Republicans wrong to slander and smear Ashely Judd. It will backfire.

It was no secret during Ashley's childhood that her mother was grooming her for bigger things.

Ashley was born as Ashley Tyler Ciminella in Granada Hills, California. She is the daughter of Naomi Judd, a country music singer and motivational speaker, and Michael Charles Ciminella, a marketing analyst for the horseracing industry.[1][2][3] Ashley's elder half-sister, Wynonna, is also a country music singer. Her paternal grandfather was of Sicilian descent, and her paternal grandmother was a descendant of Mayflower pilgrim William Brewster.[4][5] At the time of her birth, her mother was unemployed; she did not become well known as a singer until the early 1980s. Judd's parents divorced in 1972, and in 1973, her mother took her back to her native Kentucky, where Judd spent the majority of her childhood.[6] She also lived in Marin County, California, for two years during grade school.

Judd attended 13 schools before college, including the Sayre School[7] in Lexington, Kentucky, Paul G. Blazer High School in Ashland, Kentucky and Franklin High School in Tennessee.[8] She briefly tried modeling in Japan during a school break. An alumna of the sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma at the University of Kentucky, she majored in French and minored in anthropology, art history, theater and women's studies. She spent a semester studying in France as part of her major, a move that mirrored her role as Reed in the television series Sisters. She graduated from the UK Honors Program and was nominated to Phi Beta Kappa, but did not graduate with her class.[9] Forgoing her commitment to join the Peace Corps, after college she drove to Hollywood, where she studied with well-respected acting teacher, Robert Carnegie, at Playhouse West. During this time, she worked as a hostess at The Ivy restaurant and lived in a Malibu rental house, which burned down during the great Malibu fires of fall 1993. Around that time her half-sister Wynonna Judd gave her a historic farmhouse and some land in Williamson County, Tennessee, so she moved to Tennessee. That farmhouse has been her primary residence in the US ever since.

More: Ashley Judd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

110404_TODAY_Books_Judd%20Cover.grid-4x2.jpg

Ashley Judd details 'bitter and sweet' in memoir - books - Biography Memoirs - TODAY.com

Yanno..................I hope that Ms. Judd whips the crap out of Mitch.

Mitch is nothing more than a roadblock and should be removed.

So what exactly is the slander Republicans are supposedly saying? Is Ms Judd not an Obama supporter? I suppose I could understand why that would be a smear if it's not true.

If the last election means anything it shows that slandering Democratic candidates with Obama does not work

So what exactly is the slander Republicans are supposedly saying? Is Ms Judd not an Obama supporter? I suppose I could understand why that would be a smear if it's not true.

If the last election means anything it shows that slandering Democratic candidates with Obama does not work

omg, so it means it does work when obama and you sheep do it to Republicans?

really pathetic, If Judd can't take the heat she should stay out of politics, isn't that your all's famous line?

Last edited:

omg, so it means it does work when obama and you sheep do it to Republicans?

really pathetic, If Judd can't take the heat she should stay out of politics, isn't that your all's famous line?

Its not a question of can Ashley Judd take it, but one of how pathetic the Republican smear campaign is. Pulling out the buzzwords.........Obama lover, liberal, Hollywood are not going to work. The problem for Republicans is that people LIKE Ashley Judd. Attempts to smear her will backfire and voters will come to her defense

In case you haven't noticed, Mitch McConnell is not a cuddly guy. If he comes off as abusive to Ashley Judd it will backfire big time

OK GOP. Keep your clothes on. Who do you think you are? Scott Brown?

America already knows Ashley Judd. America knows her mother, sister and their entire family. This is a Christian family, right out of the heart of Dixie. This is an even bigger miscalculation than gazillionaire Mitt Romney. Now, if she were black, then I suspect Republicans think it would probably be OK since Republicans are trying to appeal to their "base". But this is a "Judd". Ashley knows what it means to be poor. She knows what it really means to "make it" through hard work. She knows what it means to be a Christian.
Ashley Judd slammed as carpetbagger and Obama follower in pre-emptive commercial strike by Karl Rove super PAC* - NY Daily News

Ashley Judd Targeted By Karl Rove's Super PAC In Ad (VIDEO)

Conservative group blasts Ashley Judd as 'Obama-following, radical, Hollywood liberal' - First Read

----------------------------------------------------

The GOP has to beat people like her with "better policy", not slander and smears.

After reading 99% of this thread, the same question keeps coming to me, how can you claim anyone is slandering, smearing or blasting Judd for being an Maobama-following, radical, Hollywood liberal, when they a demonstrating the fact, with her own words? I don't think the clips, shown in the video, were taken from any of her films. Should we not accept that she is what she says she is?

What did she say that is so "offensive"?

If last election means anything, it shows that Republican candidates tell the truth about Democrat candidates and still lose.

OK GOP. Keep your clothes on. Who do you think you are? Scott Brown?

