Request 3 Signers from All 50 States:

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Could I please ask your help to find 3 people to sign from every State? I'd like to bring Freedmen's Town to the attention of the White House for Black History Month. If you please look online at the link below, if you don't see your home state listed, will you please sign it?

We need 150 signatures to show up on the White House website, and I'd like all states to be represented. Thank you!! Emily Nghiem

===============================
Please sign the White House Petition and join us in calling for national unity in saving historic houses for Vets:

Short URL: http://wh.gov/yV6l

======================================
FREE Freedmen's Town: Restore this National Historic District of Freed Slave Churches & Civil Rights History as a Campus

Freedmen's Town, a national historic site, is the only landmark in America of Freed Slave churches, Civil Rights and Military history. Residents plan to restore the District as a community campus, and to save the last 10 historic rowhouses for Veterans. Freedmen's Town Historic Vet Housing But the City of Houston plans to destroy the history by removing the houses, without asking your help to save them. Under the Executive Order for African American Education, and White House initiatives for Veteran jobs and housing, please support Freedmen's Town plans to save the houses and churches, as a tribute to our national African American Civil Rights history and future, by creating a model Campus to end poverty for Residents through job training in Vet housing, health services, and business management.
==================

Note: If you know any Official, political leader or speaker on Constitutional reform of welfare, VA, or housing/health care who would like to speak out at a national press conference on this site as an educational model for sustainable business development to end the overreliance on government, please contact me at emilynghiem at hotmail or the media director poetonwatch55 at gmail dot com.

Hi OODA what state are you from? Can you sign the petition and ask 2 more friends to sign?
It doesn't cost anything to sign, just creating an account on the website and it will post your initials and City/State. Thank you if you can please help!

Sorry wallet is bare.

Mine too. I have paid over 50,000 on credit cards to try to help community nonprofits that have been working to repair the damages done by government abuse at taxpayer's expense.
There was politically bullying and exclusion going on in two districts I was helping, I started working 2 jobs in 2008 to pay the costs, and now I'm up to 3 jobs and still can't cover the damage, especially if the City destroys these last 10 historic houses we planned to use for restitution and restoration of the historic district.

I will be asking fellow Houstonians to each chip in $10 to stop the political bullying.

All I am asking everyone else to do is to sign the petition for free!

If you don't have money but want to contribute, can you ask for donations?
or write a letter to Mayor Annise Parker of the City of Houston?

We need to raise $250,000 or $25,000 per house to save them for Vets.
You may here about this on the news, especially if it results in a hunger strike!

I will try to find the press conference and news coverage and post it on the website
at Freedmen's Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing

The Civil Rights Act was signed almost 50 years ago, and the Emancipation Proclamation 100 years before that. I think it is time to start looking out the windshield instead of the rear view mirror.

Could I please ask your help to find 3 people to sign from every State? I'd like to bring Freedmen's Town to the attention of the White House for Black History Month. If you please look online at the link below, if you don't see your home state listed, will you please sign it?

We need 150 signatures to show up on the White House website, and I'd like all states to be represented. Thank you!! Emily Nghiem

===============================
Please sign the White House Petition and join us in calling for national unity in saving historic houses for Vets:

Short URL: http://wh.gov/yV6l

======================================
FREE Freedmen's Town: Restore this National Historic District of Freed Slave Churches & Civil Rights History as a Campus

Freedmen's Town, a national historic site, is the only landmark in America of Freed Slave churches, Civil Rights and Military history. Residents plan to restore the District as a community campus, and to save the last 10 historic rowhouses for Veterans. Freedmen's Town Historic Vet Housing But the City of Houston plans to destroy the history by removing the houses, without asking your help to save them. Under the Executive Order for African American Education, and White House initiatives for Veteran jobs and housing, please support Freedmen's Town plans to save the houses and churches, as a tribute to our national African American Civil Rights history and future, by creating a model Campus to end poverty for Residents through job training in Vet housing, health services, and business management.
==================

Note: If you know any Official, political leader or speaker on Constitutional reform of welfare, VA, or housing/health care who would like to speak out at a national press conference on this site as an educational model for sustainable business development to end the overreliance on government, please contact me at emilynghiem at hotmail or the media director poetonwatch55 at gmail dot com.

How is this site financially supported? Are taxpayer dollars involved?

I wouldn't sign it simply because it separates black history from American history. If Vets need housing, build them new ones.

