Republicans: why do you ignore the wealth inequality issue?

The federal government should slash the pay of every GS position and adjust military pay upward.

but GS positions pay about double the private sector counterparts pay so how fair would it be to make the GS liberal bureaucratic leeches work for a fair wage?

Naw, I just punched holes in little timmy's tires. And then a bunch of us beat the crap out of him for getting uppity.

Which is what's going to happen to rich don't get a clue really soon and realize wealth inequality is a real problem.

And why is it someone elses responsibility to fix that for you? Why are YOU not responsible for having less wealth than someone else. I was watching a talk show the other day basically about a teenager kinda like you. A person that so far in her life, beating people up, yelling at them, and essentially being an immature brat has so far worked for them in getting what they want. Other people just cave. Both of you will learn when you eventually mature to adulthood that will no longer work in getting what you want. In your case changing income inequality is going to work on YOUR part mainly. If you don't like that others make more than you, then it's on YOU to correct that. Not on those that have more to simply give it to you.

I'm not saying it's anyone's job to fix it, I'm saying it's a problem that needs to get fixed.

I'm 50 years old. I own a home, I've served in the military and I've been working since I was 16. I don't expect anything to be "given" to me.

But the concentration of wealth in a few hands is not a healthy society. It's France in 1787, Russia in 1917 or Cuba in 1959 or Iran in 1979. It's five minutes before the ax comes down on the oblivious.

When I'm paying 25% taxes on my measly five figure salary and Mittens is paying 13%, there is something seriously wrong with that.

But the concentration of wealth in a few hands is not a healthy society.

how can it be a few if 44 million American flew over the holidays?? Look for some numbers and you'll see that you been brainwashed

How many of them put those tickets and the gifts they bought on Credit Cards?

Sorry, man, you are missing the point completely.

dear, you assume very few since credit has shrunk dramatically since the housing crash!! Where have you been??

actually it is you who did not know that 44 million flew for the holidays or that they spent $500 billion on Christmas!!

You don't need to be an economist to see how rich the middle class got by looking at all the new inventions they could suddenly afford in the last 10 years: suddenly we had plasma TV's, LCD TV's, DLP-TV's, iPods, iphones, CD's and CD players, DVDs and DVD players, Blue Ray and Blue Ray players, PCs, desk top PCs, DVRs, color printers, satellite radio, Advantium ovens, HD-TV, Playstations, X-Boxes, X-box live, X-box Konnect, broadband, satellite TV, cell/camera/video phones, digital cameras, OnStar, palm corders, Blackberries, smart phones, home theaters, SUVs, big houses, more houses per capita, TiVo, 3D movies and TV's, built in wine coolers, granite counter tops, $200 sneakers, color matched front loader washing machines, matching washer dryer combinations, McMansions, 6 burner commercial ranges, Sub Zero refridgerators, more cars than drivers, a $1 billion ring tone industry, a pet industry that just doubled to $34 billion, 10's of millions lining up to buy Apple's I-tablet, Wii, Netflix boxes, jet skis, low profile tires, aluminum/titanium rims, Harley Davidson and Japanese motorcycles. $700 Billion Christmas 2010, $10.5 billion movies 2010, 10 million ocean crusies.

The list goes on and on. I hope that helps you realize you can't just parrot the communist press and expect to make sense? They have other objectives and are merely using you to promote their point of view.

The facts should anger you.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Wealth And Inequality In America

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

Because the establishment candidate--(Mitt Romney) worth 250 million dollars--who has lots of capital to support other rino candidates--is why?--LOL

The QUESTION you need to ask-is-why would someone who makes 1.5 MILLION dollars a month and only pays 13.7% in federal income tax--would seek Swiss and Cayman island bank accounts? That person is Mitt Romney!

But the concentration of wealth in a few hands is not a healthy society.

how can it be a few if 44 million American flew over the holidays?? Look for some numbers and you'll see that you been brainwashed

Are you implying that A) use of a credit cards means the stuff is free or the buyer has no intention of paying the debt?
B) cannot pay the debt because they are not of the evil one percent?

Joe, when you post bullshit, don't ever go thinking you went get called on it.
BTW, Joey....go ahead and try to book and pay for a flight NOT using a credit card or check card...Guess what? You ain't flying.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

Don't worry the Republican ESTABLISHMENT is determined to give you a slow pitch soft ball for you liberals to knock out of the park--and they have named it--(Mitt Romney).

Don't worry about it--Barack Obama is certain to get another 4 years.

Why ignore the evidence?

