Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

The GOP can't kill ObamaCare by repealing it. They tried a million times.

They want to force the Democrats and Obama to defund it by threatening a govt. shutdown or govt. default.

such scum.

and the American people see what's going on.

The Dems have had control of Congress for 4 years, Congress and the Presidency for two, The presidency and the senate for 4. How is the economy the fault of the GOP?

The GOP shares fault for all govt. spending since January 1st, 2011.

Republicans are doing everything in their power to cause the economy to fail. This is yet another attempt to meet that goal.

The Dems have had control of Congress for 4 years, Congress and the Presidency for two, The presidency and the senate for 4. How is the economy the fault of the GOP?
The economy is doing better today than it was 4 years ago. Republicans can't handle that, so they are trying to wreck it. Last time they attempted a stunt like this, it led to a down grade in the U.S. credit rating.

Just think how strong America would be if the GOP loved the United States more than they loved their party?

Isn't Black Jimmy Obama the "leader" of the nation? He sure as shit is, and the fucking Libberhoids continue to suck his ass and blame Republicans....

Take some responsibility for once, assholes.
My, what a sensitive and cultured person you are.
(No quick, call me some names so you can defend your manhood. Threaten to kick my ass. That's always a good way to prove your maturity. Show people exactly what a jerk you are.)

Isn't Black Jimmy Obama the "leader" of the nation? He sure as shit is, and the fucking Libberhoids continue to suck his ass and blame Republicans....

Take some responsibility for once, assholes.

I'm sorry the Christian Brotherhood (Tea Party) doesn't have enough votes to repeal ObamaCare, but that doesn't mean you should force the govt. to shutdown or default on the debt, in order to blackmail Democrats to vote your way.

Republicans are doing everything in their power to cause the economy to fail. This is yet another attempt to meet that goal.

Apparently you slept through your civics classes in high school. For a bill to pass it must be passed in the Senate and the House. Once it is signed by both branches it goes to the President for signing. Unfortunity we have enough republicans in the House to filibuster and stop every bill the Senate sends to them. Filibustering bills stops them from even getting to the President's desk. Many of the bills that the House has killed would have helped the economy. IT IS CALLED OBSTRUCTIONISM.

As a democrat, I have gone past the grief and denial and am now in acceptace. Nobody is going to talk the extreme Right out of this stratagy. Therefore, I don't even attempt to explain to them that they are really just pointing the gun at themselves and threatening to shoot.The government shutdown doesn't bother me. However, there are millions who will be adversely affected, and a majority of them are going to blame it on the Republicans. Therefore, it is a win for our side. The debt limit thing is much more serious. However, I don't believe that even republicans are ignorant enough not to understand what that will do to the economy. We'll' cross that bridge when we come to it.

Meantime, the ACA will not be delayed or repealed, and all of this drama is a total waste of time. Nobody even remembers what the issue was when they shut down the government in 1996. All they remember is that the centralists gained full control after that.

The extreme right as you call them are not the driving force behind this strategy.

All the House Republican members are behind it with the exception of two reps from NY.

Name me the Republicans who ran on Pro Obamacare, Pro raising the debt ceiling and Pro raising taxes like on the medical instrument part of Obamacare.

Go ahead and name them and show me how the majority of R's are being controlled by the Tea Party as compared to just living up to their campaign promises.

This is why your "glorious leader" and all his minions including yourself are stuck on stupid with this mantra of "ooooooooooooooh it's extremists in the party Gertrude".

Give me a break. These men and women were elected to hold the line on Obamacare, debt ceiling and raising taxes.

And that's what they are doing. They weren't sent to Washington to climb into bed with the likes of Harry Reid.

Last edited:
No, the GOP wasn't sent to the Capital to shut down the govt. and default on the debt, if they can't repeal ObamaCare.

The GOP can no longer win national elections, so they have regressed to blackmail. Yup, this is the last Hurrah for the GOP. Their desperation has reached new heights...

Oh bite me you asshole.

They took the biggest win in an off year election in 2010. No matter how you attempt to lie and spin.

The Republicans still held the House in 2012.

Stop with the "call 911 the Republicans are dead" bullshit routine. I heard enough of that garbage in 2006 and 2008.

The economy is doing better today than it was 4 years ago. Republicans can't handle that, so they are trying to wreck it. Last time they attempted a stunt like this, it led to a down grade in the U.S. credit rating.

Just think how strong America would be if the GOP loved the United States more than they loved their party?

No that is not correct. Household income is lower today than 4 years ago. Household wealth is lower today than 4 years ago. Welfare and other public assistance is higher today than 4 years ago. Workforce participation is lower than 4 years ago.
The downgrade came from the reckless spending policies of Obama&Co.

The GOP does love America. They are not the ones getting played by the Russians, Syrians, and now Iranians. They are not apologizing to America. They are not proposing and enacting measures that have destroyed this economy. That would be the Dems.

No, the GOP wasn't sent to the Capital to shut down the govt. and default on the debt, if they can't repeal ObamaCare.

Why have their voters sent these Republicans to Washington?

To kow tow to Obama? To climb into bed with Harry Reid? To obey Nancy Pelosi?

I think not.

:lol:

Shutting down the government, which really won't be shut down anyway, doesn't default on the debt. Neither does refusing to raise the debt ceiling for that matter.

Shutting down the government, which really won't be shut down anyway, doesn't default on the debt. Neither does refusing to raise the debt ceiling for that matter.

It's lib-speak. If we dont raise the debt ceiling then children will die. Hysteria is all they have.

Right. They were sent to defund Obamacare. Which is what they are doing.
Not true. America had it's chance to repeal ObamaCare last year when the rightwing put up a candidate for president who ran on repealing it.

America chose the candidate who was in favor of keeping ObamaCare over the candidate who was in favor of repealing it.

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

Why should Obamacare be funded when the people in the current congress elected by the people don't want to fund it? It shouldn't. That prior congresses can pass programs and force future congresses to fund them unless they get the votes to defund them is what's evil.

Congress should fund the programs that the votes are there to fund. Period. This is on the Democratic party that they are shutting down government to force funding of a program they don't have the votes to fund.

Not true. America had it's chance to repeal ObamaCare last year when the rightwing put up a candidate for president who ran on repealing it.

America chose the candidate who was in favor of keeping ObamaCare over the candidate who was in favor of repealing it.

The rigged election was about who could promise more gov't cheese to inner city Negroes. Obama won that contest.
It was not a referendum on Obamacare.
Many of the Republicans now active in Congress ran explicitly on repeal. And the sentiment fro repeal gets bigger each day.

It's lib-speak. If we dont raise the debt ceiling then children will die. Hysteria is all they have.

I've already seen the "grandma is going to be forced to eat cat food" lament.

:lol:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

your polls show that people blame obama and the democrats as well....are you really this retarded?

it wasn't a one issue election moron

Forum List

Back