I wouldn't sign it simply because it separates black history from American history. If Vets need housing, build them new ones.

Blacks were kept separate from the rest of society, so that IS American history.

The Civil Rights Act was signed almost 50 years ago, and the Emancipation Proclamation 100 years before that. I think it is time to start looking out the windshield instead of the rear view mirror.

And we STILL don't have equal rights because people are content with political enslavement.

Looking out for equal independence means buying your own land, and running your own schools, businesses and banking/credit system, and legal mediation so you have equal say in decisions.

The residents and leaders in Freedmen's Town wrote up plans to do so.
But we are overrun by people letting government run over these plans, censor them and destroy the history at taxpayers' expense, and fail to invest in the community's plans for SUSTAINABILITY and INDEPENDENCE OFF WELFARE equally as tax money was used to fund developers taking over and keeping the game going of buying off politicians this way!

When do we have a White History Month?

January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December.

We need a special series of days in December, such as Dec 15 through December 25, to celebrate the Bill of Rights and 14th Amendment where all state governments are suppose to follow it also, similar to Kwanzaa having a different principle for each day.

If you like this idea, can you help me promote it as a national holiday?

Blacks were kept separate from the rest of society, so that IS American history.

Ironically, the Freed Slaves who built Freedmen's Town did better as noncitizens than the Blacks today who submit to church and state authority, regardless of corruption oppression or abuse, under duress of being rejected if they speak out.

If noncitizens had to "hire each other" and invest their own labor to build the entire district of Freedmen's Town, including thriving businesses in brick and construction, 100's of churches (we are down to 8 after 2 burned and the City demolished 1 and put a lien on the demolition pressuring the church to give up its land to convert to a public park), and jazz clubs known as the Harlem of the South, then

It seems they did better for themselves economically when they did NOT depend on Govt.

Now that the entitlement mentality has taken over, people keep waiting for funds from the City or Govt, which was instead given to private developers to mow down historic houses.

The City spent $3.4 million of taxpayers' money on a grant to a bogus "nonprofit" group of developers who destroyed historic houses and laundered the property (after they went bankrupt paying themselves huge salaries without building the houses under contract) to a government agency that otherwise would have had to follow federal preservation laws.

But the City would not grant $100,000 to a valid nonprofit group to purchase the last 10 historic houses for preservation, claiming they have "no money."

After a private developer made around $8-12 million buying a historic hospital at a loss to the County, demolishing it, and flipping it to the Federal Reserve for a profit (both times costing taxpayers millions that went into private profit for a corporate developer)

The local TIRZ board also spent $15 million from the Federal Reserve to prepare for Developers to move in and destroy the remaining history, while applauding their heroic work of spending $4 million propping up walls of a burned down church, but again having "no money" to help churches with a longterm plan for preservation.

In short, the govt is used to fund dependence on welfare, both corporate and social, but when it comes to sustainable plans such as the proposed community campus for Vet Housing and business training, then taxpayers have to fight to fund that themselves (against a trend of people afraid to be seen as going against church or govt authority), while paying taxes into a system abused to fund opposing interests to keep this oppressive cycle going.

I work 3 jobs now to pay for the damages done by govt abuse.

And the community leader I was helping to promote the Vet housing plan works 2 jobs plus 2 volunteer programs in the neighborhood we are trying to save.

She is a Black Republican and I am an Asian Democrat.
So maybe we are not getting support because we are the wrong color, gender, or party, or for whatever reason our political and church leaders are afraid to ASK to fund sustainable solutions but are ok to keep the current political warfare, oppression and bullying going.

At least that makes money for lawyers, politicians, and developers for people to stay ignorant without equal access to knowledge of the laws to break the cycle of poverty and oppression.

Dear Katzndogz: The plans for housing and a campus of business development and training would accomplish BOTH.
Both the historic houses would be preserved PLUS new housing would be built especially to accommodate disabled and mentally ill Vets requiring medical supervision AND would include onsite mentorship in property and financial management of the residential and commercial development on the site. That way, disabled Vets or elderly can still participate, and learn the steps of becoming financially independent instead of living in poverty and depending on govt welfare. Katzndogz can you tell me another program that has this? Anyone can fund a similar model in your own state or district, and I encourage this; I would love for Governors and Feds to recognize taxpayers' choice in funding SUSTAINABLE health care models especially if states do not support ACA. This Freedmen's Town District can be used as a national model to show that it works, so more people can ask for the choice to fund similar projects!