Because the establishment candidate--(Mitt Romney) worth 250 million dollars--who has lots of capital to support other rino candidates--is why?--LOL

The QUESTION you need to ask-is-why would someone who makes 1.5 MILLION dollars a month and only pays 13.7% in federal income tax--would seek Swiss and Cayman island bank accounts? That person is Mitt Romney!

How about because he does business with people who live in countries that DON'T have global taxation the way the US does, and so THEY want to avoid taxes in their home countries?

There are lots of reasons. So what? It's neither illegal nor unethical, and I'm sure as hell not going to jump his shit for managing his money effectively just because I'm neither rich enough nor trained enough in accounting to grasp all the nuances. Did he pay the legally-required taxes? Is the IRS satisfied with his return? Move the fuck ON already.

Are you implying that A) use of a credit cards means the stuff is free or the buyer has no intention of paying the debt?

BTW, Joey....go ahead and try to book and pay for a flight NOT using a credit card or check card...Guess what? You ain't flying.

Given how many people declare bankruptcy on their credit card debt, ummm, yeah, that's a real problem. And this is where folks like Romney are really creating more Democrats.

Take away those good union salaries, take away those good manufacturing jobs and replace them with McJobs and that's kind of what you get.

And this is why so many so called Conservatives must be some kind of high-functioning Retards.

If the goal is to make people less dependent on government, you don't persue economic policies that make them more dependent on government.

The "Food Stamp President" got 69 million votes last time. Next time he'll get 75 million. When you take away that good paying job, and replace it with a McJob, you have people using food stamps, and housing assistance, and medicaid, and the government is doing more for them than their employer, that encourages a work ethic, um, how, exactly?

It doesn't. It encourages dependence. You can't preach rugged individualism and then rolls boulders on top of the people trying to climb the hill.

You seem to cry a great deal about the government.

lets see, what's different.

The rich have no affect on my life beyond providing me with a job and benefits that go to care and feed my family.

The government takes some of that money and removes my Constitutional rights, over spends , making the money I keep worth less, thus making it harder for me to care and feed my family.

Like I said, we, unlike you, are not a bunch of whinny crybabies.

The trickle down is a myth. Corporations are making record profits and taxes are at record lows. Where are the jobs exactly?

This same question has been asked many times over the last year or so. The best answer I have read was written by Pallavi Gogoi, AP Business writer. His article appeared in USA Today on December 28, 2010.

“corporate profits are up. So why isn't anyone hiring? Actually, many American companies are – just maybe not in your town. They're hiring oversees where sales are surging and the pipeline of orders is fat.

“American companies have created 1.4 million jobs overseas this year, compared with less than 1 million in the U.S.”

The writer explains that over half the revenue for companies in the S&P 500 in the last several years has came from foreign markets. The truth is that U.S. markets are stagnant, sales lackluster; however, there is an expanding middle class – about a billion consumers – in China, Africa and India. American companies are putting their money into these developing markets, and this is where their profit is coming from. As Gogoi astutely observed, “There is a huge difference between what is good for American companies and what is good for the American economy.”

Gogoi's entire article can be read at the following link:

Where are the jobs? For many companies, overseas - USATODAY.com

Look, if companies are making maximum profit in the U.S.A. with the people they already have, why should they hire more. No sane employer hires people they do not need, and unless there is an increase in sales, the labor market will remain the same. The problem with some liberals is that they accuse corporations of being greedy, but they don't understand how greed works. If a CEO thought his company could make more money by hiring more people the greedy bastard would hire all the profit makers he can get his hands on. No truly greedy person puts his cash in a mattress if he thinks he can increase his fortune by hiring people. Potential investors in the U.S. may be hesitating now because they are uncertain of the economic future of the country. But, since these people are greedy - I mean really, really greedy - as soon as they see it is likely that they can make a profit by opening or expanding their business, they will. If you want corporations to hire more people, give them a reason. Convince them that more workers will increase sales. Go ahead, do it.

Where are the jobs? The same place the profits are! Unfortunately, the increases in profit and the corresponding increase in jobs are not in the United States.

(NOTE: Although the quoted article was written a year ago, it is just as relevant today as it was back then. The economic conditions in the U.S. are still bleak, and American companies are still earning more and more of their profits in expanding overseas markets.)

The MISSION OF CORPORATISM is to get people off the dependence of the state and place their dependence onto the corporations.

So what is the net effect of that?

Governments will have no power and control over the people but corporations will.

Pretty simple, really.

Naw, I just punched holes in little timmy's tires. And then a bunch of us beat the crap out of him for getting uppity.

Which is what's going to happen to rich don't get a clue really soon and realize wealth inequality is a real problem.

