Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

Seriously...just for a moment imagine that it is 2006 and it is Nancy Pelosi threatening to shut down the government if her budget that did not include tax cuts for the rich were passed.

Oh the things the Fox heads would be calling her right now...

Good one. So did you hear it on an MS-NBC show, or on a commercial an MS-NBC host made for the Democratic party?

Since much of the debate is focused on the Healthcare law also known as Obamacare we should also take a look at how the public feels about it.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

That is not the same thing as wanting it repealed or for there to be a government shutdown or a "showdown" over the debt limit in an attempt to repeal it. Many of the people unhappy with the ACA do not believe it went far enough since it didn't include the Public Option an actual majority of people supported.

Yes I have heard this the majority who are unhappy with it is because it did not have a public option talking point many times the problem with that is it applies only to hardcore democrats.The majority did not want the public option if they did it never would have been dropped this law is unpopular because it's a bad law rammed through on a party line vote Nancy Pelosi famously said we have to pass the bill to find out whats in it well they did and the people are now finding out whats in it and that is what people are unhappy with what is in the law not what isn't in it.

Well no not really. Not a single Republican voted for it. It passed using the most dishonest tactics the Dems could muster. It is opposed by 60% of Americans and that number goes up with every poll.

How quickly they forget. The Bush tax cuts were passed in 2001 and 2003 by reconciliation.

The GOP chose not to have anything to do with Health Care reform. They chose not to sit at the table to which they were invited.

Forget? Methinks some are liars and some have been brain washed by the liars from the Ministry of Truth.

And some people are simply stupid. Like you, cocksucker.
The bush tax cuts were so unpopular they were extended by a solid Democrat majority in Congress and signed by Barack Obama.

The GOP has been trying two things..

Lay the blame on Obama. Lay the blame on Cruz.

Neither is working.

I think you will find they are working better than expected SFBs! Also, liberal poll sources are usually manipulated.

The blame WOULD be primarily caused by Obama and Reid! Citizens are realizing that more than they did in the past.:cool:

People who have nothing of substance to post and cannot offer a rebuttal always seem to blame the MSM, or in this case, "liberal sources". The one question I have for birddog: Did you get a full brain wash, or was a light rinse only needed?

you are a rude person..you're like...look at me look at me, I'm just so special

If a "poll" claimed that a "majority" saw Nazi fucking Germany as the winners of WWII, would that make the perception a reality?

Of course not.

So, with that fact-based perspective in mind, let's consider the "poll" results as follows:

Who cares?

It is the GOP majority HOUSE that has PASSED a continuing resolution that will do the exact opposite of a shut down (not counting most of the Obamacare fiasco).

It is the DIM controlled Senate and the DIM President who threaten America with a government shutdown.

Fuck them.

Clearly the liberal main stream propagandist media will deliberately mis-report this news. Ho hum. Nothing new in that.

But it is a lie and I suspect that most of America will see right through the deception efforts of the Dims and their handmaiden media water-bois.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

All key services including the military will be covered. I love how libs are portraying this as another "end of the world as we know it" scenario, like the sequester.

Last edited:
If it was passed into law, obama couldn't change it at his whim. He is. Congress has to pass funding and they aren't.

Let obama shut down the government by vetoing the funding for the whole government to save his pet.

The ACA is part of the mandatory funding dumbass, the right wingers could shut the nation down for 10 years and the ACA would still be fully funded.

Lala land. Of course it's fully funded, it just has no money.

As a democrat, I have gone past the grief and denial and am now in acceptace. Nobody is going to talk the extreme Right out of this stratagy. Therefore, I don't even attempt to explain to them that they are really just pointing the gun at themselves and threatening to shoot.The government shutdown doesn't bother me. However, there are millions who will be adversely affected, and a majority of them are going to blame it on the Republicans. Therefore, it is a win for our side. The debt limit thing is much more serious. However, I don't believe that even republicans are ignorant enough not to understand what that will do to the economy. We'll' cross that bridge when we come to it.

Meantime, the ACA will not be delayed or repealed, and all of this drama is a total waste of time. Nobody even remembers what the issue was when they shut down the government in 1996. All they remember is that the centralists gained full control after that.

The house has passed a sensible bill that would fund every aspect of govt and delay the implementation of ACA for one year. The dems admit that there are a lot of problems with the bill, the unions don't want it, 65% of america does not want it in its current form.

if Reid and obama do not agree with the sensible house bill and allow the govt to shut down, then its all on them. Their refusal to compromise would be the reason for the shutdown and the american people are smart enough to realize that, even though the MSM will lie about it.

Americans dont think this way. you will loose.

Question 13

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

I don't think you know what those words mean.

do an image search of 'partial birth abortion'

That's true evil

More than a third of the people polled will blame Obama somehow. Those aren't very good numbers.
And we have not seen how this plays out yet.

Dems ignored the signs in 2010 and were badly beaten. Now they're doing the same thing again, forcing worthless stuff down our throats.

this isnt 2010...

Question 13

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

All key services including the military will be covered. I love how libs are portraying this as another "end of the world as we know it" scenario, like the sequester.

But, but

It's TRUE EVUL to send people home, and then pay them as if they worked when brought back.

STOP THINKING and that will make sense

Question 13

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

I love how the whole reason for the right winger's tantrum is because they think the ACA would cause the end of the world as we know it :lol:

I think you will find they are working better than expected SFBs! Also, liberal poll sources are usually manipulated.

The blame WOULD be primarily caused by Obama and Reid! Citizens are realizing that more than they did in the past.:cool:

People who have nothing of substance to post and cannot offer a rebuttal always seem to blame the MSM, or in this case, "liberal sources". The one question I have for birddog: Did you get a full brain wash, or was a light rinse only needed?

you are a rude person..you're like...look at me look at me, I'm just so special

It's not like I called him stupid. Of course, in some cases pointing out the obvious isn't rude. It's simply a statement of facts.

I'm lousy at predicting political stuff, but this whole thing is really beginning to remind me of 2012, when so many in the GOP essentially talked themselves into believing that all the polls were wrong and that Romney would win going away.

This time, they seem to be convinced that the public is going to reward them handsomely in 2014 and 2016 for their efforts here.

Okay, I don't see it, but I guess we'll find out.

I'm lousy at predicting political stuff, but this whole thing is really beginning to remind me of 2012, when so many in the GOP essentially talked themselves into believing that all the polls were wrong and that Romney would win going away.

This time, they seem to be convinced that the public is going to reward them handsomely in 2014 and 2016 for their efforts here.

Okay, I don't see it, but I guess we'll find out.

The right wingers aren't very bright,..

The GOP can no longer win national elections, so they have regressed to blackmail. Yup, this is the last Hurrah for the GOP. Their desperation has reached new heights...

Republicans are doing everything in their power to cause the economy to fail. This is yet another attempt to meet that goal.

Republicans are doing everything in their power to cause the economy to fail. This is yet another attempt to meet that goal.

The Dems have had control of Congress for 4 years, Congress and the Presidency for two, The presidency and the senate for 4. How is the economy the fault of the GOP?

Forum List

Back