Sorry that's not what it means. I'm sorry if this was not clear.

It recognizes the Freed Slave history equally as the Military History in the neighborhood.

K, the District was built by Freed Slaves who were not considered equal citizens as other Americans. This is part of the history.

And the land taken by Eminent Domain (from both Black and Italian landowners who were BOTH minorities at the time) IS part of Military History (as recognized by the State of Texas) because the housing was only funded as part of the War Effort. It was supposed to be used for helping Military Families, but only a few Vets are being served. The Federal laws and contracts CALL for replacement housing to be built in the surrounding district.

So it only makes sense to follow the original contracts, and to use at least some of the housing for Vets since that is what the original funding was designated for.

http://www.houstonprogressive.org/4d-songs.html
http://www.houstonprogressive.org/4d-song.html

"Freedmen's Town"

Inspired by "Allentown" by Billy Joel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a volunteer in Freedmen's Town
Where they shut the county hospital down
Older neighbors forced to move away
Die from the stress
They tried to escape

There were soldiers from the Civil War
Buried here, but not anymore
With the working poor and former slaves,
Their history remains,
But not in their graves

It's a racket here in Freedmen's Town
With every court ruling they've handed down,
Taking land by eminent do-main . . .

We're still waiting here in Freedmen's Town
For Civil Rights our leaders expound
Like Brother King who once had a dream
Our children would know
What it means to be free

Free to suffer under government
By corruption instead of consent
No, we had to teach ourselves to read
The federal laws
That no one will heed

There's no justice here in Freedmen's Town

Are we afraid to let America see
The architecture of Black history?
Are we more perfect? Does freedom depend
If we own land, or we're still - paying rent?

Redevelopers in Freedmen's Town
Tear our streets up and houses down
Where's the public housing built for the vets?
How many of them
Are still homeless yet?

It's a struggle here in Freedmen's Town
Where the Camp Logan riots went down
And the battle rages on to-day . . .

So I'm asking everyone to pray
For the people down in Freedmen's Town.

Please endorse the Youth Master Plan for Fourth Ward:
http://www.houstonprogressive.org/4dyouthresolution.html

Last edited:

Ironically, the Freed Slaves who built Freedmen's Town did better as noncitizens than the Blacks today who submit to church and state authority, regardless of corruption oppression or abuse, under duress of being rejected if they speak out.

If noncitizens had to "hire each other" and invest their own labor to build the entire district of Freedmen's Town, including thriving businesses in brick and construction, 100's of churches (we are down to 8 after 2 burned and the City demolished 1 and put a lien on the demolition pressuring the church to give up its land to convert to a public park), and jazz clubs known as the Harlem of the South, then

It seems they did better for themselves economically when they did NOT depend on Govt.

Now that the entitlement mentality has taken over, people keep waiting for funds from the City or Govt, which was instead given to private developers to mow down historic houses.

The City spent $3.4 million of taxpayers' money on a grant to a bogus "nonprofit" group of developers who destroyed historic houses and laundered the property (after they went bankrupt paying themselves huge salaries without building the houses under contract) to a government agency that otherwise would have had to follow federal preservation laws.

But the City would not grant $100,000 to a valid nonprofit group to purchase the last 10 historic houses for preservation, claiming they have "no money."

After a private developer made around $8-12 million buying a historic hospital at a loss to the County, demolishing it, and flipping it to the Federal Reserve for a profit (both times costing taxpayers millions that went into private profit for a corporate developer)

The local TIRZ board also spent $15 million from the Federal Reserve to prepare for Developers to move in and destroy the remaining history, while applauding their heroic work of spending $4 million propping up walls of a burned down church, but again having "no money" to help churches with a longterm plan for preservation.

In short, the govt is used to fund dependence on welfare, both corporate and social, but when it comes to sustainable plans such as the proposed community campus for Vet Housing and business training, then taxpayers have to fight to fund that themselves (against a trend of people afraid to be seen as going against church or govt authority), while paying taxes into a system abused to fund opposing interests to keep this oppressive cycle going.

I work 3 jobs now to pay for the damages done by govt abuse.

And the community leader I was helping to promote the Vet housing plan works 2 jobs plus 2 volunteer programs in the neighborhood we are trying to save.

She is a Black Republican and I am an Asian Democrat.
So maybe we are not getting support because we are the wrong color, gender, or party, or for whatever reason our political and church leaders are afraid to ASK to fund sustainable solutions but are ok to keep the current political warfare, oppression and bullying going.