America already knows Ashley Judd. America knows her mother, sister and their entire family. This is a Christian family, right out of the heart of Dixie. This is an even bigger miscalculation than gazillionaire Mitt Romney. Now, if she were black, then I suspect Republicans think it would probably be OK since Republicans are trying to appeal to their "base". But this is a "Judd". Ashley knows what it means to be poor. She knows what it really means to "make it" through hard work. She knows what it means to be a Christian.
Ashley Judd slammed as carpetbagger and Obama follower in pre-emptive commercial strike by Karl Rove super PAC* - NY Daily News

Ashley Judd Targeted By Karl Rove's Super PAC In Ad (VIDEO)

Conservative group blasts Ashley Judd as 'Obama-following, radical, Hollywood liberal' - First Read

----------------------------------------------------

The GOP has to beat people like her with "better policy", not slander and smears.

After reading 99% of this thread, the same question keeps coming to me, how can you claim anyone is slandering, smearing or blasting Judd for being an Maobama-following, radical, Hollywood liberal, when they a demonstrating the fact, with her own words? I don't think the clips, shown in the video, were taken from any of her films. Should we not accept that she is what she says she is?

Isnt that just an alternative to what I asked? What exactly are the Republicans claiming that is a slander? You don't even know and yet you set up and entire thread to whine about it.

Ashley judd reminds me of the fat black chick in the duece bigalow movie; male gigolo movie. At the end she got shot in the chest, she had a piece of fried chicken between her boobs. Saved her life, she pulled it out eating it with a smile!

They're out in force today, aren't they? :rolleyes:

It does seem to be bringing out the misogynists...

I don't even think Judd is going to run. A lot of celebrities toy with this kind of thing, then decide not to when they realize what's actually involved for a non-sociopath to run for office.

And seriously, given his inept leadership, the GOP might be well served if Mitch goes down.

If last election means anything, it shows that Republican candidates tell the truth about Democrat candidates and still lose.

The last election proves you can't run a sociopath who says stuff like "I like to fire people" and then expect to win.

Ashley judd reminds me of the fat black chick in the duece bigalow movie; male gigolo movie. At the end she got shot in the chest, she had a piece of fried chicken between her boobs. Saved her life, she pulled it out eating it with a smile!

They're out in force today, aren't they? :rolleyes:

It does seem to be bringing out the misogynists...

I don't even think Judd is going to run. A lot of celebrities toy with this kind of thing, then decide not to when they realize what's actually involved for a non-sociopath to run for office.

And seriously, given his inept leadership, the GOP might be well served if Mitch goes down.

I agree, when push comes to shove, she will probably not run

But it is still a good trial balloon to see how the Republicans are going to play this race. Much like Harry Reid in Nevada, Mitch McConnell is vulnerable in Kentucky. The key will be the Democrats not running a Sharonn Angle

I just watched the ad...They didn't say anything about the people that died from cancer because of her!?!?

Isnt that just an alternative to what I asked? What exactly are the Republicans claiming that is a slander? You don't even know and yet you set up and entire thread to whine about it.

Carpetbagger with all it's racist overtones. Radical. Not one of us. The same thing they use on Obama. They take a clip of her saying "hillbilly" out of context and make it seem she is looking down on southerners. The Title is "Vote for me you hillbillies". And they even USE her grandmother.

Judd is an eighth-generation Kentuckian and she graduated from the University of Kentucky. She is a southern girl. Just not a confederate.

Epithet used during the Reconstruction period (1865–77) to describe a Northerner in the South seeking private gain. The word referred to an unwelcome outsider arriving with nothing more than his belongings packed in a satchel or carpetbag. Many carpetbaggers were involved in corrupt financial schemes

Carpetbagger - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The last election proves you can't run a sociopath who says stuff like "I like to fire people" and then expect to win.

The elections over and you still have to lie about what he actually said. That's really pathetic.

Carpetbagger with all it's racist overtones. Radical. Not one of us. The same thing they use on Obama. They take a clip of her saying "hillbilly" out of context and make it seem she is looking down on southerners. The Title is "Vote for me you hillbillies". And they even USE her grandmother.

Judd is an eighth-generation Kentuckian and she graduated from the University of Kentucky. She is a southern girl. Just not a confederate.

Epithet used during the Reconstruction period (1865–77) to describe a Northerner in the South seeking private gain. The word referred to an unwelcome outsider arriving with nothing more than his belongings packed in a satchel or carpetbag. Many carpetbaggers were involved in corrupt financial schemes

What racist connotation does carpetbagger have? There was nothing racist about the carpetbaggers. In fact, the racists hated the carpetbaggers.

She doesn't live in Kentucky. I don't know why you seem all offended when people use accurate words to describe people.

Ashley Judd is hardly a christian and after all her christian bashing, Bush bashing, she is finally reaping what she has sown.

You'd better hope, not!!!!!

"As we explained in December when her name first began to pop up, her resume is a little thicker than most actresses. She earned her Masters in public administration from Harvard University in 2010 and has become increasingly vocal on progressive public-policy matters in recent years, from social issues to the environment."

What racist connotation does carpetbagger have? There was nothing racist about the carpetbaggers. In fact, the racists hated the carpetbaggers.

She doesn't live in Kentucky. I don't know why you seem all offended when people use accurate words to describe people.

It doesn't matter. She still has Kentucky roots and a connection to the state

Bobby Kennedy and Hillary Clinton became Senators from New York. Neither had connections but took up residency.

If you want to convince Kentuckyans that Ashley is an outsider....good luck

The Republicans won't ever run against her because she has a vagina and that like a war on wimmen or something

Forum List

Back