and house. Further the TARP was paid back so it does not count. Is that to hard a concept for you? 1 apple minus one apple is no apples. Get it yet?

I see -- so now it's NOT the president who's responsible, it's the Congress? It's cute how you twinks vacillate between the president and the Congress, just so you can blame the Democrat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh-oh!

:eek: NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP :eek:

The Republican Party has been badly damaged in the ongoing government shutdown and debt limit standoff, with a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finding that a majority of Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown, and with the party’s popularity declining to its lowest level.

Where are Democrats according to that poll? 39%; down from 40%.

Where's Obama according to that poll? 47%; UP from 45%.

I can't wait until November, 2014!!

I see -- so now it's NOT the president who's responsible, it's the Congress? It's cute how you twinks vacillate between the president and the Congress, just so you can blame the Democrat.

Yes congress controls the purse. Duh. Is this "news" to you?

typo -- Perhaps you can explain to the U.S. Treasury then how they're missing more than a trillion dollars for FY2008 if the federal deficit was only $438tb

OK, I see what you're asking now. That would be primarily because of excess social security payments. Social security is just a tax, there is no trust fund. The balance of the debt, government owes itself.

OK, I see what you're asking now. That would be primarily because of excess social security payments. Social security is just a tax, there is no trust fund. The balance of the debt, government owes itself.

That "excess" is applied to the budget deficit. It still has to be paid back.

Budget deficit for FY2008 -- over one trillion dollars.

But wait, you already knew this -- here you are, pointing this out yourself when arguing how Clinton didn't balance the budget. YOU pointed this out yourself.

If Clinton balanced the budget, then why did the national debt go up every year he was President?

Like I said, you're a fucking nut.

When attacking the Democrat (Clinton), you include the entire budget deficit, both public and intra-governmental.

When defending the Republican (Bush), you intentionally omit the intra-governmental debt.

Nice. Real nice. :eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

So Obama's not responsible for the debt then??

Can't you make up your mind?

Oh, wait ... you'd have to have a mind in order to "make up your mind."

Obama is the leader of the democrat party. The democrat party held both houses of congress from 2006 through 2010. Obama was a democrat senator before he became president. Is this "news" to you as well? You act like you have had your head buried in the sand for the last 7years.

Bush gets full blame for the shit he did.. guy was a democrat with a republican hat. No child left behind, double down on spending, two wars... Plenty of blame goes to that jerk for what he did. But that is no excuse for what the democrats did.

Last edited:

Obama is the leader of the democrat party. The democrat party held both houses of congress from 2006 through 2010. Obama was a democrat senator before he became president. Is this "news" to you as well? You act like you have had your head buried in the sand for the last 7years.
Which has nothing to do with what you said. You said the president is not responsible for the debt.

Faun: "so now it's NOT the president who's responsible, it's the Congress?"

RKMBrown: "Yes congress controls the purse"

Bush gets full blame for the shit he did.. guy was a democrat with a republican hat. No child left behind, double down on spending, two wars... Plenty of blame goes to that jerk for what he did. But that is no excuse for what the democrats did.
Bull-fucking-shit. That's as moronic as me saying, Obama is just a Republican with a Democrat hat -- extended tax cuts, gave even more tax cuts in ARRA.

Bush was all yours. You can't pawn him off on Democrats because you don't like the job he did.

Which has nothing to do with what you said. You said the president is not responsible for the debt.

Faun: "so now it's NOT the president who's responsible, it's the Congress?"

RKMBrown: "Yes congress controls the purse"

Bull-fucking-shit. That's as moronic as me saying, Obama is just a Republican with a Democrat hat -- extended tax cuts, gave even more tax cuts in ARRA.

Bush was all yours. You can't pawn him off on Democrats because you don't like the job he did.
I'm not democrat or republican. I blame both parties for this mess. Bush is a "compassionate" conservative when it comes to domestic programs and a war hawk when it comes to international politics. Thus, Bush was not a conservative in either his domestic or his international politics.

Specifically the HOUSE...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

Wonder how much of those numbers are disgusted republicans who are sick of their spineless representative's in Washington ?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

Have you considered the possibility that the problem is where you're looking for your polls?

Far be it from me, though, to disturb the happy little echo chamber you've created to assure you that you're correct and brilliant about everything. Enjoy. :eusa_whistle:

That "excess" is applied to the budget deficit. It still has to be paid back.

Budget deficit for FY2008 -- over one trillion dollars.

But wait, you already knew this -- here you are, pointing this out yourself when arguing how Clinton didn't balance the budget. YOU pointed this out yourself.

If Clinton balanced the budget, then why did the national debt go up every year he was President?

Like I said, you're a fucking nut.

When attacking the Democrat (Clinton), you include the entire budget deficit, both public and intra-governmental.

When defending the Republican (Bush), you intentionally omit the intra-governmental debt.

Nice. Real nice. :eusa_whistle:

That was a pretty lucid argument for a liberal. Well done. I'm repping you for that. I mean positively of course.

Unfortunately, it's a budget game both ways that politicians are playing. While there is no real trust fund, we are on the hook for future payments, so we are actually damned either way. So yeah, it's negative both times.

Also, the idea that I'm OK with Republicans doing it is flat out wrong, W sucked, he was a tax and spend liberal. And I always say so, Obama is still worse.

Frankly too, you're the first liberal I've seen grasp that. I wasn't expecting you to get it and that was the basis of your argument until you repeated it. Again, well done.

Forum List

Back