Republicans: why do you ignore the wealth inequality issue?

The facts should anger you.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Wealth And Inequality In America

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

When you are talking about the 1%--which equates to people who are making over 300K per year. The top 5% bracket are 250K & over. Meaning that the other 95% are in income brackets--from 250K and below--(which is the MIDDLE CLASS.)

Now if you really believe that 160 MILLION working Americans are going to "split" up the income on 1% of the population and come up with an extra dime in their pockets--you're sadly mistaken. The MATH is just not there for that.

yes its joke on liberals. Obama's proposed tax on the rich will yield $80 billion a year. Thats about 8% of the yearly budget deficit.

The liberals need to cover the other 92%, somehow, just to balance the budget, but this says nothing about paying off the $16 trillion national debt.

BO has the liberals perfectly brainwashed that taxing the rich will solve our problems. They are not smart enough to feel like fools.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

The word fair tax....
This is a favorite buzzword the left has fallen in love with recently.

The rich don't pay their "fair" share in taxes.
They throw this around like the wealthy are doing something illegal.
If I were to look up the tax code what page would I find the fair tax bracket.
What percent,what rate,how much is the fair rate...

Chris Mathews has a promo for MSNBC that runs all the time.
He wants things to be like they were during WWI ...
War bonds
finding scrap iron
food rationing...
People paying their "fair" share in taxes.....

Here we go again..."their fair share"
But they never ever say just what that is exactly.....

I have asked this question over and over again on the board....
What is this fair share? How much is it...

Can someone stand up and finally say what they feel is the "fair share" that people should be paying. :confused:

Why ignore the evidence?

WHY DOES THE LEFT SUPPORT MULTI BILLIONAIRES AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RIGHT? Just curious?

They made the money one way or another, it is theirs not yours and not the Governments. And those people are the ones that create jobs and companies. Get over your envy. IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY. And it will never be your money.

Why ignore the evidence?

I hear the rich should pay their fair share all the time I just have one question what is a fair share?

Odd series of posts. Interesting however, for the read.

I started with nothing. I lived out of my Jeep over the years in the field. I made it in the arts, finds of treasure there and abouts and made a fortune. I give a lot away because I can, to those that are working but need a boost. Also to kids down home in the Yucatan I built a school for advanced education there in Quintana Roo so they can further their education.

Along with the school down home, I currently support and fund a women's shelter in the city of Timbuktu, Mali Empire, Sahara Desert, North Africa, since they want to better themselves but have no outlet to do so and pursue. With my largesse, they do.

It is good. Genghis Kahn still rocks big time......Besides, there is still more gold treasure in the Yucatan from Pizarro..........leave the borders and see the world...

Robert

Can someone stand up and finally say what they feel is the "fair share" that people should be paying. :confused:

I'd say the poor should pay more since they don't make the contribution to society that the rich do.

Why should the rich pay more for governmnet when they don't pay more at the supermarket?

Why ignore the evidence?

I hear the rich should pay their fair share all the time I just have one question what is a fair share?

There is no such thing as paying a fair share. What they really mean is keeping a fair share of what they earned. It's never paying a fair share. To the left, a fair wage would be assessed, say $30,000 a year for being a bank manager or janitor. That's fair. Everything in excess of $30,000 a year would be confiscated by the government and fairly redistributed so that everyone made $30,000 a year.

Why ignore the evidence?

"Fair" is SUBJECTIVE.... hence why politicians like to manipulate people with the use of the word.... Equal % would be what to aspire to have... with zero deductions, loopholes, and exceptions... for in that system nobody can use subjective levels or situations to play the political game with taxes

Why ignore the evidence?

"Fair" is SUBJECTIVE.... hence why politicians like to manipulate people with the use of the word.... Equal % would be what to aspire to have... with zero deductions, loopholes, and exceptions... for in that system nobody can use subjective levels or situations to play the political game with taxes

Fair is a flat tax. But they oppose that. Makes me think they really dont care about things being fair.

Notice that the thread died as soon as the vaunted 'what is fair' question is asked. It is the bald faced lie that the left cannot come to teams with. The fact is they really do not want 'fair' as they cannot even define the term.

Why ignore the evidence?

There is no such thing as paying a fair share. What they really mean is keeping a fair share of what they earned. It's never paying a fair share. To the left, a fair wage would be assessed, say $30,000 a year for being a bank manager or janitor. That's fair. Everything in excess of $30,000 a year would be confiscated by the government and fairly redistributed so that everyone made $30,000 a year.

The ultimate goal sought by liberal/progressives is equality of outcome.

The ultimate goal sought by liberal/progressives is equality of outcome.

This is true, but why do they assume you can use government to steal at the point of gun for money and then somehow be equal to those who earned their money in peaceful voluntary relationships?

Moreover, why do they assume the people from whom you steal won't
resist either by hiding their money or not earned it to begin with.

Further, how can you win a class war against your most productive citizens without destroying productivity. Its so stupid as to be liberal.

Last edited:
Peope have the right to make as much money as they want and can.

That doesn't mean they are guaranteed to get that money.

Just like you have a right to pursue happiness, not a right to happiness.

Peope have the right to make as much money as they want and can.

That doesn't mean they are guaranteed to get that money.

Just like you have a right to pursue happiness, not a right to happiness.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? They have a right to make money but not actually get it? How do they have the right to make it then?

That is like saying you have a right to pursue happiness but you can only have happiness if the government approves it. Asinine.

Why ignore the evidence?

Republicans see wealthy people as "need to be pampered" Gods. The "Job Creators". The people who should be running the country.

They think Democrats are jealous of their "Gods", but the truth is, Democrats understand that the super wealth have taken over the country by buying Republican politicians, the best that money can buy. You get someone like Mitt making over $50,000.00 every day and paying a fraction percentage of what I pay. Republicans say I must be jealous, but I only want things to be far. They should pay the same percentage I pay. Anything else is, well, "un American".

Forum List

Back