Republicans Vote Against Florida Hurricane Aid

It pains all of us that you still have to explain this to these creeps.
Did you know that the Great Storm of 1900, also known as the 1900 Galveston hurricane was the deadliest natural disaster in American history? Also the third deadliest Atlantic hurricane with the most cited casualties listed at 8000 people.

It destroyed over 7000 buildings, including over 3600 homes, not including minimal damage to thousands more homes.

It also put the city and coastline under 12 feet of water, forcing engineers to raise the Gulf of Mexico shoreline by 17 feet and build a 10 mile sea wall.

It left over 10,000 people homeless.

And do you know what? I'll tell you what, CC.

There was no Fema in 1900.

The people of Galveston rebuilt their own city.

Not bad for a bunch of ''creeps,'' I'd contend.

Emphasis on "Aftermath'' and ''Rebuilding'' and ''Protection''

Last edited:
This bill had ukraine funding tied to it. Financed the fed gov. Rubio said he wasnt going to play along with peoples pet projects and shit.
Why wont they just make a bill for funding the disaster?
Oh yeah, because when people dont go along with it, their rubes will freak out. As evidenced by this thread.
You fucking idiots.

Did you know that the Great Storm of 1900, also known as the 1900 Galveston hurricane was the deadliest natural disaster in American history? Also the third deadliest Atlantic hurricane with the most cited casualties listed at 8000 people.

It destroyed over 7000 buildings, including over 3600 homes, not including minimal damage to thousands more homes.

It also put the city and coastline under 12 feet of water, forcing engineers to raise the Gulf of Mexico shoreline by 17 feet and build a 10 mile sea wall.

It left over 10,000 people homeless.

And do you know what? I'll tell you what, CC.

There was no Fema in 1900.

The people of Galveston rebuilt their own city.

Not bad for a bunch of ''creeps,'' I'd contend.

Emphasis on "Aftermath'' and ''Rebuilding'' and ''Protection''
There was a bad fire in Savannah Georgia long ago. They tried to get help from the fed gov and congress told them to fuck off.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the Constitution that gives them the power to fund local disaster relief.

Alright. Well. If you want to debate it, you can make your case for where the federal government has this authority.

I already know all of the cases you're going to make.

I've defeated them all previously around the board at one point or another, however.

Up to you. Honestly, though, RWer, I don't really feel like debating it. I'm kind of just taking a break from my work here and shared some casual thoughts upon passing through the thread.

Might be best to just agree to disagree. But I will if you want. It's been some time since I've actually got into a constitutional authority discussion.
Article 1, Section 1

Rick Scott voted no. Little Marco couldn't bother to even show up to vote. All of Florida's House Republicans voted no.

They just basically handed the election to Charlie Crist.

What else was added to the bill?

The majority of the time the GOP vote against a bill like this it is later exposed Democrats added stuff into the bill - money for Ukraine, COVID money, Green legislation BS....

Forum List

Back