Republicans won’t be satisfied with overturning Roe

Interstate highway speeds are going to be addressed by the Court. :smoke:
‘If Roe is a "states' rights" issue as Justice Samuel Alito's draft indicates, is Loving v. Virginia, which legalized interracial marriage? Sen. Mike Braun (R-Indiana) already seemed to say that quiet part out loud when he indicated twice during a call with media in March that the Supreme Court was wrong in the 1967 Loving decision, only to backtrack hours later.

[…]

If Roe is a "states' rights" issue, is Obergfell v. Hodges? It has long been comical to me that people howl about the "sanctity of marriage" and that it should only be between a man and a woman and not same-sex, yet this is a country where roughly half of all marriages end in divorce. Yes, yes, very sacred.

Obergfell, which guaranteed all people the right to marry, was decided less than seven years ago.

[…]

Is Brown v. Board of Education "deeply rooted"? The ban on racial segregation in public schools was decided only in 1954, though one can argue there's little done to uphold it even now, 70 years later, when entire districts still have rules policing Black children's hair and banning them from receiving education in schools if they do not comply.’

No one should believe the right’s “states’ rights” lie – that’s merely a façade behind which conservatives attempt to hide their true agenda hostile to the rights and protected liberties of all Americans.

‘WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Tuesday blasted a “radical” Supreme Court draft opinion that would throw out the landmark Roe v. Wade abortion rights ruling that has stood for a half century and warned that other rights including same-sex marriage and birth control are at risk if the court follows through.’

President Biden is correct.

Any right not specifically mentioned in the Constitution is under threat, because they'll just say it's a state right.

Getting control of the Supreme Court is going to be a much stronger battle, and a ridiculous battle. It's not democratic, not based on anything other than "we got a president in and got as many new Supreme Court justices in as possible. "

They're still children you piece of shit.
bdw8alp4scx81.jpg

‘WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Tuesday blasted a “radical” Supreme Court draft opinion that would throw out the landmark Roe v. Wade abortion rights ruling that has stood for a half century and warned that other rights including same-sex marriage and birth control are at risk if the court follows through.’

President Biden is correct.

You know Alito addressed this in his draft. It's not the same. In abortion there's another life to consider: the unborn baby.

I find it interesting that you project your totalitarian fantasies on us. We want everyone to live in freedom. You want everyone to live under your thumb. You can't imagine us. We can imagine you, and shudder.

You know Alito addressed this in his draft. It's not the same. In abortion there's another life to consider: the unborn baby.

I find it interesting that you project your totalitarian fantasies on us. We want everyone to live in freedom. You want everyone to live under your thumb. You can't imagine us. We can imagine you, and shudder.
It won’t stop with Roe – more citizens’ rights will be subject to attack by conservatives.

The Republican goal is more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

There has been no doubt that Biden learned nothing in law school. He is also an idiot and a political whore.

Disgust doesn't begin to describe my feelings about the man.

Most politicians are "political whores", especially those who become president.

As for "an idiot".... well, define what an idiot is.
By all accounts it's someone who does something a Republican doesn't like.

They're still children you piece of shit.

Get this.

75% of pregnancies end in abortion before the mother even knows she's pregnant.

This is NATURAL.

They're still "children", and yet they DIE.

Your GOD is killing more babies than anyone else.

Oh, and then we should talk about babies who died in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Columbia and other places the US has decided to go warring and whoring in to make a profit.

Shall we talk about the kids who are getting toxic chemicals, the shit in the food, all the problems that happen to these kids once they're born that Republicans love to push on people because.... IT MAKES MONEY.

You can't be bothered to look after your own planet because "it costs money", and then you go off on one about abortions. Makes me sick.

It won’t stop with Roe – more citizens’ rights will be subject to attack by conservatives.

The Republican goal is more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

Their motto is "smaller government (for us), bigger government (for everyone else)"

"My religion should the the religion of the country, fuck the US constitution.
They want to take my guns, but the US constitution protects me. "

Kind of bullshit compartmentalization.

You are a liar too so there's that.
‘On Monday night, Politico published a leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court on a crucial abortion case, which, if formally adopted, would overturn Roe v. Wade. It is a devastating document to read, indicating a slim majority of the justices – four of the five appointed by presidents who lost the popular vote – are set to end the era of legal abortion in the United States.’

Hence the tyranny of Republican minority rule.

‘On Monday night, Politico published a leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court on a crucial abortion case, which, if formally adopted, would overturn Roe v. Wade. It is a devastating document to read, indicating a slim majority of the justices – four of the five appointed by presidents who lost the popular vote – are set to end the era of legal abortion in the United States.’

You baby killers really are upset. :( Too bad.

Do you even know what the Supreme Court does? It's not up for popular vote.

Forget it. Lost on you

I really think it's time for this nation to split.

Let the Left have their own miserable patch where they can oppress and burn each other at figurative stakes and kill their babies.

I'm done trying to make a country with them. Seriously

Their motto is "smaller government (for us), bigger government (for everyone else)"

"My religion should the the religion of the country, fuck the US constitution.
They want to take my guns, but the US constitution protects me. "

Kind of bullshit compartmentalization.
True - typical Republican hypocrisy.

In addition to the ‘small government’ lie, conservatives claim to be ‘advocates’ of “states’ rights” – but “states’ rights” goes out the window when it comes to state firearm regulatory measures, they have no problem with tyrants in black robes legislating from the bench contrary to the will of the people in blue states.

True - typical Republican hypocrisy.

In addition to the ‘small government’ lie, conservatives claim to be ‘advocates’ of “states’ rights” – but “states’ rights” goes out the window when it comes to state firearm regulatory measures, they have no problem with tyrants in black robes legislating from the bench contrary to the will of the people in blue states.

BECAUSE IT'S IN THE CONSTITUTION YOU COMPLETE EGGHEAD

2nd amendment ever heard of it???

Forum List

Back