And why is it someone elses responsibility to fix that for you? Why are YOU not responsible for having less wealth than someone else. I was watching a talk show the other day basically about a teenager kinda like you. A person that so far in her life, beating people up, yelling at them, and essentially being an immature brat has so far worked for them in getting what they want. Other people just cave. Both of you will learn when you eventually mature to adulthood that will no longer work in getting what you want. In your case changing income inequality is going to work on YOUR part mainly. If you don't like that others make more than you, then it's on YOU to correct that. Not on those that have more to simply give it to you.

I'm not saying it's anyone's job to fix it, I'm saying it's a problem that needs to get fixed.

I'm 50 years old. I own a home, I've served in the military and I've been working since I was 16. I don't expect anything to be "given" to me.

But the concentration of wealth in a few hands is not a healthy society. It's France in 1787, Russia in 1917 or Cuba in 1959 or Iran in 1979. It's five minutes before the ax comes down on the oblivious.

When I'm paying 25% taxes on my measly five figure salary and Mittens is paying 13%, there is something seriously wrong with that.

Let's just assume that your five figure earnings ar $60K for simplicity. 25% of 60K is $15K of which you will most likely get some of it returned. The news reports that Romney will have made $45M over 2010 and 2011, so let's split the difference in half to $23M. 13% of $23M is $2,990,000. Mitt Romney paid your $15K 199.33 times over. He paid 200 times what you paid in taxes. So tell us, what do you consider Romney's "fair share" to be?

Why ignore the evidence?

How about because he does business with people who live in countries that DON'T have global taxation the way the US does, and so THEY want to avoid taxes in their home countries?

There are lots of reasons. So what? It's neither illegal nor unethical, and I'm sure as hell not going to jump his shit for managing his money effectively just because I'm neither rich enough nor trained enough in accounting to grasp all the nuances. Did he pay the legally-required taxes? Is the IRS satisfied with his return? Move the fuck ON already.

The main stream media is on full 4 alarm support for Romney. They and the DNC operatives know the moment Romney is ( IF) nominated they will trot out wealth as a de facto criminal offense.

Given how many people declare bankruptcy on their credit card debt, ummm, yeah, that's a real problem. And this is where folks like Romney are really creating more Democrats.

Take away those good union salaries, take away those good manufacturing jobs and replace them with McJobs and that's kind of what you get.

And this is why so many so called Conservatives must be some kind of high-functioning Retards.

If the goal is to make people less dependent on government, you don't persue economic policies that make them more dependent on government.

The "Food Stamp President" got 69 million votes last time. Next time he'll get 75 million. When you take away that good paying job, and replace it with a McJob, you have people using food stamps, and housing assistance, and medicaid, and the government is doing more for them than their employer, that encourages a work ethic, um, how, exactly?

It doesn't. It encourages dependence. You can't preach rugged individualism and then rolls boulders on top of the people trying to climb the hill.

Oh just shut it will you. You're whining.
Good union salaries? HUH? How the hell can you mention union wages when 93% of American workers are non-union?
And what about the millions who use credit responsibly? Many many times more people successfully use credit with no worries.
No one is "taking away good paying jobs".
The pro organized labor movement ran out of gas a long time ago. We have gotten along without the problems brought on by unions for quite some time now.
As far as I am concerned, unions can wither away and die. Unions once served a purpose. Forcing government to create just labor laws to protect workers. Forcing employers to create and maintain safe and productive work environments. The work of unions is done.
Union leadership is to blame for organized labor's downfall by failing to adjust to the times. Unionism's most obvious issue is Leadership cannot get away from the notion of the adversarial relationship between labor and management.
I have seen many posts on this subject made by pro union people claiming if unions disappeared, the country would backslide into the sweat shop era.
Really?....You people must think we Americans are stupid.

The MISSION OF CORPORATISM is to get people off the dependence of the state and place their dependence onto the corporations.

So what is the net effect of that?

Governments will have no power and control over the people but corporations will.

Pretty simple, really.
Yes, let's all become dependent on government. Government is benevolent and most definitely has our best interests in mind.

Conservatives see income inequality as a positive sign that capitalism is working, and winning over socialism, unionism, etc.
There is no such thing as income inequality. There cannot be simply because there was never any promise whether real or implied that income would be equal.
If you want to live in a socialist society where government makes all the rules , holds all the cards and limits your freedom, please move to a nation that operates that way.
Please do not tell me you think that under government control we would be a nation of "haves" and no "have nots"..When government seizes control of an economy the end result is everyone becomes a "have not"....
Think I am wrong? Try it.
Have a go at Venezuela..Let me know how much fun life is for the common folk there. See ya.

Forum List

Back