At least that makes money for lawyers, politicians, and developers for people to stay ignorant without equal access to knowledge of the laws to break the cycle of poverty and oppression.
submit to church and state authority? When did the church get any authority?

What you propose requires federal funds.

Titty has run dry

Actually we are asking for independent financiers to help donate, invest or lend the money to buy the land to build the sustainable program for Churches and Vets to become independent.

The model we are using is taught by Lifestyles Unlimited Real Estate Investing Education and Mentoring | Lifestyles Unlimited

This is a private business investment group, so the point is to teach independence from govt.

The main reasons we are involving the Federal Govt is that millions of taxpayer dollars were abused to destroy the district, so that if anything, damages and reparations are owed back to the public for the destruction of national history at our expense!

I am asking for investors (even individuals at $25 to $250 each) to lend against this debt owed to us the taxpaying public, where either the wrongdoers pay back the costs, or the investors claim shares in the property and programs as "collateral" on the debts.

There is even a legal system of issuing currency, which we can use to represent the debt and to pay people for labor and jobs created in education and restoration work in the district as a national model.

We should not let the Govt destroy the evidence that (a) damage was done to national history (b) that citizens could have collected the money to prevent this if we were informed and asked and (c) we can use the remaining property to set up a sustainable system of renewable revenue in order to fund the restoration work to repair past damages. But if we lose this last chance, then it would take reclaiming the entire district, not just the houses left, to repair the damage done; which is on the level of secession from Government if you want to go there. I believe we can separate financially, but not if people have this attitude that you cannot help but be oppressed by Government and bad politics, so don't even ask!

submit to church and state authority? When did the church get any authority?

Apparently, the reason I cannot get more church members to fund this project is they are afraid to speak out against either their church or state leaders. They will ask God or ask people in private, and if they don't get what they ask, they wait on God. So in the meantime an entire district of national historic sites has been destroyed while people are waiting for each other to give permission to do something different.

I understand they want to accept God's will and respect "human institutions", and not inject their own selfish will to the contrary. But there is nothing wrong with asking. Just being silent is not the same as actively asking and teaching people to help themselves to invest in programs to become independent, and quit being abused while they are afraid to ask!

In general, the church or the people draw authority by forming consensus by AGREEMENT in truth. That is where we form social contracts that are legally binding.

Somehow people got into the habit of "separating church and state" meaning to reject churches and religion instead of treating those interests equally with anyone else. And with the church members, the ones I spoke with are afraid to ask and to go against their leaders. they all seek permission from the elders to work in an orderly manner and spirit by agreement. This system goes wrong when they fail to address conflicts, but avoid bringing them up, which causes oppression. We can build and work by consensus, but it will take actively ASKING not passively just letting things go on and waiting on God or Government to change them. People end up waiting on the other and nothing is getting done in time.

What you propose requires federal funds.

Titty has run dry

Actually we are asking for independent financiers to help donate, invest or lend the money to buy the land to build the sustainable program for Churches and Vets to become independent.

The model we are using is taught by Lifestyles Unlimited Real Estate Investing Education and Mentoring | Lifestyles Unlimited

This is a private business investment group, so the point is to teach independence from govt.

The main reasons we are involving the Federal Govt is that millions of taxpayer dollars were abused to destroy the district, so that if anything, damages and reparations are owed back to the public for the destruction of national history at our expense!

I am asking for investors (even individuals at $25 to $250 each) to lend against this debt owed to us the taxpaying public, where either the wrongdoers pay back the costs, or the investors claim shares in the property and programs as "collateral" on the debts.

There is even a legal system of issuing currency, which we can use to represent the debt and to pay people for labor and jobs created in education and restoration work in the district as a national model.

We should not let the Govt destroy the evidence that (a) damage was done to national history (b) that citizens could have collected the money to prevent this if we were informed and asked and (c) we can use the remaining property to set up a sustainable system of renewable revenue in order to fund the restoration work to repair past damages. But if we lose this last chance, then it would take reclaiming the entire district, not just the houses left, to repair the damage done; which is on the level of secession from Government if you want to go there. I believe we can separate financially, but not if people have this attitude that you cannot help but be oppressed by Government and bad politics, so don't even ask!

Would you explain how taxpayer money was used to destroy this district and why reparations would be owed?

Forum List

Back