Republicans Vote Against Florida Hurricane Aid

Congress won't offset any ''Emergency'' relief spending bill with cuts to other programs anyway.

It's also unconstitutional and just as anti-moral as any other income redistribution program and disaster victims would ultimately be better off without it.

As far as FEMA, it should be abolished and any responsibility for disaster relief should be left to local communities, civic and charitable organizations and Individuals and 100% of the recovery costs should be deductable from the Individual's income tax. As well, businesses should also be granted tax relief. Tax-free savings accounts could also be employed in order to save for such disaster.

As far as FEMA, it should be abolished and any responsibility for disaster relief should be left to local communities, civic and charitable organizations a
No community is capable of covering a major disaster

That is why we have united states to help each other out

Congress won't offset any ''Emergency'' relief spending bill with cuts to other programs anyway.

It's also unconstitutional and just as anti-moral as any other income redistribution program and disaster victims would ultimately be better off without it.

As far as FEMA, it should be abolished and any responsibility for disaster relief should be left to local communities, civic and charitable organizations and Individuals and 100% of the recovery costs should be deductable from the Individual's income tax. As well, businesses should also be granted tax relief. Tax-free savings accounts could also be employed in order to save for such disaster.
Yea… tell that to the folks in Florida

Local communities… hell they can barely pay for schools, fire and police no less the billions required for things like this

Conservatives

Sheesh

No community is capable of covering a major disaster

That is why we have united states to help each other out

You could make a case at the state level, perhaps.

It's completely unconstitutional at the federal level, however. And, as I said, Congress wouldn't offset any so-called ''Emergency'' relief bill with cuts to any other spending programs anyway.

Last edited:
Yea… tell that to the folks in Florida

Well I basically just did.

Local communities… hell they can barely pay for schools, fire and police no less the billions required for things like this

The Federal government is broke. Is has nothing. It has nothing because it doesn't produce anything. It steals from those who do produce and redistributes it at the barrel of a government gun.

It's over 30 trillion dollars in debt.

Conservatives

Sheesh

Why would you refer to me as a conservative?

You could make a case at the state level, perhaps.

It's completely unconstitutional at the federal level, however. And, as I said, Congress wouldn't offset any so-called ''Emergency'' relief bill with cuts to any other programs anyway.
Nothing in the Constitution forbids helping each other in times of need

Nothing in the Constitution forbids helping each other in times of need

Alright. Well. If you want to debate it, you can make your case for where the federal government has this authority.

I already know all of the cases you're going to make.

I've defeated them all previously around the board at one point or another, however.

Up to you. Honestly, though, RWer, I don't really feel like debating it. I'm kind of just taking a break from my work here and shared some casual thoughts upon passing through the thread.

Might be best to just agree to disagree. But I will if you want. It's been some time since I've actually got into a constitutional authority discussion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back